Part 8

You're... My Destiny?

            Effie drank the warm tea that made by Eli. They were just talking about their marriage plan. "So, you want to agree it, oppa?" she asked to be sure.

            Eli nodded. "What can I do? My mom keep forcing me to agree it. I have no choice. But, you will you marry me, right?"

            "It depends on you," Effie replied.

            Eli frowned. "What do you mean?"

            Effie was silent, staring at Eli with a serious look. "You want to marry me because of your mother? You're forced to marry me?"

            "Ah! About it? You're afraid that if I married you because I had to?" asked Eli. He grinned at her, then slowly rubbed her hair. "At first, before I know that you are my bride, I did feel forced. However, I'm just happy now. You know why? Because you’re my bride and I love you. Love you so much, Effie yah."

            Effie’s heart was pounding when she heard Eli's answer. Her cheeks flushed. However, she tried hard not to look too happy when look back at Eli. "Do you really love me? Love me so much?” she repeated firmly, then Eli nodded to answer it. "If you love me, love me so much, why you broke up our relationship?"

            Eli's face suddenly hardened. Actually, he did not want to remember those moments again. He was very sorry to have dumped her. "I was so stupid at that time, Effie yah. I didn’t know how valueable you are for me after I left you. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry..." he replied. "Do you want to forgive this foolish man?"

            Effie did not directly answer. As if she was looking for the sincerity of his eyes. Finally, she nodded slowly. "I want to forgive you on one condition!" she said, surprising Eli.

            "Oh? Okay... I know I deserve it," Eli said with a sad face. He already knew, would not be easy to get an apology from her. "Just tell me what is it. I'll do it."

            "Ok," said Effie as she set her tea cup on the table. "The condition is... you have to love me," she said with a big smile on her lips.

            Eli stared at Effie in disbelief. Then, he chuckled and immediately hugged her tightly. "I'll do it! As I told you," he replied in a whisper in Effie’s ear. "That means you're going to marry me, right?" asked him again.

            "Yes, I will," replied Effie in Eli's arms. "But, we have to discuss it with my agency. They must have been shocked after hearing this," she continued, then release herself from Eli. "I have to go home, oppa. I still have some business tomorrow. All day long. And you have to take a rest too."

            "You know, you're allowed to stay overnight here," said Eli. "You're sleeping in my room and I'm going to sleep here," he said while patting the couch.

            "But…"

            "Come on, just feel it like in your own home. Ok?"

 

***

 

            Eli smiled while lying on the couch. His heart was very happy that night. Nothing yet, he had to imagine how the atmosphere of their wedding day, what clothes they wear, their house, their kids... Wait! Kids? Ya! You're too far away to imagine, Eli yah! he thought as he blushed. He was about to fall asleep, dreaming of it all until he heard the sound of his apartment bell rang. Who came in the middle of the night like this?! He thought irritably, walking down from the couch.

            Just as he was about to step, the bedroom door was opened. He saw Effie looked at him anxiously. "Is she your mother?" she asked.

            "I guess not. My mother is at Hannah nuna’s home and she will go home tomorrow night," Eli replied. "Take it easy. you just go back to sleep. Let me meet our guest."

            Effie agreed and went back into Eli's room and closed the door. Eli walked to the door of his apartment and immediately opened it. He was very surprised at the figure that stood up in front of him.

            "Eli yah..." called the guest. His condition was chaotic. And a very pungent smell came from his body.

            "Kevin ah, are you drunk?" asked Eli. Kevin has not answered it due to he fell and luckily Eli immediately arrested him. He brought Kevin into his apartment. "Kevin ah... what's wrong with you?" he asked again after Kevin lay down on the couch where he fell asleep.

            "Eli yah..." Kevin called his name again with his eyes closed. "You... can not... marry her..." he continued. "You should marry another girl, except her!"

            "Kevin ah, you're drunk. You..."

            "No!" Kevin suddenly sat up from his sleep. With weak eyes, he looked at Eli. Then, he dropped his head into Eli’s chest. "I don’t want to see you with her, Eli yah... I love you..." he said.

            "But, I... and you have to…"

            Eli could not finish his word because Kevin kissed his lips passionately. Eli tried to break the kiss, but Kevin continued to hold him thightly. He began to worry about the possibility of Effie will see them kissing. Effie never know that they were ever dating. "Let go of me, Kevin ah... I beg you..." he pleaded, but at that time he moaned. He could not deny the pleasure that given by Kevin’s kiss.

            "You're even still enjoy my lips, huh?" asked Kevin hapily, then lowered his lips to Eli's necks. Then, he tried to take off Eli’s shirt.

            "Please, Kevin ah, stop it..." Eli pleaded again, prevent Kevin’s hand from his shirt. "Effie is staying here."

            Eli’s words were making him surprised. Then, Kevin stared in the direction of Eli’s room. Without expected, he saw Effie was standing in the doorway. Surprised to see them. "Oh, hi, Effie yah!" he said to her, making Eli surprised.

            Eli turned around to stare at Effie immediately. He was really feeling guilty at all to her. "E-Effie yah... I... I can explain everything..."

            Effie was silent, and then came back into the room, closed and locked the door.

 

***

 

            Three o'clock in the morning when Effie was getting ready to go home. She could not sleep at all on the rest of the night. Her mood was very chaotic.

            You... can not... marry her...

            I donwant to see you with her, Eli yah... I love you...

            Kevin words were hitting back in her ears. And the scene when Kevin and Eli were kissing made her sick. Effie needed to go home to calm down her mind. Slowly, she opened the door. As much as possible he did not want to make any noise. Effie was stunned when she saw that Eli was asleep in the front door, blocking her path. Effie’s heart suddenly felt sad. What should I do, oppa? she thought. However, Effie stepped remains, bypassing the body of Eli.

            Without expected, Eli immediately to prevent the departure of the girl by pulling her hand. "Please don’t go..." he said with a pleading face.

            "Don’t be silly, oppa," Effie said in a whisper. Her eyes glanced toward the couch, where Kevin was asleep. She did not want to wake him up. "I told you that I have some business today. I have to go now to get ready."

            "At least you should listen to my explanation first. After that, you may go."

            Effie shook her head, refusing it.

            "Then, I’ll take you to your apartment, ok?"

            "No need. I could go there alone. Or I could ask Jungwoon oppa to pick me up," Effie refused him again. "Besides, I don’t want you to leave Kevin oppa alone here when he awakes."

            "Are you mad at me?"

            "Not."

            "Then, why do you always refuse me? Tell me the truth, are you're angry?"

            "Oppa, listen!" said Effie, sounded frustration. All that she wanted at that moment was staying away from Eli, and Kevin. "I'll go home by myself. You don’t have to worry about me, ok? And oppa... we should think again about our marriage plan before either of us regret it."

            "Regret it? But..."

            Effie cutting Eli’s words with hug. Her eyes glazed and ready to cry. But, she did not want to look weak in front of him so she hold the tears back. "Bye, oppa!" she said, then walked out of the apartment without looking at Eli again.

 

***

-To Be Continued-