Part X

Twist Of Fate

 

After we cleaned the whole dorm, Jonghyun got straight to bed while I stared at the refrigerator the whole time thinking what to cook for dinner.

 

"Kibum?" Jonghyun passed by, seeing me blankly staring at nothing

 

"Hm?" I said still staring at nothing.

 

"What are you doing there?"

 

"Why are you awake?"

 

"Why are you answering me a question when I’m asking you one?"

 

"I'm thinking what to cook for dinner." I said still blankly.

 

"There's plenty of chicken here I guess." He opened the refrigerator.

 

"Yep. I know. I just don't want to eat chicken." I replied

 

"Just cook it, Onew hyung will be fine for that." He said after taking a gulp of water.

 

"If you want then cook for yourself." I stood.

 

"Okay." He said grabbing the pan.

 

"Cook rice and remember not to overcook the chicken." I told him on my way out the kitchen.

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

"GOOALL!" Taemin's sudden shout woke me up. I tried sleeping back but the noise was too disturbing.

 

I stood up from my bed, deciding to take a glass of water. I passed by the kitchen seeing Kibum sitting at the dining chair while staring at the thin air, is he really like this when Onew hyung isn't around? 

 

"Kibum?" 

 

"Hm?" He said without even looking at me.

 

"What are you doing there?" I asked.

 

"Why are you awake?"

 

"Why are you answering me a question when I’m asking you one?"

 

"I'm thinking what to cook for dinner." Surprising, he usually doesn't give up with an argument without him winning.

 

"There's plenty of chicken here I guess." I opened the refrigerator.

 

"Yep. I know. I just don't want to eat chicken." He blankly replied.

 

"Just cook it. Onew hyung will be fine for that." I said after taking a gulp of water.

 

"If you want then cook for yourself." He stood.

 

"Okay."

 

"Cook rice and remember not to overcook the chicken." He said on his way out.

 

I cooked dinner like Kibum told me so, I called Taemin, it took a little while to convince him to eat dinner, but I somehow dealed with it. Minho arrived eventually after his photoshoot. Then I called Kibum, I peeked in his room, seeing him staring at his phone ringing without picking up the call.

 

"Hey Key, dinner."

 

"Hm? ugh, yeah,"

 

"Why don't you pick up that call?"

 

"Nah, it's nothing. Don't mind it."

 

"Come on, don't worry, I didn't overcook the chicken."

 

"Yeah, thanks." I find it odd when he's not y. But I kind of like it when he's being nice to me.

 

-------

 

"Hyung?" Taemin looked at Kibum.

 

"Hm?" He said snapping out.

 

"There's a fly on your plate." Minho shrugged.

 

"Oh," He said awkwardly.

 

"Why aren't you eating?" I asked Kibum worriedly.

 

"Ugh, I'm not hungry anymore." he stood.

 

"But earlier you sai-" Taemin was cutted when Kibum slammed his chair to the table.

 

"Sorry"

 

Key's POV

 

I directly got into my room, lied in my bed, lots of things are running in my head, thought about stuffs and things.

I peeked at my watch, 10:25, I didn't realize I’ve been lying there for almost three hours. I decided to take a shower, a cold one, to free myself from thinking too much. After taking a shower, I putted on my pajamas and the airconditioner to warm myself. I buried myself of thick blankets because one isn't enough to warm me from the cold shower I took earlier.

I remembered when Jinki always reminds me not to take cold showers because I’ll get sick. Like the last time, when we were still around 14, my lips and face was so pale, I got cold and coughed a couple of times. He was about to bring me to the hospital and I convinced him not to mind it, I even dared not cook chicken anymore if he won't stop worrying, then he chuckled and told me how can I joke like that in my situation. At the end, I convinced him, he agreed and just put a four layered blanket and snuggle up with me to keep me warm. Its 11:30, without hesitation, I stood and got into Onew hyung's room.

 

I don't even know why.

 

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

 

 

Why can't I sleep?! I shouldn't have slept earlier. I glanced at the wall clock, 11:31.

 

The door slowly opened, revealing a pale looking Kibum wrapped in a thick blanket. He lifelessly laid down at Onew hyung's bed, at first I thought he fainted but he spoke.

 

"Hyung... can you close the door please" He pleaded.

 

I stood up from my bed and gently closed the door.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yea,”

 

“You don’t look like it.”

 

“I just need a peaceful sleep hyung. Now if you want me to be fine, stop your mouth from speaking.”

 

I obeyed him, I’m not in the mood to argue with someone right now.

 

I checked my phone, I got a text from Sekyung. Wow, I didn’t think of her today, normally I would imagine things and squeal like a fangirl when I get a simple hi from her.

 

From: Shin Sekyung
Hi^^

 

I smiled.

 

To: Shin Sekyung
Hello^^ How’d you get my number?

 

I waited a little while,

 

From: Shin Sekyung
Minho gave it to me. How about you? Where did you get mine?

 

To: Shin Sekyung
I sneaked Key’s phone Keke.

 

Key’s POV

 

I slammed myself to the first bed I see. I forgot to close the door, Aish. I’m too tired to get up.

 

“Hyung… Can you close the door please” I know Jonghyun is still awake.

 

He obeyed me without hesitation.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yea,”

 

“You don’t look like it.”

 

“I just need a peaceful sleep hyung. Now if you want me to be fine, stop your mouth from speaking.”

 

Wow, he didn’t argue. He lied in his bed smiling like an idiot while tapping his phone, texting Sekyung I guess.

 

“Yah, lend me your headphones.”

