FINAL ending

So Close [completed]

So this was my first story ever writen, and it's been brought to my attention that this story wasn't completed, lol. That's embarassing on my part. So here it is. Sorry about it folks.

They spent the next couple of days talking about the things they never thought they’d be talking about now. They were talking about baby names and nursery decorations and all sorts of baby preparations. She grew so excited and so did he. They honestly couldn’t wait for the call that would officially make them parents.

But apparently, that phone call would never come. Kim picked up the phone one week after the appointment, and it was the doctor. “Hello?”

“Mrs. Anderson. It’s Dr. Capone, I have the results for your paternity test.”

Kim stared at Gerald, and Gerald obviously got the point because he walked beside her, wrapping his arms around her waist. “I’m sorry to inform you, but your paternity test turned out negative. You aren’t pregnant.”

“Oh, and you’re sure,” she chuckled nervously.

“Yes, I’m sorry. I know how much you and your husband wanted to have a baby. But you’re healthy as a horse, so maybe in the near future.”

“Thank you very much. Have a nice day too. Good-bye.” Kim swallowed the lump that mysteriously grew in .

Gerald spun her around, but saw the answer in the growing tears in her eyes. “Baby.”

She chuckled, “its okay. I mean, we just got married; we’re not ready to be parents. I don’t need a baby yet, I have you.” She tried to rationalize. “It’s our honeymoon, we shouldn’t even think about it yet.”

He took her into her arms, and kissed the side of her head. “It’s okay.”

Kim nodded, breathing in slowly. “I know. It was silly to start crying.” She wiped her eyes dry. “I just, I don’t know, I guess I was really excited to be a parent, to be a mother.”

“It’ll come.” He promised her. “You hear me, we will be become parents,” he smiled. “And we are going to love our kids more than anything. This was just a sign that our day will come. Don’t think you’re alone in this, I want to have a baby. I want you to have my baby. And that day will come. I promise you.”

She nodded. “I love you so much.”

“Not as much as I love you.” He kissed her. “We can start trying now.” He chuckled.

Kim laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck, and hugging him. “You are the perfect husband, do you know that?”

“I have my moments, perfect wife.” He kissed her cheek, and carried her to the bedroom laughing.

After the three weeks was over, they arrived back home with more love for each other than anyone thought possible. They were bombarded with cameras and paparazzi in the airport, but like always, it never stopped them.

The taxi driver dropped them off at their new house, the first time as husband and wife. He took her hand, and opened the door. “Go in first, I’ll be back.” He whispered in her ear.

She walked into the bright house, and was taken back by what she saw. “Oh my gosh!” She couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Their new house was filled with classical, clack and white photos of their wedding, and more video frames. Her eyes quickly turned into bowls of water, and she clutching her heart. There were even some pictures from their honeymoon. Gerald must’ve sent them before they headed back. It seemed like a gallery of them in their own house.

Gerald arrived shortly, catching his wife teary-eyed. “Do you like it?” He set all their bags down and went to stand behind his wife.

“This is incredible.” She turned around, and stretched her neck so their foreheads were touching. “I love you so much!” She whispered.

“I love you,” he answered her, kissing the tip of her nose. “Now I’m really sorry to ruin the moment, but I have an interview tonight, and also a game tomorrow. Talk about jumping back in the game,” he laughed, kissing her forehead and then moving back towards their bag.

Kim nodded, wiping her eyes. “So who’s the interview with?”

“Ate Kris Aquino.” He responded.

“Teka, teka, you mean the real Kris Aquino; as in Boy and Kris, as in SNN Kris?” She followed Gerald into the bedroom, which had more pictures of them.

He chuckled at her, “Yes. So you better get dressed, because we need to be there in two hours.”

Kim went to the closet and opened the double doors. “I have absolutely nothing to wear!”

“What are you talking, we were constantly shopping on our honeymoon, may I say for you. If anything, I should be the one saying I have nothing to wear.”

