Part 12

You're... My Destiny?

            Eleven o'clock at night, but Effie was still awake. She was standing in the balcony alone. Tomorrow is Saturday, her day off with the other members of C-REAL. So, no problem for her to not sleep early or wake up late on the next day.

            Her mind remembered the conversation with Kevin in the car. Suddenly, she missed Eli. How are you, oppa? Is it true that at this moment you feel sad because of me? If it’s true, I really feel sorry for you... her mind asked. Shortly thereafter, her cell phone rang. She could feel her heart was beating harder and her body heated up when she saw the name of the caller on her cell phone screen. Five seconds... ten seconds... finally, Effie answered the call. "Hello..."

            "Thank God! Finally, you answer my call!" someone shouted across there. The person was very happy when he heard Effie’s voice. "Please... don’t you ended my call. I want to explain to you that I..."

            "Oppa..." cut Effie in a low voice. She smiled as she looked at the dark night sky, but filled with stars. "You don’t have to explain anything to me."

            "Of course I have to! I don’t want you to misunderstand about me, Effie yah... are you still mad at me?"

            "Not."

            "Really?"

            "Yes, I'm serious."

            "You don’t misunderstand to me?"

            "Not"

            "Then, why didn’t you answer my calls all day?" Eli asked again, this time sounding frustrated. "I thought you were mad at me because you misunderstand to me. I'm worried about you, Effie yah... I'm afraid we will not be able to meet again..."

            Effie’s heart was deeply touched when she heard those words. "I think I've ever told you that today my schedule is quite much. I the silent mode on my phone after you called me in the afternoon. When I went home, I immediately changed it."

            "Then, why didn’t you call me back? Shouldn’t you know that I've flooded you cell phone with all the missed calls from me?"

            "I just didn’t know what to say to you if I called you first," said Effie. "You haven’t met Kevin oppa today?"

            "We met each other at Soohyun hyung’s house. After that, I didn’t see him again. I guess he is at Kiseop‘s house tonight," said Eli. "Wait! Why are you talking about him? Did you meet him?"

            "Yes, I met him while shopping."

            "What are you two talking about? Please, tell me!"

            Effie tried to stifle a laugh that wanted to come out of . She felt strange with Eli's questions. And why his voice sounded panicked? "Can we continue this conversation next time? I'm so tired, oppa..."

            "Ah, are you sleepy? If that so, fine. We should end it," Eli said. "Do you have time tomorrow? I want to meet you."

            "You're lucky, oppa. I'm off tomorrow."

            "Good!" exclaimed Eli, happy. "I'll pick you up at nine o’clock in the morning. Okay?"

            "Okay. But, where are we going?"

            "I don’t know. Tomorrow will be a fun day for us. I promise!"

 

***

 

            Meanwhile, in another place, Kevin was staring at Kiseop and Jaeseop with jealous look. Apparently, they live together without his knowledge. He was very surprised when Jaeseop entered Kiseop’s house that night and acted as if it's his house too. And he more surprised when Kiseop explained to him that Jaeseop also lived in his house. "Am I the only one who knows if you guys live together? Why do you keep this from me?!"

            "We don’t tell this matter to others as well," said Jaeseop while drinking a mineral water. "We never try to keep it. You guys never ask. So, why do we have to say, 'Hey, you know, me and Kiseop live together!'."

            Kevin pouted while looking at Jaeseop’s attitude when answered his question. He looked annoying. "So, where have you been? Why didn’t you go with us?"

            "I got something to do on campus. There is stuff left. On the road, I met Ace hyung. Because we had not met for a long time, we went to the bar to talk," said Jaeseop, then turned his face to Kiseop, who was eating his spagetthi. "Did you buy another food, Kiseop ah?"

            "What do you want to eat?" Kiseop said with a mouth full while looking at Jaeseop. Suddenly Jaeseop chuckled, making Kiseop frowned in puzzled. "Why? What's so funny?"

            Jaeseop didn’t answer. He instead took a tissue from the table, then wiped the sauce on Kiseop’s lips. "Why you can’t eat well, huh?" he asked to Kiseop and smiled.

            Kiseop just smiled in respond. He took a tissue from Jaeseop’s hand. "I can clean it by myself, you know," he said, then wiped the area around his lips. "Now tell me, what do you want to eat? I will make it for you."

