Part II

Twist Of Fate

 

 

“C-can I sleep there tonight?”

“Sure”

“I-I think I’m sick.”

I hanged up and hurriedly shuffled up the bed and grabbed the nearest jacket I see, I know I’m over-reacting but Kibum gets worse when he’s sick.

*knock knock*

“C-come in”

I walked in Kibum’s room and checked his forehead with the back of my hand without saying a word.

“You can breathe now”

I breathed just like he instructed, and the freshener doesn’t smell like the one I hate, it smells powdery and gentler.

“You changed your freshener?”

“Y-yeah, I changed it after you said you hate it.”

“Hey, I didn’t tell you to change it and is this the reason why you’re sick? “

“And how the hell does the freshener makes me sick? I don’t know, after I sprayed it I sneezed and I got cold and then you called me”

“You’re sick and you’re freezing, come on, my room is warmer. Put these on.”

“These are not my style.”

“Shut your mouth up and just come with me pabo.”

“O-okay.”

 

Key's POV

 

We’re on our way to Jinki’s room. I hear thunders again and I just want to curl up in a silent corner and cover my ears to avoid the loud noises the thunder makes.

I felt Onew’s arm around my shoulders and shoved me closer to him, rubbing his hands up and down my shoulders, reassuring me that I’m going to be okay. I looked up to him, why is he even taller than me?

“It’s okay Kibum.” Jinki said with a soft smile.

“Thanks hyung.”

“No problem.”

We reached in his room with Jonghyun sleeping. Or maybe not, Jonghyun really fails when it comes to faking. To be honest, he’s cute when he does that.

I removed the jacket Jinki gave me.

“It’s as warm as my room Jinki.”

“It’s warmer when you have someone to sleep with.”

 Onew handed me the medicine and water then assisted me in lying down.

 

Onew's POV

 

Kibum is lying in my bed still sick and the rain and thunders still didn’t stop. Of course I won’t sleep until Kibum is sleeping. His back is facing me and I know exactly that he is scared, so I spooned him and hugged him from his back. He didn’t protest when I did that, in fact he snuggled even closer to me.

 “Onew-hyung?”

“Hm?”

“Oh, I thought you were sleeping.”

“Not until you do.”

“Thanks.”

“Stop doing that, it scares me.”

“thanksthanksthanksthankstha-“

He stopped when a loud thunder strucked

“You’re welcome Key.” He snuggled more closely to me.

---------

“WAKE UP SLEEPYHEADS, PPALI! OUR SCHEDULE IS EARLY GUYS SO GET UP NOW.”

I woke up with Key still close to me.

“Hey Kibum, wake up. Still sick?”

“My head hurts.”

“Take your medicine; I’m sure you’ll be okay”

“I think so.”

“Here, I have some.”

“Okay, by the way why didn’t you tell me that you like Sekyung?”

“Well, that’s because- WHAT?!! I’m not!”

Key replied with a wide smirk.

“Hey! I’m not really the one who likes her!! I-I mean-“

Key replied again with a wider smirk.

“Oooh, you’re really grown up Jinki, I’ve raised you very well. And where did you get these great pictures? That one’s gorgeous.”

“HEY KEY SERIOUSLY, IT’S JONGHYUN WHO LIKES HER!”

“Okay. Whatever you say.”

“KIBUM!!”

“Hey you two, could you please minimize your voice a little? The neighbors are still sleeping”

“Jonghyun, I heard you like my friend Sekyung.”

“H-how did you know?!!

“Duh, her pictures are everywhere in this room.”

“Y-yeah”

“Do you want me to tell her?”

“N-no please Key I’ll do everything j-just not that, please!”

“EVERYTHING?”

“EVERY SINGLE THING KEY J-JUST PLEASE...”

“Keke, okay”

“So, what do you want me to do?”

“Nothing.”

“W-what?”

“You heard me Jonghyun.”

“……”

“Breakfast!” Minho half-yelled through the dorm.

“I didn’t know you cook Minho.” I blabbered on my way to the kitchen.

 

Minho's POV

 

“Hey Minnie, wake up our schedule is early today.”

He just hummed in response, cute.

“5 more minutes hyung”

“Get up Taemin, now.”

“Wake up Jonghyun-hyung first.”

“Okay, when I get back you should be up already.”

He mumbled something, I didn’t clearly hear it.

I entered their shared bedroom with Onew-hyung, to my surprise, Kibum is there with Onew hugging him from the back, Kibum looked sick.

“I’ve never met another guy who puts pictures of her crush around his room except you Jonghyun.”

I don’t really want Jonghyun to be angry with me but he’s just too pathetic for a guy to be obsessed of a girl, in fact, I’m the reason why he had 3 girlfriends. He just stares at his phone whether to text her or not but I always find ways to make him close to her. Yeah you’re right. I volunteered to be Shin Sekyung’s pair for that drama, I didn’t really mean to make Jonghyun jealous, it’s just that I want to set them up and stop him from his imagination world and make it real. I think Shin Sekyung likes Jonghyun too.