Kim took out something from the closet, a classic Dolce high-waisted pencil skirt and white tank top. “I think I’m the most under-dressed wife there is on the earth.” She commented after putting it on, and doing her make-up.

“If I had anything to say, it’d had to be that you’re wearing too much clothing,” he , kissing her on the cheek.

She laughed, and put on her mascara. “So, what is this interview about? About the game tomorrow? I don’t remember seeing it on the schedule.”

“Maybe because the last time you saw my schedule was three weeks ago.” He wore a grey dress shirt and black pants. “Don’t worry babe, you’re not the only one who’s under-dressed. And it’s just a talk show, no need to go all out.”

“Right,” she sat on the bed, and put on her silver stilettos. “You’re not the one who is always under the eye of the fashion police.”

“No one is going to put you in handcuffs, unless it’s me,” he laughed.

So did she, “And so Officer Anderson, how do I look? Do I have to be taken downtown?” She played along.

He smiled, “I think I’m just going to write you a ticket for too much clothing.” He walked to her, and whispered in the ear, “I’ll deal with that later.” He kissed her, and guided her outside.

They arrived on the set with plenty of cameras flashing on them, and Gerald walked her to her seat.

The live show started a half-an hour later. “Welcome back! Today we have basketball cutie Gerald Anderson on the show!” There was pause for some applaud. “So Gerald, I hear you just got married, how’s married life treating you so far?”

He chuckled, and winked at his wife. “Well, being married for only three weeks, I don’t have much experience to truly judge it, but if it continues to go as well as it has for those three weeks, I am going to enjoy every second of it.”

“Now there was a lot of controversy for the wedding, for you and your wife to only knowing each other for less than a year, what do you have to say to all those sceptics?”

“Ate, when you got married with your husband, weren’t there a lot of those too? I mean being in the lime light will always cause controversy, and problems, but Kim and I stuck through it. We didn’t let people get in the way, its us first, and as for Kim, she is always going to be on my mind, instead of worrying about what the next tabloid is going to say.” He explained smiling.

‘Awww, you are so cute. You know, I’ve been familiar with Kim for awhile; I know a lot of athletes and they are very acquainted with Kim’s agency. So when I heard that one of Hot Zone’s finest was marrying one of basketball’s finest, I needed to see this couple.” She smiled. “Where is your lovely wife?”

The camera came onto Kim’s face, and she waved awkwardly.

“Kim was so excited to come and meet you. She was afraid she didn’t dress up to your standards.” Gerald laughed.

“Oh, I love what she’s wearing. It’s very classic and simple, makes her look very comfortable in her own skin.” She smiled. “So I heard that you two just got home from your honeymoon.” Kim’s eyes went on Kim again. “Kim, why not join us up here, and help your husband.”

Kim walked up and sat beside Gerald. “So how was your honeymoon? Did you enjoy it?”

“We’ve enjoyed every moment of it. Gerald made sure it was a memorable time,” she laughed.

So I think everyone wants to hear the story of getting engaged.” She persisted.

Gerald stared at Kim for her to tell the story. “Um, well it was about three months before the wedding. Um, we were actually babysitting for um his nephew and got caught in a rain storm. Um…we actually had a lot to drink, but we were still very conscious of what was going on,” she smiled. The audience laughed. “Um….we went outside and just stood under the rain for awhile. And then he asked me to marry him.”

So was the rain part of the plan or…?”

“It was raining the first time we said I love you,” Gerald explained. “So rain was definitely part of the plan.”

“How romantic. Before we take a break, I just wanted to ask a last question: where do the two of you see each other in five years from now?”

Gerald and Kim stared at each other smiling, “Well we see each other still happy, and smiling, not completely sick of each other, and three?”

“Three kids.” Kim finished. “We want a big family, all close to each other. Basically in five years, we see a happy family full of love and accomplished dreams.”

“Well, we can scratch mine, I found my dream,” Gerald said, kissing the side of her head.

“I love you guys, absolutely amazing. We’ll be back after a short break.” Kris announced.

