Part 1

You're... My Destiny?

           That day Eli was surprised because of Kibum came to his restaurant during lunch hour. He was even more surprised after receiving a wedding invitation from Kibum. Eli’s eyes rounded after reading the names of the bride and the groom in the invitation. "Hyung, I don’t not misread it, do I? I'm not dreaming, right?" asked Eli to Kibum.

            Kibum sighed after drinking his coffee. He stared at the younger man in front of him with a serious look, then nodded slowly, smiling a little. "Yes, you don’t misread and yes, you're not dreaming," he said quietly.

            "But... but, why Soohyun Hyung doesn’t give the invitation directly to me? Why are you giving it to me? And... what I don’t misread the name of the bride? Jessica Jung Soo Yeon... she was a member of Girls' Generation, right? Why... not! Since when are they dating?! I don’t even know they ever close! Aish..."

            "Well... just so you know, the marriage isn’t Soohyun hyung’s wish," Kibum said.

            "What do you mean?" said Eli with a frowning brow, confused.

            "Soohyun Hyung’s parents and Jessica Nuna’s parents are good friends for a long time. Apparently they've made a pact to marry Soohyun Hyung and Jessica Nuna without their knowledge. Soohyun Hyung had never thought that his future wife was Jessica Nuna, Jessica Nuna also didn’t know that Soohyun Hyung would be her future husband."

            "They’re paired?"

            Kibum nodded. "And they continued to be persuaded to approve it because their parents’ will. Moreover they’re almost thirty years old, right? "

            "They don’t love each other? I mean, they were being forced to marry?"

            "Yes. Sad but true. But, Soohyun Hyung told me that it was not a big problem for them. Love can grow over time, he said. "

            "Poor them!" Eli exclaimed as he stared at the photo of Soohyun and Jessica who were posing together on the wedding invitation. "Why there are still arranged marriages silly like that! Soohyun Hyung and Jessica Nuna can find someone that they want to be married. Why do they have to approve it anyway?"

            " I was already told you, they did it because their parents continue to persuaded them. I guess, they want to be a filial son, so they agreed it."

            "Ah, I'm not going to want to approve any of it if for example what happened with Soohyun Hyung would be happen to me too. Married to the person whom I never knew? With the person whom I don’t love? Not! I don’t want to "

            "Well... it’s up to you. But, could you see the sad faces of your parents when you were refuse it?"

            "Yes! I will keep to refuse it!" Eli replied firmly. "Besides, I’m sure my parents would not do that. My parents married for love, not because of the arranged marriage of their parents. So, they would let me choose my soul mate alone."

            Kibum just smiled a little. "Ah, yes... how about we go together to the wedding reception of Soohyun Hyung and Jessica Nuna? Not just the two of us, but with Xander Hyung, Kiseop, Hoon, Jaeseop, Kevin and Dongho."

            "Agree!" Eli exclaimed excitedly. "It's been a long time since I've met them, except Kevin. I still meet him. Tonight I’m going to meet him."

            "Kevin? How’s your relationship by the way? Elvin couple really real! Hahaha..."

            Eli laughed to hear Kibum’s words. "Well... our relationship is fine, Hyung. Do you miss him? My little angel?"

            " Yes, of course I miss him. Kevin and I are friends. We have be friend since long ago. Of course I miss him."

            Suddenly, the ringtone of Eli’s cell phone rang. Eli asked permission to Kibum to answer his call. After Kibum nodded, Eli left Kibum, not far from where he was sitting. "Yes, Mom. What is it?"

            "You're busy, dear?" asked Mrs. Kim on the other side.

            "Mmm... well, not too busy these days. What is it, Mom?"

            "Can you come home now? I've been in your apartment."

            " Ok, but I'm with Kibum Hyung now in my restaurant. Would you like to wait for me an hour again, Mom?"

            "All right. Don’t make me wait too long, ok?"

            Eli chuckled hearing her mother's message. "Ok. I love you, Mom!"

            "I love you too, dear. Bye!"

            "Bye!"

            "Who called you?" asked Kibum after Eli back to his seat.

            "My Mom. She told me to go home," replied Eli. "Maybe she wants me to accompany her go to shopping."

 

***

-To Be Continued-