“Hey, come on Jonghyun, wake up.”

“What time is it?” he said sleepily.

“It’s quarter to 7”

“Well you should be smart enough to realize that it’s TOO EARLY MINHO.”

“That’s because I’m going to COOK BREAKFAST for you all.”

“I don’t even trust you when it comes to food.”

“I don’t trust you either, so get up there and wake these two up.”

“Yeah yeah whatever.”

“You two, you heard Minho right?” he tilted his head to see Kibum and Jinki.

“They’re sleeping , wake them up. I’ll cook breakfast.”

Jonghyun's POV

 

“WAKE UP SLEEPYHEADS, PPALI! OUR SCHEDULE IS EARLY GUYS SO GET UP NOW.”

I shouted to wake them up quickly.

As usual, I checked my phone for texts and replied at them, then checked my songs if it’s still there, who knows, maybe a monster sneaked at my phone and steal all my precious songs. Yeah, I know I’m weird. Deal with it.

Kibum and Jinki are shouting at each other again. What I remember last night was those loveydoveys are too sweet last night and now they’re yelling at each other again. I guess I’m not the only weird one here.

“KIBUM!!” Jinki yelled at Key.

“Hey you two, could you please minimize your voice a little? The neighbors are still sleeping”

“Jonghyun, I heard you like my friend Sekyung.” Key told me smirking.

“H-how did you know?!!

“Duh, her pictures are everywhere in this room.”

“Y-yeah”

“Do you want me to tell her?”

OHGODNOPLEASENONONOPLEASE I’LL SCREW UP TALKING TO HER.

“N-no please Key I’ll do everything j-just not that, please!”

“EVERYTHING?”

“EVERY SINGLE THING KEY J-JUST PLEASE...”

“keke, okay”

“So, what do you want me to do?”

“Nothing.”

“W-what?”

“You heard me Jonghyun.”

“……”

Weird, I thought Key was going to make me his servant or whatever. I know I must thank God he didn’t do that but I it scares me more. Sometimes Key is just so scary.

“Breakfast!”  My soul nearly separated from my body on how loud Minho was.

“I didn’t know you cook Minho.” Onew blabbered on his way to the kitchen.

We are all settled in the table, they are eating but I dared not to touch my plate.

“I don’t really trust you with this Minho” I said while staring at Minho.

“Hey Jonghyun you have to eat or else you’ll starve and get sick and throw up in the middle of our performance like last time” Taemin ordered.

“Remember, I’m only eating this because Taemin said so.” I said still glaring at Minho.

“Are you really that mad at me? Huh?”

“Obviously, yes.”

“I know you know what I’m doing right?”

“Wait….. It can’t be it, right?”

He chuckled; Oh, I know him too much.

I’ll screw up again like that last time

*Flashback*

“Hey, uh, hi Jessica” DONTSCREWUPJONG ING HYUN NOTNOW.

“Oh, hey Jonghyun. Didn’t know you were there.”

“I uh, How you doin’?” OHMYGOSH STOP BEING SO PRETTY, PLEASE

“…uh, fine I guess?” OH I WAS SO WEIRD AGAIN RIGHT? IWISH I DIDN’T SCARE HER PLS.

“So, uh, why are you here?”

“Well, you texted me using Minho’s number”

WHAT!!! I’M GOING TO KILL THAT BIG EYED ING FROG.

“W-what did I say?”

“Uh, you just invited me dinner, nothing more.”

“O-oh, yeah I was inviting you to dinner, W-where do you want to eat?”

“Anywhere you like, I’m good.”

“O-okay, I think I know a restaurant here somewhere”

“You okay?”

“Y-yeah.”

End of flashback…

Well that wasn’t bad enough, we ended up being together, just for 2 months I think. My wallet nearly cried a river when we were together.

“In the car in 5 minutes, schedules are early today” our manager announced.

Onew's POV

 

I was expecting Kibum to make Jonghyun his slave or something, strange.

“Hey Key-“

“Yeayeah, I know hyung. That guy is too pathetic to be my slave.”

“Whatever Kibum.”

The day is the same like yesterday, we rehearsed, then performed and did a fansigning event. And performed again. Minho was dismissed earlier today for filming.

 

Minho's POV

 

I was dismissed earlier today so that I won’t be late again for dinner. We started filming the drama, the scene was a little awkward. Sekyung’s going to slap me and then I was going to cry then beg her to not leave me then she will run away and then I ‘m going to find her everywhere while crying. GROSS. TOO CHEESY. YUCK. I knew I shouldn’t have volunteered, but I still did for the sake of my friend. FOR THE SAKE OF MY STUPID BEST DAMN FRIEND.

“Hey, you nervous?” Sekyung splurted coolly, too cool to be said by a girl.

“No, not actually” I said trying to be cool too.

“Good, you know what, that director is so gay, too dramatic for a drama. Right?”

“Yeah, how can I cry that much while running? I’m sure I’ll be dehydrated.  I shouldn’t have volunteered.”

“I shouldn’t have accepted the deal too.”

“READY IN 3… 2… “Aish, stupid director.