After the interview, they went back home and spent the night together. Maybe this was the night for the last dream to come true.

Three months passed and Kim and Gerald were fully back to work. Kim was busy at work, constantly getting new clients and since Melissa was finally paternity leave, she had to take some slack off of her, therefore she spending late nights at the office, preparing parties, fundraisers, registration forms, setting up interviews, though she didn’t mind. It kept her mind off of having Gerald constantly going out of town for games and PR.

She was usually the last one in the office, and this night wasn’t any difference. It’s been three weeks since she’s heard from her husband, and she was missing him like crazy. She was finally finished her day, and relaxed in her chair. She looked at her desk, and they were filled with pictures of her and Gerald. She missed him so much.

Kim picked up the phone and dialled his cell phone, praying it wasn’t too late for him.

He picked up on the third ring. “Hey, babe.” He yawned.

“Hey,” she whispered. “Did I wake you?”

“No, of course not.” But when he groaned, she knew he was lying. “Okay, I was, but I’m awake now. Isn’t it like two in the morning there?”

She smiled, “Yeah, but I just got off work. I miss you.” She said, holding their wedding photo.

“I miss you, too, babe.” She could hear him walking, probably to an empty room. “What are you thinking about?”

“I’m wishing you’d come home soon.” She got all teary-eyed. “I’m tired of coming home to an empty house.” She chuckled.

“Babe, you know if I had to choose, I’d be there with you. But this is my job, you know?”

Kim nodded. “I know. I kind of got the memo when I married a pro-athlete. So how are your games? I’m sorry I didn’t get to watch, I’m really busy at work.”

“Well, we’ve won about six of them. Are you sure everything’s okay?”

“Yeah, I just want to hear your voice. I’ll let you go back to sleep. I love you.”

He smiled widely, he loved it when she said it to him. “I love you more, babe. Good night, okay? I’ll see you soon, I promise.”

“I’m holding you to it.” She giggled. She hung up the phone and sighed.

Kim picked up her bags and left the office, and got into her car. She didn’t want to go home just yet. Kim drove around in circles for about half and hour, revisiting the places that reminded her of Gerald. She missed him so much; she visited the park, and the restaurants they constantly went to, even to the stadium they played at constantly.

She arrived home at 3:00 and her body was exhausted. This was the longest she’s been away from Gerald and she never knew how much she missed him until now. The saying “distance makes the heart grow fonder” was definitely true in this situation.

She opened the door and slowly walked up the stairs to the bedroom. When she got there she paused in complete astonishment. There was a letter on the bed with a teddy bear wearing a shirt with KIMERALD stitched onto it. She laughed and hugged the pillow. Kim sat on the bed and held the letter in her hand, it had her name written with his hand writing.

“MY DEAREST WIFE,
“I HAD YOUR MOM BREAK INTO THE HOUSE WHEN YOU MISSED ME THE MOST AND PUT THESE ON THE BED FOR YOU.” Kim smiled. “I KNOW THAT BEING AWAY FROM EACH OTHER IS NOT YOUR IDEAL THING ABOUT BEING MY WIFE, BUT I PROMISE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND. WHENEVER I HAVE A HARD TIME WITH BEING AWAY, I ALWAYS CARRY A PICTURE OF YOU SO IT REMINDS ME OF WHY I’M DOING THIS: IT’S SO I CAN MAKE MONEY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.” She laughed. “SO I PUT A PICTURE OF ME IN THE ENVELOPE AND YOU CAN LOOK AT IT EVERYTIME YOU MISS ME.” She reached into the envelope and took out the photo. It was Gerald holding the bear in one hand and a sign in the other which read, “Always thinking of you” and he was frowning. Kim laughed. “SO BABE, DON’T BE SAD, BECAUSE THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME GOING IS YOU SMILING BACK AT HOME WAITING FOR ME. I LOVE YOU WITH MY WHOLE HEART. SEE YOU SOON.
LOVE,
GERALD.
P.S. TAKE CARE OF OUR KIMERALD (the bear).

