8| the past

Day Lily

remember i said at the last chapter that this will be a double update? i couldn't find time so it ended up not becoming a double update. :(

right now i'm on my christmas break so i could update from time to time. (hopefully i can end this story already.)

btw i didn't beta this, sorry for the mistakes!

--

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo's hand and they both headed to the car hurriedly. Both heaved heavy breaths unsure what to say as they look around for anything, for something to explain what was happening. Things were running so fast that Kyungsoo couldn't interpret the situation as of now. All he knows is that Jongin has seen something when he hugged him. And that he, Kyungsoo, saw something--someone as well. It was a woman.

A woman, he remembers as he closed his eyes and pulled the seatbelt, adjusting it to his seat before fluttering his eyes open and scanning around.

The two of them were heading to the garden. Chanyeol's garden. Oh how he missed everything.

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin whose eyebrows were furrowing and who seemed somewhat nervous. Why was he nervous? Why should he be nervous? Kyungsoo fiddled with his own fingers as he batted his eyelashes while looking around for answers. He needed answers to explain what the both of them saw. Soon, whispers hovered behind his mind.

You will see.

Soon you will see.

 

'What will I see?' Kyungsoo thought. He closed his eyes again hoping that he would fall asleep right away and dream, but he was shaken as soon as the car stopped abruptly.

 

"We are here." Jongin muttered under his breath. Kyungsoo couldn't read the tone of the other's voice. He sounded serious, mysterious even. There was something different about his tone and Kyungsoo was so sure that something weird will happen. He sighed and pressed the button of his seat belt.

"Stay right here." Jongin utters and gets out of the car. Kyungsoo watches as he goes to the other side of the car and opens the car door for him.

"I'm not a girl." Kyungsoo mutters irritated by the way Jongin was treating him.

"Well, I'm sorry princess." He teased. "At least I brought you here." Jongin says and points to the garden Kyungsoo has been meaning to go to ever since he left home. Kyungsoo ushers a sorry before fixing himself and heading to the doorway. He reaches for the doorknob but he stops and holds his hand back.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asked as he breathed on to Kyungsoo's neck. Shocked by the sudden move, Kyungsoo reaches for the doorknob and heads inside.

 

The place was still breathtakingly wonderful for Kyungsoo. All the memories rush in again and he was hoping for something to hold on to. And then he sees it... The day lily. It was of course and obviously dead as Kyungsoo expected it to be. His eyes well up and tears began to fall when he rushes to touch the petals of the day lily. He starts to sob as threw the day lily on the floor while wiping the tears in his eyes.

He stands up to leave, but a voice holds him back.

Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stops and looks around. No one was there, not even Jongin. Kyungsoo.

"What?" Kyungsoo turns around again to see a bright figure eyeing him. It was Chanyeol.

It was Park Chanyeol.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know what to do. Hug him? Beg for him to come back? Cry and tell him how much he misses him? Ask him if has ever liked him more than a friend? Kyungsoo wanted to do all that, but somehow he couldn't make himself to do it. Chanyeol started speaking again when he realizes that his best friend couldn't utter a word.

Kyungsoo, listen. I made you meet Kim Jongin for a reason. You looked sad and depressed after I left so I thought that making you meet him will appease your pain. I realize that I could be wrong... I just want to say Kyungsoo... I missed you.

Kyungsoo started crying again.

Please don't cry Kyungsoo. And please, I have a favor. I know this is too much to ask.

"What is it?"

"Don't forget me. Please." Suddenly Kyungsoo scoffed.

"If you've seen me feel sad why didn't you just tell me comforting words? Like you'll always be there or that you like me?"

W-what? But I did--

"No you didn't Chanyeol! What you did was to make me meet a guy that I would hate the most. You made me feel hopeful that you were with me! You were making me think that somehow maybe, maybe you felt something for me."

Kyungsoo!--

"But you didn't have feelings for me right? You're always with that girl! That annoying girlfriend you mentioned was your true love."

Kyungsoo! Will you shut up?

"No you shut up! I thought that maybe you liked me more than a friend so I tried to accept whatever you presented to me. You presented Kim Jongin so I accepted him. I accepted living under the same roof with him. I accepted everything about him. But then... But then Chanyeol! I started to like him! I started to like him..

And now, I'm not sure if I have feelings for you anymore. Maybe you shouldn't have brought me to him."

 

Kyungsoo looks up to see Chanyeol gone and someone calling his name. "I'm coming!" He called back and rushes outside.

"I found something." Jongin tells Kyungsoo from outside.

For some reason, he sounded nervous. That mysterious sound from his voice wasn't getting away Kyungsoo's mind. But even so, Kyungsoo followed behind and the two eventually reached another entrance. Kyungsoo has never seen this entrance before neither has Chanyeol ever showed this to him. How come?

Once the door was opened, everything that Kyungsoo saw shocked him deeply. The other was shocked as well.

Inside, were a bunch of pictures. Pictures of Chanyeol and another girl were pasted in every space of the four walls of the small room.

 

"Who is this?" Kyungsoo muttered to himself. He knew Chanyeol had a girlfriend, but he didn't know who she was or how she looksed like. When the tall guy visited him, he only talks about how he is with his girlfriend and nothing more than that. Kyungsoo hears a sharp gasp from beside him to see it was Jongin taken a back.

"Why. Why is my girlfriend beside your best friend? Huh?" Kai turned to Kyungsoo. Kai wrapped his hand tightly around Kyungsoo's wrist. "Why is he there Kyungsoo? What is he doing with my girlfriend? Answer me!" There was something wrong in his eyes that scared Kyungsoo.

"I don't know." Kyungsoo said honestly but he was getting nervous.

Kai threw Kyungsoo's wrist and went inside grabbing some pictures and taking a good look at each of them.

Though Kyungsoo was nervous at the way Kai was acting towards him, he felt angry. It was this girl who killed his best friend! It has to be! Kyungsoo watched Kai as he fiddled with every picture. He wanted to punch him and ask what kind of girl would kill his best and only friend. But then everything stops. Kai drops the pictures and gave Kyungsoo one sharp glare.

And without saying anything, he leaves the room.

 

"Wait! Where the hell are you going?" Kyungsoo shouts but Kai does not stop walking. He runs to Kai but Kai never stops ignoring Kyungsoo.

"What the hell happened to you yah KIM JONGIN!" Kyungsoo screamed.

"Hey you." Kai turned around to look at Kyungsoo in the eye obviously irritated. He goes closer and closer and closer until their faces were inches apart. "Just so you know. You are home now. Don't go to my house, I don't want to see your face ever again. Farewell Kyungsoo-ssi. It was nice meeting you." And then Kai leaves.. Again.

 

Kyungsoo shouts and punches the wall out of anger, then he cries and falls back while he hugs his knees trying to pull himself together. He looks up to see his house. His old home.

 

You were right. I shouldn't have brought him to you.