11| Tainted Photograph

Day Lily

this is the second to the last chapter :D HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS


"We're here." Jongin muttered as he stopped the car and looked at Kyungsoo.

It was a quick drive but the latter had already fallen asleep. Jongin chuckled to himself and gave the boy a quick pat. The boy wriggled and stretched, his eyes opened wide to look around his surroundings. He frowned a little bit as he glanced towards the Kim's residence. His eyebrows furrowed and looked at Jongin.

"Come on, let's go." Jongin said as he got out of the car only to go to Kyungsoo's side to open it.

Kyungsoo sighed and brushed his hair to the back. He eyed Jongin carefully before getting out of the car. The taller guy smiled and walked towards the door with striding steps. Kyungsoo followed back obediently. He was still somewhat confused on what was going on, but he couldn't help but feel the familiarity of every little thing around him.

He has seen the house before.

Laughter echoed inside the house and he thought deeply. He has heard of that laughter before. The two boys went inside and Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's arm and headed straight to the rooms. The laughter Kyungsoo has heard faded, a door was slammed shut and Jongin shouted a "We're back mother!". Kyungsoo did not dare ask who his mother is because somehow he has already met him.

Jongin motioned the older to sit down on the bed. Kyungsoo did what he was told and stared into Jongin's eyes. This whole room was familiar. He looked around to catch any memories hidden in the room, there was one. Something was gleaming behind the small drawer. As curious as he could be, he stood up and aproached the gleaming light shone on the object.

"This used to be your room, Kyungsoo-ah."

Kyungsoo was now in front of the gleaming object. He crouched down and brushed his fingers to what seems to be a picture frame and insde was a lonely photograph of--

"Kyungsoo? Hey! Don't touch that!" Jongin went closer to Kyungsoo and grabbed the photo worriedly. Apparently Jongin didn't notice the wine bottle his mom has left before he went to pick up Kyungsoo. His mother thought that if he drank with Kyungsoo, the latter would forgive him. He remembered opening it already before he left the house. He was completely insane and forgetful. It's too bad now, because the wine bottle poured all over the photo and Kyungsoo stared.

He knew the man on the picture.

Suddenly, tears start gushing from Kyungsoo's eyes as he knelt down to wipe the wine of.

"Ch-chanyeol." He knew the man on the picture, it was his best friend. Somehow, their memories together were still being blocked in Kyungsoo mind, but at least he remembered the guy.

Jongin couldn't say a word. In all honesty, his heart was hurting even worse when he found out that the other couldn't remember him. Not having a place in Kyungsoo's mind and memory was fine with him, but he felt hurt because he knew he'll never have a place in Kyungsoo's heart.

The  boy stopped crying after almost and eternity. He's gone numb as he stares at the empty wall that had a few splatters from the wine. He looked at Jongin for a few more minutes and frowned. "This has happened before." Kyungsoo said and Jongin wasn't sure if he was talking to him or if he was talking to himself. But options could be right, so Jongin could only look back at the older.

"I know this has happened before." He whispered again.

Jongin kneels down until he was levelled with Kyungsoo.

"There's still some wine left. You want to have a toast?"

He was trying to change the subject and how delighted was he when Kyungsoo brushed what he has just said and nodded towards Jongin. "Fine by me." He said as he wiped the tears that almost fell on his cheeks and stood up. Jongin was slightly shocked the way the older acted. It's as if he remembered only a bit of his best friend, and then forgotten him again. The taller stood up as well and followed Kyungsoo as he gripped the half empty bottle with his hand.

****

"What do we toast for?" Kyungsoo asks as he pours him and the guy opposite him a glass.

Jongin was still silent as he bites his lips and thinks deeply. "For uh.. For you coming back." Jongin whispers as he looks into Kyungsoo's eyes, a small smile escaping his lips. The smile wasn't one of happiness, it was sort of sad, sort of hopeful, sort of in between. Kyungsoo pursed his lips and blinked slowly.

"I don't even know who you are."

Jongin could only stare in disbelief. Kyungsoo tried to think but things were stopping him from doing so. He looked around and sighed deeply. He has seen this place before and everything was too familiar that it was killing him. He looked softly into Jongin's eyes and could feel his heart thump. He looked away and sipped the drink.

"That photograph..." Kyungsoo started.

"He was your best friend." Jongin explained. He wasn't sure if he should say this.

"Ch-chanyeol? Is that his name?" Kyungsoo asks. He pours himself another drink.

Jongin only nods. Does he remember him?

"I don't know who he is. I know his name. I've seen his face. But the memories?" Kyungsoo suddenly laughed uncontrollably; the alcohol must have hit him. "I don't seem to remember them."

"But you, Mr. Jongin-ssi." Kyungsoo raises his glass and points it towards Jongin. "For some reason, I know you." He laughs again and drinks, a wide smile evident on his face. Jongin could only stare. "There are memories of us. How come... How come I still remember them?"

"What kind of memories?" Jongin asked.

"You hugged me. I asked if you wanted to be friends with me and you said. And then I asked you something else..." Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips to try to remember. Again, something was stopping him from remembering and he curses annoyed.

"How about more than that?" Jongin looked directly into Kyungsoo's eyes as if he was searching for something.

"What?" Kyungsoo put down his glass.

"That's what you asked. That something else you asked."

Kyungsoo stared blankly at Jongin.

"U-uh what? Why? Why would I say that?" Suddenly he stuttered and he was searching everywhere for answers.

"But that's what you asked me! And I--"

"Forget it. We are never going to be friends." Kyungsoo stands up from his chair and was about to leave, but Jongin was boiling from his seat.

"When you asked that question. I said okay when you told me you want to be friends." Kyungsoo didn't budge and decided to listen to Jongin's words carefully. "But honestly? I never said I wanted to be friends... I want to be more than just that." Kyungsoo turned around to Jongin, he was definitely touched.

"But how do I know you really love me? That you wouldn't hurt me?"

"I've hurt you. I've already did. I don't know how to make you remember, but I'll just be good to you. I promise that."

And Kyungsoo smiled.


yay good news! the last chapter will be a happy ending

sorry it's rushed! actually this story wasn't planned, but as soon as i posted it, this fic garnered much attention than i wanted it to be. so haha, i still hoped you liked it =)))

I don't know when i'll publish the last chap because school's starting again :(