She squeezed the bear in her arms and smiled. Now she was able to go to sleep, but she wanted to give Gerald another call. It would be around 7 in the morning there, and was sure he’d be awake, getting ready for practice.

“I’m going to assume you got the presents.” He greeted her.

Kim chuckled, “You know, if only you did that the first day you left, I wouldn’t have to call you.”

Gerald shrugged, “its okay. I love hearing your voice.”

“Well, I just wanted to call and say that I love the bear and the picture of you. You’re as handsome as ever.” I told him. “But I feel bad for my mother, what time did she wake up to do this?”

He laughed, “Don’t worry, your Mom said she’d love to do anything for you. Anyways, I have some news. I’m coming home much sooner than you expected.”

“What!?” Her face lit up. “When.”

“You can wait and see.”

“But won’t the team need you? I mean you still three more games scattered in the next week.”

“True, but that’s the advantage of being loved by all; you get to fake being sick and go home to your lovely wife who’s so depressed about you being gone.” He smiled.

Kim rolled her eyes, “I think you’re over thinking the admiration others have for you. Be careful, is there any more room in your head with your over-sized ego?” Kim heard someone calling the team. “Okay, so I guess you have to go. Thank you so much, babe. I can’t wait to see you. I love you.”

“Love you, baby.” He blew a kiss over the phone and then hung up.

Kim laid in bed with the bear in her arms, and was able to sleep like a baby for the first time since he left.

Three days passed, and she drove home from work during late evening. When she was there, she already sensed that someone was in her house, and heart skipped a beat in her chest. She ran to the door, and opened it.

At first she didn’t see anything, but then she saw his suitcases on the floor and heard something coming from upstairs. She ran upstairs and then started to walk at the top of the landing. Her breathing became short and then she was at the door which was partially closed. “Ge?” She called out, and when she opened the door, there he was standing by the window smiling at her. “Babe!” She ran into his arms and jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck and started kissing him endlessly.

He held onto her as if they’ve been separated for years. He never realized how much he missed her touch and her scent and feeling her in his arms. “You’re home!” She said when their lips parted for a moment, but soon found each other.

“Yeah, I couldn’t be away from my gorgeous wife one more day!” He said, holding her up.

“Do you know how much I love you?” She whispered.

He smiled and kissed her. “How about you show me?” He walked and then dropped her on the bed laughing.

TWO YEARS LATER

“Babe, come on we have to leave! They’re waiting for us!” Gerald called out to her.

“Two more minutes, I’m so sorry.” Kim was in their room dressing their first grown child. “Come on or else Daddy will be mad if we miss the opening.” She said tying their child, Ryan’s shoes.

She carried him downstairs, and there was Gerald in his dark blue suit standing there looking like a runway model. Kim put him down. “Why don’t you go into the car and we’ll be there in a second, huh, buddy?” Gerald patted him on the back and he ran outside.

Kim smiled at her husband. “You know, you’re a pretty good father.” She fixed his tie, straightening it.

He laughed, “Oh yeah? Well did you notice that I am well involved in his life?”

She nodded, “Yeah, it’s kind of…y.” Kim said, stretching her neck so she could reach his lips in a kiss.

He pulled her against his body and pressed his lips harder against her. “Mmm…” she moaned. And then she pushed him away. “No, if we keep going on like that, we’re never going to make it to the big opening, and this is really important to you…to us.” She gave him a quick peck on the lips and walked away from him, giving him one last look with a y smile.

Gerald watched her walk away from his slowly, swaying her hips. His eyes wandered from her tall gold heels, to her toned calves, moved onto her violet designer dress that hugged her curves, showing off her perfect assets. She looked like a goddess in that dress, and with her hair tied up in an elegant bun made her neck look absolutely irresistible. How did he become so damn lucky?

He followed her out there, and buckled his son in. Kim looking over at him in the rear view mirror smiling.

