Part V

Twist Of Fate

 

 “Hey hyung, seriously, what’s wrong?” He asked me, looking right into my eyes

“Uh, uhm, I’ll go jog outside a little while.”

“Ya, Minho!” I ran out the dorm.

I ran wherever my feet brings me, not minding my growling stomach, I didn’t eat much earlier because I was thinking too much. I don’t know who can I ask help to, I can’t ask Key or Onew, they will probably hate me for liking a guy, especially with our dongsaeng, I asked Jonghyun hyung for help but I think he can’t help me with this. My stomach growled again, better not to mind it, I can take it as a punishment for being such a earlier.

I paused when I saw a swing in the park,

“Maybe a little bit of rest will be fine.” I talked to myself.

“Hey.” A girl talked.

“Wha-? Oh, uh. Uhm uh, h-hey”

“Any problem?”

“Uh, uhm uh, It’s nothing Sekyung.”

“Come on, spit it. I have problems too.”

“Why would you ask another one?”

“So that I won’t think of my own problem every time.”

“Oh?”

Maybe she can help, nah, she don’t look like it.

“Uhuh.”

“You first.” I said coolly.

She breathed deeply, coolly ofcourse “Well, here’s this one guy I like, and no it’s not you, don’t be too confident of yourself, you’re too tall, and you’re not my type.”

“I know, I know. You’re not my type too. Go on with your story.”

“My problem isn’t that big, I just like someone, that’s all. But I don’t want to like someone, it’s ruining my career because I’m over-thinking about it, if you’re watching those dramas which I’m the main character, you completely know me wrong, I’m opposite of what you see in TV, I hate dramas and those kind of emotions. I just find it gross. Those hugging and kissing and holding of hands, I hate it.”

I think she can help me.

“Mind telling me who you like?” I asked curiously.

“If you’re that curious, it’s your short legged friend.”

I knew it.

“You mean Jonghyun?”

“Yeah, none other.”

“He likes you too.”

“What?!”

“I said he likes you too. Do I have to repeat it? Huh?”

“WHAT? OHMYGOSH HE REALLY DO? I KNEW IT-“She stopped when she saw I’m glaring at her.

“Uh ahem, almost lost my cool there.” She tilted his head as if she was warming up and fixed her collared coat.

“You’re weird.”

“Now it’s your turn.”

“I’m not sure about this…” I said rubbing the back of my neck.

“You’re not fair to be with. Come on, I will treat you the same after you say your problem”

“O-okay, I like someone too, it’s not like your problem, I don’t really mind it when I like someone, normally, I would directly go to her and confess, but I’ve never thought I would like a guy-“

She looked at me holding her laugh.

“Hey! You said you will look at me the same as earlier! And ofcourse I won’t be the ‘girl’ in the relationship, he honestly looks like a girl when I first met him.”

“You like Ren in NU’EST?”

“Ofcourse no , I’ve never met him.”

“Oh… so it’s Taemin?”

“Uh, uhm uh well yeah, kind of”

“I honestly thought he was a girl when I first saw him too.”

“Uhm, uh, do you find it wrong to like someone with the same gender like you?”

“I’ve never experienced that but, I think there’s nothing wrong with that.”

“Keke, you talk like Jonghyun.”

“Continue your story.”

“Well, uh, what should I do?”

“Just act cool, like me, and accept that you like him. Admit it, you’re denying yourself right?”

“Uh, yeah, how’d you know?”

“Oh come on. I’m SHIN SEKYUNG.”

“So all I’m going to do is accept that I like him and act cool?”

“Obviously. Speaking of cool, it’s cold here and I’m hungry.”

“Me too.”

“Let’s have dinner together, and no this is not a date.”

“Ofcourse, come on, let’s celebrate for our solved problems yay!” I acted childishly.

“You have to treat me.”

“If I’ll treat you, then it’s a date. We’ll half the bill.”

“You’re cheap.”

“Come on, MY VIBRATING STOMACH IS VIBRATING.”

------

We ate dinner at the nearest restaurant we saw, and then talked about things and stuffs, including Jonghyun.

“He likes sweet girls and loves to watch romance dramas where you’re the main character, I think that’s the reason he liked you.” I said chewing the steak I’m eating.

“Oh, you mean he likes me because I act sweetly in TV? And we’re completely opposite? Thanks alot Minho.” She said crossing her arms.

