Chapter 04

You can't (Jinki ver.)

 

Right now it's lunch time, and I sat with Luna in the cafeteria.

"Yesterday, when you went inside to take your book, Minho became nicer to me," she smiled, and I frowned.

"That's good for you," I said halfheartedly; not really liking that Minho is nice to her. That could lead to the fact that both of them are really going out someday, and that would be in more than one way.

"Yes, and then he smiled at me. He's so cute."

"Please Luna, stop talking about him," I said; annoyed. She looked at me with a pout and didn't talk about Minho anymore.

"Hey Jinki."

I looked up and saw Jonghyun. I immediately smiled.

"Hey Jonghyun. What's up?" 

"Actually, I forgot to ask about your cell phone number yesterday," he said, and I nodded. "Would you give it to me?" he said; sounding as though he was pleading me.

"Why should I?"

He gasped, trying to find some words which made me laugh.

"It was just a joke. Yes, I will give you my number."

I wrote my number on a little paper and handed it to him. He was about to take it but someone else snatched it away.

"Thanks."

"Choi Minho give that back," I sighed.

"I don't want to." he replied. He is driving me crazy.

"Hello Minho oppa," Luna beamed, and I didn't get the chance to fight for my number.

"Hello Luna."

He remembered her name?

"Your lunch looks tasty, you made it yourself? And why do you and Jinki have the same thing?" he asked, making Luna smile.

"Yes, I made it myself and Jinki has the same because I made his lunch box too. I make two of them every day," she smiled.

"Really? that must be a lot of work." 

"No, not really it's quite easy. After years of making it, I got faster in making them."

"Oh, you think it would take you more work to make one more for me?" he asked cutely. "It really looks fantastic and I didn't eat anything."

"No, I will make one for you too. But why didn't you eat anything?" She was shocked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"That isn't good for you. You are in the soccer team after all so you need energy, otherwise you will faint or something. Wait here, I will get you something to eat. I would give you mine but there isn't enough," she explained and walked away to get his food.

"Sit down Jonghyun."

He still stood at our table so why not sit down?

"Now to you... why are you suddenly so nice to her?" 

"'Because you want me to."

I raised an eyebrow.

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Exactly what I'm saying. You said I have to remember her name and so I did. I bet you also want me to be nice to her so I am nice to her," he said.

"First of all, you know that it's a ridiculous reason to be nice to her. And second, you realize that you make her hopes go up which shouldn't be the case." 

"Why do you care?"

Why I care? isn't that obvious?

"Maybe because she means something to me." 

"So you're in love with her?"

My eyes widened, and as I was about to reply, Luna came back and cut me off.

"Here, some food so you can have enough energy for the day," she sweetly smiled. 

"Thank you," he smiled back, and I could have puked.

"Hey Jinx," said a playful voice, and we all looked in the direction of it.

"Amber," we gave each other a high-five. Amber is a girl form my math class and yeah, we are getting along quite well. She sat beside me and put her arm on my shoulder.

"You saw Mr. Park's hair today?" she laughed.

"Hell they looked awful. I wonder if he forgot to comb after he woke up," I laughed along.

"Maybe he just slept over? Oh, I can totally imagine how he falls out of his bed looking at the clock and realizing that he slept over, and storming out of his house without making his hair."

We both laughed louder.

"But when I thing about it, he doesn't really have hair anymore."

Now we weren't able to stop laughing, and I was about to cry. Jonghyun too; he tried to hold back his laugher but failed.

"I bet he still lives at his moms house," Jonghyun blurred out and we all die from laughing. All of us laughed, only Luna looked at us as if we are some aliens. Minho looked as if he was glaring at Amber? But anyway, we had fun. After a while we stopped laughing.

"By the way, I came for a reason," said Amber; handing me a piece of paper. "Someone told me to give it to you," she whispered so that only I can understand her.

I nodded.

"Just read it when you're alone," she whispered, and I nodded again.

"Well anyway, bye Jinx. See you in the next maths class, and Jonghyun, it was nice to laugh with you," she smiled and went away.

"Jinki oppa, what's that for, a paper?" Luna asked curiously.

"Nothing for you."

"Oh come on. Show me, pretty please?" she whined.

"You may trick others with that whining but not me," I said, and ate the rest of my food. I suddenly remembered something and wrote some numbers on a paper for the second time.

"Jonghyun, here's my number," I said, and he smiled.

"Finally, thank you!"  

 

 

*********************************

 

I went to soccer practice and took Luna along. Well, she would have been there anyway to see her Minho oppa. I placed my things in one of the lockers of the changing room and went back to the field; waiting for the rest of the players to arrive, whilst Luna cling around my arm.

"He is coming."

I know exactly who she was talking about. Minho spotted us and was on his way to us. Or if you think about it, he's on his way to her.

"Hey Jinki, hey Luna," Minho nodded his head.

"Hey Minho oppa," she giggled.

"Wish me good luck for the training," he winked, but I thought he was talking to Luna, so I asked a question.

"Were is Jonghyun?"

I looked around but didn't see him.

"How should I know that?" he replied in anger. 

What the hell is wrong? He was so nice just now and yet?

"I'm so sorry for asking" I replied.

"I'm here."

"Jonghyun, where were you?"

"I took some time while changing."

I nodded in understanding. I talked to Jonghyun, with Luna still clinging to my arm; and talking to Minho. But then there was a person that came to me, and gave me a kiss on the cheeks. I was shocked, but when I saw who it was, the shock was over.