They arrived at the banquet that Kim planned for him. They greeted everyone, and dropped little Ryan off with the other kids at the party. They ate dinner with everyone coming up to them congratulating them for their success.

In the middle of the night, Gerald went up on stage, and Kim was standing with the audience holding their one-and-a-half son who looked so much like his father. “Good evening everyone. We’re here today to celebrate one of my many successes and a lifetime dream of mine. I remember when I was a kid and basketball was my life. There were some people who rejected the idea,” remembering his father, “but it was a life that I would never give up. Now fifteen years later, here I am living the life I’ve grown up having. But playing basketball was never the final goal of mine. I wanted to make a difference in the world, show people that dreams are achievable, that no matter what gets in the way, there is always a destination of your choice. Here I am tonight, on the big opening of the community centre that I dreamed of. It was when my wife,” everyone looked at Kim smiling, “told me almost three years ago that I could be someone bigger than a basketball celebrity. And I am living my dream.” He paused, and held out his hand. “Can I have my family join me up on stage.”

Kim carried herself and their son to the stage, and transferred Ryan from her arms to Gerald’s. “Ten, twenty years from now, I want my son to look back and know that his father didn’t just rely on his fame and fortune to give himself a name, but to be proud of what I’m doing now. I want to give my son – and all your kids – to have a place to escape from the real world just for a couple of hours. I want to let them know that no matter what happens, there will always be a place that’s not discriminating and will always welcome anyone with open arms. So thank you so much for celebrating this milestone with me and my family.” He raised his glass and drank to it. He kissed his son who had a big smile on his face and then kissed Kim.

She took the microphone from him. “Now on behalf of everyone in this room, I’d like to say that we are so proud of you, Gerald. And no matter what, we will always have your back and you have our continuous support. We love you. I love you, and we know that there is much more happiness in the future for you…especially since you’re living a life with me.” Everyone laughed. “But really, we love you, and we know this will be a huge success.” She kissed her husband and he mouthed ‘thank you.’

“Okay, one more thing, and this is for all the tabloids and journalists. Me and my wife have some news to share, and we thought that this would be a great opportunity to tell everyone. As my public empire and family continue to grow,” he smiled, “so is my personal empire and family. I’m happy to say that we are expecting.” He put a hand on Kim’s stomach. “And we couldn’t anymore happier and excited, and we’re just glad that all these blessings continue to come upon us.” Everyone cheered, and immediately camera bulbs went off.

The night went on with more congratulations their way. When their song came on with a request from Gerald himself, he took Kim’s hand and guided her to the dance floor. She laughed, and followed his lead. His arm went around her, touching the small of he back, and also supporting her arm which rested on his shoulder. His free hand holding hers close to them. “So, do you think tonight’s a success?” He asked her.

“Definitely. You got your dream fulfilled. I still remember the night you told me about this. I saw it in your eyes that you really wanted it to happen. And now it’s happening.”

“I thought you’d remember that night for something else,” his lip curved into a devious grin. That was also the night they first made love.

She laughed, she finally got used to the ual innuendoes. “Okay, anyways…I love you,” she sighed. “I didn’t know it would be possible to love someone this much. And now we have kids to prove it.”

He kissed her on the lips, “Looks like all our dreams are coming true. And I think I should say how good a job we did at making those kids. We did a hell of a job.” He said, staring at their son who was laughing and looking so happy.

“Do you think he’ll find someone like how I found you?” She asked.

“You found me? I hunted down the best publicity agency there was, so I think I should get the credit for finding you.” He kissed her cheeks.

She giggled at his touch. “Do you love me the same way you did when we met?” Her tone more serious now, like she needed to know that his love for her didn’t change.

He looked at her with the same seriousness. He sighed, “No.” Her eyes widened, fearing what else he would say. “I love you million times more. And that number will keep getting higher the longer we’re together and the more kids we have.”

She smiled, “Promise?”

“Always,” and this time, he kissed her differently. It was full of possibilities and love and the unpredictable future. This night would was just another night into their fairytale ending.