            "Yaaa... you're still left a stain, Kiseop ah!" exclaimed Jaeseop, regardless on Kiseop’s question.

            "Where?"

            Without expected, Jaeseop already kissed his lips. Kiseop wanted to release it because he felt embarrassed when he realized there was Kevin among them. However, it tasted sweet. But, finally, Kiseop released himself from Jaeseop. "Don’t you remember, Kevin is here!" he whispered to Jaeseop.

            Jaeseop eyes rounded. Apparently, he forgot that Kevin was with them. When he turned to Kevin, he was staring at them with a surprised look.

            "Y-you... you are dating?!" Kevin asked. "You will not do that if you guys are not love each other!"

            "So what if we are dating?" Jaeseop asked defiantly. "You and Eli are also dating, right?"

            Suddenly that feeling came again. The sad feeling. Kevin bowed his head, then shook his head slowly. "We broke up," he replied weakly. "Kiseop ah, why did you take me to your house?" he asked, staring at him with an annoyed look. "I thought you were alone in the house, so you wanted someone to accompany you. But, Jaeseop is here. Why should I be here? I don’t want to be ignored by you two. I'd better get back to my house."

            "Kevin ah, I'm inviting you to come to my house because I miss you," replied Kiseop. "I'm not going to ignore you. I promise! Moreover, we will sleep in the same room."

            "With Jaeseop too?" asked Kevin.

            "Just you and me," Kiseop repliedd, smiling to hi. "I want us to talk about fashion when we want to sleep."

            "Ah yes! What if tomorrow we go to the amusement park?" Jaeseop asked, changing the subject of their conversation. "I’s been a long time we didn’t go there, right?"

            "Good idea!" exclaimed Kiseop, approved Jaeseop’s plans. "What about you? You also want to go there, don’t you?"

            Kevin smiled at them, full of meaning. "Promise me first that I will not be ignored by you two!"

 

***

 

            The next day, Chemi, Ann J, Lenny and Redee were surprised when they looked at their breakfast on the dining table. They were more surprised to see Effie, who was smiling at them in her chair. She looked very pretty with her chosen clothes.

            "We have no schedule today, right?" asked Redee, and sat down in her chair, ready for her breakfast.

            "Of course no, we don’t have any! It's our day off. But..." Lenny hung her word while looking suspiciously at Effie. "But, why do you look like you want to go, eonni?" she asked to Effie.

            "I have an appointment to meet someone today," said Effie with a smile to Lenny. Her heart was very happy in that morning. She couldn’t hardly wait for Eli and she went to spend the time together.

            "Really? With whom?" asked Chemi with a surprised.

            "You're going to go with Kevin oppa?" guess Ann J.

            "Eh? Why did you guess that?" Redee asked, confused.

            "Because we left Effie eonni and Kevin oppa alone in a car last night. I'm curious, what did you talk about at the time. But, it seems like he was asking you to go out today, right, eonni?"

            Effie just chuckled at Ann J's words. Shes like a detective! "Not with him. I’ll go with..."

            "Eli oppa?" Lenny guess. Shortly thereafter, Effie nodded slowly. "Yaaa! You guys are dating again?" she asked.

            "Come on... tell us!" begged Chemi.

            "Remember! There is no secret among the members!" reminded Redee.

            Effie was so embarrassed to face them. Her face looked nervous, but forced herself to keep smiling. "I never try to keep it a secret, but this is all still unclear. We will just go somewhere today. That's it. I'll tell you another thing if everything is clear. I promise!"

            "Clear?" asked Ann J, confused. "What’s wrong?"

            "Can’t we start to breakfast now?" Effie tried to change the topic with a pleading look at them. Finally, they began to eat their breakfast that was special made by Effie.

            "Eonni, your cooking is so delicious!" praised Lenny.

            "Agree! I love the kimbap, eonni," added Ann J.

            Effie smiled happily at them. "Thank you! I'm glad you like my cooking," she said.

            "Oh yes, Soohyun oppa's wedding reception held on Saturday on the next week, right? We'll go there together?" asked Ann J as she took a piece of kimbap with chopsticks.

            "Yes, of course we'll be there together," said Chemi which made Redee, Lenny and Effie nod in agree. "With whom are you going to go there unless you’re going with us?"

            "I just ask," she said.

 

***

-To Be Continued-