"Hello Victoria."

She also clung to my arm. Luna raised her eyebrow as if she was wondering who it was.

"Umm, Victoria. This is Luna; my best friend."

She nodded and smiled.

"Luna, this is Victoria; my girlfriend."

They all gasped.

"Girlfriend, since when?" Luna asked; shocked.

"Today," I replied.

"Why you didn't tell me?"

"Well, you were busy talking about Minho so I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry."

Luna blushed but I didn't care. I mean, it's not really a secret. She has a crush on someone else anyway. It seems that Minho was busy glaring at Victoria, but she didn't notice.

"It's okay. I forgive you. Hello Victoria, it's nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too," she smiled kindly.

The soccer practice began and the boys went onto the field, while I remained on the side with two girls clinging on my arm, talking about god and the world. After practice we went home, and of course I would be a bad boyfriend if I didn't take my girlfriend home at that hour of the day. It may not have been that late but still, it's not safe alone as a girl, so why not play black knight? The only thing that confused me was why the other three went along.

"See you tomorrow."

I released her hand and pecked her lips. She nodded with a blush and went inside. That was a little cute I guess. When I turned around I saw the other three looking at me.

"What?"

"Nothing, just surprised that you have a girlfriend," said Jonghyun.

What does that mean? I shrugged my shoulder and we went home. Jonghyun was the first of us to say goodbye, leaving the three of us. Luna talked to Minho, but it seems that he didn't pay attention this time and was in deep thought. Finally Minho said goodbye too, and now I was alone with Luna.

"Why you didn't tell me about your girlfriend?" 

"I already said I forgot okay?"

She pouted.

"Meanie. But why didn't you tell me that you had a crush on her?" 

"Why should I?"

"We are best friends." 

"Right, but still doesn't mean I have to tell you everything."

Luna raised her eyebrows.

"Okay, but you love her right?"

My eyes widened.

"What you talking about, love? That's too early to say but I... like her."

She smiled and nodded in understanding.

"Glad you found someone."

"If you knew..." I thought.

 

*****************************

 

I came out of the shower and laid on my bed, thinking about what happened today, and about my girlfriend. Are you wondering how that happened? I can tell you...

It was at lunch when Amber gave the letter to me. Well, it wasn't really a letter but a note, and on the note it read, "meet me behind the gym before lunch ends." 

I hoped it wasn't what I thought it was, and excused myself from our table, saying I had to get some things out of my locker but instead, I went behind the gym.

 

Flashback:

 

"Hello Jinki," said a shy girl.

"You're the one that sent me the note?" he asked, and she nodded. He really hoped that this wasn't what he thought that was.

"I-I'm Victoria," she smiled. "I-I-I wanted t-to ask y-you... if you could go out with me because, I r-really l-like you," she said; blushing red and almost crying. Jinki really hoped, but god hates him and it was indeed a love confession; something Jinki didn't want to hear, at least not from her...

"Victoria..." he took a deep breath. "I feel really grateful that you like me but I can't go out with you. I'm really sorry."

Her tears began to flow out, and Jinki felt guilty.

"I-it's o-okay." Her voice was shaking and she tried to smile. "C-could I know the r-reason?"

He took another deep breath.

"I can't go out with you because..." he hesitated. "I'm already in love with someone else."

Okay, that was hard. He never admitted to anyone else but himself; that he was in love with that person even if he didn't say the name.

"S-so you have a girlfriend already?" 

"No, it's an unrequited love and I don't think that person will ever consider me as a boyfriend," he smiled bitterly.

"Could you try it with me then?"

Jinki was shocked. Did she just really ask that?

"I-I mean, maybe, just maybe, you could forget the person you love, and maybe you could get feelings for me."

She's right. It could happen...maybe.

"Do you realize that I can hurt you when I'm in love with someone else but go out with you?"

"It doesn't matter. I want to try and go out with you."

Could it really help to forget ? But he could hurt Victoria.

"We can break up whenever you want and I will accept it, okay? Just please, please let us try. Let me be your girlfriend," she pleaded.

Should he? He thought before giving her a nod.

"Thank you. Really, thank you," she gave him a bright smiled and a peck on the cheek, walking away afterwards.

 

Flashback ends.

 

Why did I say yes? I don't know. Maybe, just maybe, I hope to forget my painful love and move on. But still, she could be hurt. I'm such a bad guy. My thoughts were full of that confession from today but then my cell phone rung, telling me that I had a message.

 

From: Luna

To: Jinki

Don't forget to make three lunch boxes for tomorrow :) 

Have a good night.

 

Oh yeah, the lunch box Minho wants wasn't made by Luna. It was made by me, and now I have to do three instead of two. It's a lot of work and even if you get faster at making it, the amount of work is still the same. Now, I have to wake up two hours before school starts to make it. When do I have to wake up tomorrow then? Three hours before?

 

From: Jinki

To: Luna 

Don't worry I won't forget it ^^

Good night you too :)

 

I texted her back and threw my cell phone next to me, but it rang again; a call this time. I looked at the caller's ID, but it was an unknown number.

 

"Hello ?" 

"Is your mind full of thoughts about me?"

I could hear the smirk from that person. My eyes widened. It can't be. Why is he calling?  

"... Minho?" 

 

 


Somehow this story is harder to upload then my other story but well here is another chapter of my written crap hope you like it  :)

I finished my exams and I can tell you... math was the worst. It was too hard and we didn't had enough time :(  we get the results on Tuesday