Part XII

Twist Of Fate

Minho's POV

 

"Minho, can you carry Kibum to his room?"

"Why would I?"

"Because I asked you nicely?"

"Can't you let him sleep there?"

"Yes. Now carry him to his room."

"No way."

"I'm ordering you as your hyung Minho. Jinki hyung isn't around, i'm the eldest one here. So don't answer me like that."

"Fine."

"Carry him. He's sick."

"Okay."

 

"Where are you going?"

"I'm taking Kibum's place in a radio show.

"Why would you take his place?"

"I asked myeongshik hyung to cancel his schedules. This one couldn't be moved easily."

"Why is he sick? He looks healthy though. Unlike Taemin, he doesn't get sick this easily."

"It's because he doesn't care about his health. Jinki takes the responsibilities for Kibum. He is just so careless."

"Oh?"

"I have to go, I'll be home around 3 to 4. Don't let him skip a single meal."

"Aish."

"Now carry him to his room, I'll blame you if he's still sick tomorrow."

"Aishh."

 

Jonghyun hyung left the dorm eventually while Taemin is in the kitchen eating breakfast. I'm hungry too, I'll do this later."

"Hey Minnie, what's for breakfast?"

"Food. Duh."

"I asked what kind of food. Duh."

"Hm,"

"I ate pancakes, sandwich, a piece of bread, bacon which Jonghyun hyung cooked, drank hot chocolate, and now i'm eating cereal."

"Wow. It's impossible for you to have abs. That makes you fat."

"It says here in the box of cereal that this is... Energy booster... Protein... and Oh! Less sugar."

"Keke, I suddenly craved for that."

"Here, get it until I eat it."

I grabbed the  box, poured hot milk and cereal in the box.

"Ya hyung, is Key sick again?"

"Yea, what a baby."

"You're mean. I was planning in telling him about Onew hyung. What if we tell him?"

"I was planning to tell him too."

"Can you tell him? He doesn't listen to me. I kind of pity him with this situation."

"He doesn't listen to anybody at all, except to Jinki. But don't worry, I'll try"

"Thanks hyung, Oh the time. I forgot. I have to get going. Bye hyung."

"Uh, yeah, bye"

"Thanks again."

 

After I finished my breakfast, I turned back to Jonghyun and Jinki hyung's room.

I saw Kibum lifelessly lying  on Jijnki hyung's bed. He looks so sick and weak.

I inserted my arms under his upper back and knees, expecting to carry a heavy weight. My pull was too strong thet he bounced up a little. I think that was not my  pull that made him bounce, I think he's lighter than he used to.

I looked at him, eyebrows squinted by the sudden act of carrying him and mumbled something.

I carried him to his room, laid him down comfortably, and covered half of his body with a blanket.

I sat down at his desk, raised my feet to rest a little bit. Kibum doesn't move. I guess he's too weak to move around.

I'm bored.

I grabbed my PSP in my pocket and played with it.

Don't be surprised. I'm a gamer.

That's a gamer's habbit.

Kibum woke up. Squinting his eyes because of the sunlight, blinking repeatedly.

"Your awake."

"What do you want."

"What do you mean what I want, I just carried you back here in your room."

"Who told you to?"

"Jonghyun . I don't want to carry you because you're heavy but he looks serious when he asked me to. You know, when he gets too serious that his nostrils will turn too big."

"Could you like, get out of here?"

" 'Could you like get out of here' , my is more goodlooking than your face." He immitated.

"GET OUT!"

"Without even thanking me?"

"Without even thanking you."

"Ke."

"What time is it- Oh , I'm late."

"Jonghyun pleaded Myeongshik hyung to cancel all your schedules today."

"What? by the way, where is he?"

"Taking your place on a radio show, manager said you can't be excused."

"Oh,"

He's spacing out again for a couple of minutes.

"Kibum?"

"Hm?"

"You're spacing out again."

"Uh, yeah,"

"I know you're hungry. I cooked enough for us two," Minho chuckled.

"Why don't you make it enough for three? I'm too hungry."

"Then I won't eat."

"I was kidding Minho"

"Your face is too serious, I couldn't take it as a joke"

"Yea-yeah. Watch out if I'm not sick anymore. I'll rip that off you and stick it to your face."

"Do I have to carry you again to the kitchen?"

"My feet is meant to walk, idiot."

"Come on, get up there while I'm still nice."

-----

I stared at him, not caring if I look scary.

"Am I too goodlooking?" Kibum asked mouthful.

"Did you put poison in this?" He added.

"Stop staring at me!" Kibum yelled at me.

He's about to spit the food out his mouth when I talked creepily,

"Why are you acting weird when Onew hyung isn't around." It didn't sound like a question, it turned out to be an accusation.

I leaned forward, while he leaned back preventing my gaze. He chewed and blinked once, ignoring my accusation question.

"You really don't know what happened to him... Ah, I see."

"What do you mean?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing really important." I said stretching my arms.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." I said on my way to the couch.

"What? What business did he do in Japan?" He asked curiosly.

"What business? Nah, he didn't go there for some useless business."I lifted up my feet to the cofee table

"What language are you using that I don't even understand you?"

"This is a smart talk Kibum." I boastfully bragged.

"Oh, Ain't no got time for that bighead."

"Hmm, the problem is you figure things out the wrong way. You try to annalize the whole situation by yourself without even consulting someone and conforming if you're thinking it right. You find yourself always right. I feel bad for you Kibum."

"Excuse me?"

"I think you should feel bad for yourself too. You should think about it. Think about it slooowly going." 

"Your point?"

"Simple. There's this deaf guy I had a conversation with."

I raised a brow.

"Uhuh, I did."

"How? You're kidding right?"

"I'm completely serious."

"And you're trying to say what?"

"I had a conversation, I don't even know how to do that sign language thingy."

"How?"

"He tried his best to understand what I said. He listens by his eyes and reads my mouth eagerly. The point is, you don't listen to anybody. You're too full of yourself, too confident to be wrong."

"Excuse me? Are you lecturing me?"

"That. That's what I'm talking about. If you look at it, we're complletely equal. We have the same age, both members of a boyband, equal income, but you're treating me like no one. See? Even if you're smarter than me at times, at least, someone is lecturing you when Jinki hyung isn't around."

 

"And let me tell you this, Jinki hyung didn't leave for some business in Japan."

 

"His aunt died."

 

A/N: An update yayy!

 

MY NOTES.

THIS IS HOW I LOOK AT IT.

When the test started

15 minutes left

Then everybody gets their ruler and I don't know why

Then the time is up

OH GOD LEMME HAVE THOSE MIRACLES

WAITED HALF AN HOUR

THEN GUESS WHAT

I PASSED

TELL ME I'M DREAMING

ME AND MY FRIEND

I SURVIVED OTL