 

“Beg for it.”

 

“Never.”

 

“Whatever. I’m easy to talk with.”

 

“I’ll go get it myself.”

 

“If you find it.”

 

“Found it.”

 

“How did you-“

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

“How did you-“

 

He slipped. Or fainted,

I sat up to help him get up.

 

“Stay there. Don’t mind me, I just slipped.”

 

“Aish, why are you so careless? Let me help you get up.”

 

“I said it’s nothing hyung.”

 

I helped him stood up and sat in Onew hyung’s bed.

His head bowed avoiding my gaze.

 

“Go back to your bed.” He told me.

I held his chin to look up and inspected his face. I tested his forehead from the back of my hand.

“You’re sick. And you didn’t eat dinner. Why is your hair a little damp? You took a shower, didn’t you?”

 

I sighed in anger.

“Stay there.”

 

“Hyung I told you I-“

 

“Stay there!”

 

His body jerked once, oh God I scared him.

 

“Stay there; I’ll go get your medicine.”

I got inside Kibum’s room, grabbed his medicine kit. I saw his wallet lying open in his desk with pictures scattered everywhere. Eversince they were innocent kids until trainees, highschoolers, debut days, and everytime we get an award, there is always a Polaroid of him with Jinki hyung together. They looked happy, no wonder Kibum is so upset right now.

*Flashback*

After Minho and Taemin scolded us, we cleaned the whole dorm. I spent the rest of the day sleeping. Normally, I would daydream about Shin Sekyung, was I that blind? Aish let me just sleep.

*Incoming Call*

“Jonghyun?”

“Onew hyung?”

“Is everything fine there?”

“I guess so? Oh! Kibum is acting weird.”

“Oh, I was just trying to clear everything.”

“Hyung, I heard your uh… Your aunt uh…”

“Yes Jonghyun, don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Be worried at Kibum instead.”

“What?”

“Don’t let him skip a single meal and take a cold shower.”

“Why?”

“Take care of Kibum while I’m not around okay?”

“But why?”

“Promise me.”

“Y-yeah, sure hyung.”

*Hanged up*

*End of Flashback*

“Drink this.”

He drank the medicine and immediately lied on his bed.

I stood up and lied back to my bed, not leaving my eye on Kibum so that I can still keep my promise to Onew hyung even in a small distance. Yep, I don’t break promises. I’m a loyal man.

It seems like he couldn’t be comfortable in one place, later on he managed to be still. His back facing me, I think he’s asleep.

 I stood up and decided to sleep beside him.

 I like this side of him, his soft side.

“Jinki hyung?” He said sleepily.

He sighed in disappointment finding me instead of Jinki hyung beside him. His eyes are swollen with reddy nose.

“Are you crying?”

“No.”

“Why did you cry?”

“I didn’t”

“Don’t lie.”

“I’m not.”

*Phone ringing.*

“Ignore it.”

I grabbed his phone under the pillow, who is this guy he have been ignoring since earlier?

*Incoming Call*
From: Younggahm

I believe this is Jinki, Kibum teases him with these names.

I slid my thumb to the screen accepting the call.

Kibum? Thank God you picked up. Key? Are you still angry at me? Look, I didn’t accept that deal okay? I won’t accept it until you tell me to. Hey Kibum, talk to me please. Kibu-“

He snatched the phone and turned it off.

“Why are you butting in with my businesses?! Why do you care?!”

“Why don’t you talk to him?”

“Why would I?! Why would I talk to someone who left without a single word and turned his back to me to be a damn stupid soloist?! Now tell me! Why would I?!”

“Hey Kibum, listen to me. He won’t do that to us, he will never do that to us, especially to you.”

His angry eyes turned into a teary one.

“You know nothing.” He said with angry and teary eyes, trying not to burst out in tears.

“I observe everything in this dorm. I know every single thing.” I explained every single detail in my sentence.

“What do you think you are a God or something?! Why do you care?! You’re not even a friend! Do you know how badly he wants to be a soloist and have his own concert?! Yes! He is that selfish to give up everything even us! Do you even know anything?! Do you know he almost peed in his pants during audition?! Were you there when he lost in a singing contest?! Where were you whe-“

He didn’t finish his sentence when I hugged him tightly, enough for him to breathe. He protested at first but later on, he cried in my shoulders, rocking him back and forth to calm him. The only way to calm him down was letting him cry every burden in him. My shirt is soaked in his tears with unstoppable sobbing.

I felt his sobbing stopped. I looked at him, he’s asleep.

I putted him down from his upright sitting position to lying down comfortably facing me.

I inspected every features of his face, believe me, I thought he was prettier than Taemin when I first saw him. I also thought he and Jinki were together when we were still trainees, they always stick to each other. Whenever Kibum was having troubles with his vocals, Jinki was there to help him out. Kibum returned the favor by helping Jinki with his dancing problems especially with his sangtae.

I’m glad Onew hyung trusted me in taking care of Kibum. I don’t know why I feel happy in taking care of him even if I know it won’t be easy for me.

It felt so right compared to my best decisions,

I feel so right.

 


A/N: A JongKey chapter yayy! I know it's too dramatic but, yeah, I had a hard time writing this and, don't worry, i'll try to update daily. 

 

                      2min for youu  
                      

                                    


                                  

Taemin's reaction when SHINee hyungs visited him on WGM



                                  


Pretty Taem :)

I love these guys btw

                         
   
                           

                                 

                                                 

                                    


                                

                           

                                 

                                               

                                    

                                          

See you in the next chapter~~~