“What, I’m going to lie to you and tell you he likes girls who talks like a man and always chews gums?”

“Do you want me to act in front of him so he will like me without a pay, oh come on. My talent fee is expensive.”

“Can we talk about something else? It’s boring when I talk about Jonghyun.”

“You mean let’s talk about you being gay?”

“I’m too handsome to be gay.”

“You really look like .”

“Keke, you really talk like Jonghyun.” I said with an accusing smile.

“Stop it!”  She said blushing.

“Admit it, you like him like hell right?”  I said still smiling.

*FLASH!*

“Oh, I think it’s going to rain anytime soon.”

“Finish your meal quickly.”

“Waiter! Our bill, please.”

----

We paid the bill, and walk out the restaurant. I headed back to our dorm while Sekyung headed the other way.

“I’m home.” I came back to our dorm

“Hey Minho, sit here, let’s talk.” Kibum told me.

“About what?” I acted cool just like Sekyung told me to.

“Sit.” Onew ordered.

“Ow-kay? After I change, I’m still sweaty-”

“Tell us what your problem is.” Onew cutted my sentence with a serious expression.

“What.” I answered like answering a guess-what question.

“You don’t have any problem?” Kibum asked me.

“I guess so.” I shrugged

“But what’s all those trembling and sweating of your hands when we talked that last night?”

Act cool and accept that you like him. ACT COOL.

“Maybe because it’s cold?” Yeah that’s right.

“Oh come on hyung, I know you have a problem.” He asked me worriedly.

“Stop acting weird guys. You’re freaking me out.” I demanded.

Jonghyun yawned, “I’m sleepy, if you’re looking for me I’m just in my room sleeping.”

“We haven’t ate dinner yet.”  Taemin splurted.

“I’ll cook for us.” Key participated.

I headed to my room to change, I’m still sweaty because I jogged back to our dorm. Wait, I didn’t cover my face. I wish no one recognized me. I have to admit it, Shin Sekyung is easy to be with, but she’s y when I talk to her sometimes. I think Jonghyun will like her for that eventually.

 

Key’s POV

 

“PLEAASE PLEASEPLEASE KIBUMMIE”

“Okay okay! Stop doing Aegyo Jinki, it doesn’t suit old ones like you.”

“Atleast I look younger than you.”

“Get your stupid chicken in the freezer so that I can cook it.”

“Keke thanks.”

I cooked chicken just like Onew asked, and a few Kimbap and Ramyun. I guess Minho doesn’t have a problem after all.

“Dinner is ready!” I yelled so that they can hear it.

No one moved.

“Do I have to repeat myself, or should I just throw this all?!”

“Yea-yeah, we’re coming.” Jonghyun said on his way to the dining table.

“Atlast! A real meal.” Taemin said while sitting at the table.

“Where’s Onew and Minho?”

“Here” Onew said out of nowhere, biting a chicken.

“Where’s Minho?”

“He said he ate dinner outside.” Onew mumbled.

“Hm, suspicious…” Jonghyun said thinking.

We ate dinner, as usual, Jinki and Jonghyun washed the dishes, while Taemin cleaned the table. After doing their businesses we watched movie together and then I showered and brushed my teeth to go ahead and sleep, I’m on my way to the bathroom when I heard someone talked.

“I’m kind of busy right now and I don’t think I can have time for that so…” He said while rubbing the back of his neck.

“Y-yeah, I’ll think about it.” He said hesitantly.

“Thank you so much for that offer but I’m afraid I may decline that, I-I mean-“he said professionally.

“Really?” He replied with excitement in his eyes.

“Well that helped me to choose quickly.” He said nodding.

“But I’ll still think about it.”

“Thanks again for the offer.”

He hanged up with worried look.

“Uh, h-hey, Kibum, didn’t know you were there.”

“Who was that?” I said angrily.

“Uh n-nothing, it’s nothing.”

“Oh come on Jinki.”

“It’s nothing Kibum r-really.”

“NOTHING?”

“I said it’s nothing Kibum, mind your own business. Why do you care?  Go ahead and shower. Call me if you’re done, I’ll shower too.” He said while glaring at me.

Yeah why do I care? Even if I’m his bestfriend, that isn’t an excuse to meddle. But it’s really suspicious, who was he talking to? What is the offer that made him that excited? Aish! Thinking too much makes wrinkles. Better not to mind it.

Onew’s POV

 

…… Should I accept the deal?