12| Please say that again 《final/epilogue 》

Day Lily

Goodbye guys! This is the last chapter. I just finished school so it took me time to start this ugh =(( It was nice writing this! I had fun :) I honestly didn't expect to get a lot of subscribers to this, so I am very thankful for the readers and the glancers/speed readers. Thank you!


 

The flowers in the garden were growing well but one was growing even better. A day lily, stood firm and healthily on the gound as of the afternoon swaying back and forth beautifully. Day lilies don't last long, in fact it dies after 24 hours but then so does sadness-- It won't last forever. This is what Kyungsoo has been thinking, even after all the depression and anxiety, there will always be a rainbow after the gruesome rain. Always.

And to Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin was the rain as he was mostly the reason for the depression, sadness and anxiety that he has been feeling quite recently. But even so, he was still the rainbow that could make him smile after all the troubles that he himself caused. After everything that has happened, after all the chaos, he finally understood what he felt for Jongin. Maybe it was because of the day lily or maybe because of Chanyeol's death or maybe because of fate that he had met him. No one knows.

He was just glad he met him.

*

When Kyungsoo went to Jongin's house for the second time. His memory was still vague and he couldn't quite place what was happening at the moment. He has seen everything before; he knows it, but for some reason his memory was obscure by cloudy whites in his mind. It was the flower. It was the flower's fault that made him forget everything for awhile. Chanyeol never said that he could permanently forget everything after using the day lily so it was a relief for Jongin that it was only for a bit. But at first, he didn't even know that it was only temporary.

When Kyungsoo repeated so many times he had no idea Jongin was, his heart broke, it even shattered and he felt like it was going to be the end of the world. Jongin, at the verge of his heart tearing into pieces assured Kyungsoo he'll make him remember. Because Kyungsoo wanted to be more than friends with Jongin, he wanted to make that wish happen. He was supposed to make it happen, but things changed and everything fell apart. But then, there is always a time for everything. The time fate has prepared is now and Jongin knows what he should do.

*

"Here." Jongin held out the day lily flower towards Kyungsoo who brushed its petals first before taking it gingerly in his hands.

"Thank you." He smiled brightly and looked at the other flowers they were tending.

He was getting back his memory. From the garden to Chanyeol, from Chanyeol's death to Jongin. Everything. Kyungsoo stood up and walked around the garden aimlessly. Things were getting more confusing as his memory was coming back, but at least he was slowly understanding everything again. After quite sometime of admiring the flowers and the plants that has been wonderfully tended to, he glanced at the man who made everything fall apart yet had picked up the pieces he has broken himself. 

"Jongin." He called out as he went closer to the said boy with his hands dangling behind his back.

"What is it Kyungsoo-ah?" Instead of cringing from the informal way of calling out his name, he smiled instead.

"I want to start again."

Kyungsoo sat beside Jongin and faced him with a peaceful expression on his face. Jongin eyed him curiously but soon, his face read "success" all over. He was finally able to make him remember everything. The good, and even the bad.

*

"You did a lot to me Mr. Jongin-ssi." He said pointedly. "You broke my heart, made me confused, tore me into pieces and killed my best friend." Jongin's expression turned serious because he was right. If he could start all over again and not be the jealous, arrogant jerk he was once, then he wouldn't have crashed to Chanyeol, he wouldn't have hurt Kyungsoo, he wouldn't have broken himself apart. But he did, and he couldn't do anything about it. So, he wanted to make amends. Jongin wanted to fix everything.

For awhile, Jongin thought the day lily was his enemy. It was the gift of Kyungsoo's best friend and it hindered him to make amends for awhile, but things were falling back to place. And at the back of Jongin's mind, he thinks. Chanyeol has given him a second chance. He has accepted him to be with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo continued. "I should be giving you a second chance, but there's something telling me I shouldn't."

"Maybe you shouldn't." Jongin said cautiously. "I helped you enough to remember every single detail about you and me... And Chanyeol."

"And I did remember." Kyungsoo nodded, a small smile rose. "Thanks for that."

*

Kyungsoo stood up and brushed the dust on his pants before holding out his hand for Jongin to take. Jongin glanced at the hand and then to Kyungsoo who was waiting with a small smile.

"But.." Kyungsoo took of his hand and gazed intently at Jongin as he speaks.

"I'm giving you one last chance Jongin-ah."

"I remember everything but I want you to make me forget it again." Jongin was about to speak but Kyungsoo lifted a hand urging him not to, he wasn't finished speaking.

 

"Make me forget the bad things. Don't use the day lily to do it." Kyungsoo pointed towards the day lily that was slowy deteriorating already.

 

"I want you to replace all the bad memories in my life with good memories." Kyungsoo continued and Jongin could feel tears welling up but not one fell.

 

"I love you Jongin-ah."

Beautiful. What Kyungsoo said to him was beautiful. But then Jongin wondered, something was wrong with the way Kyungsoo looked. Kyungsoo looked happy but then there was something else. He looked weak, as if...

"Wait! Kyungsoo! Say that again. Please say that again!"

 

And Kyungsoo left the garden that Chanyeol, his best friend once owned. Kyungsoo left.

The tears finally started falling in Jongin's eyes as he looked at the day lily deteriorating, a small label was attached behind the pot. Chanyeol must have ignored telling the truth about the day lily to Kyungsoo. Because at the back of the pot, the label stated.

Death... After use.

 

A/N. It wasn't a happy ending =(( If you want me to make an alternative ending, I will.