Part 5

You're... My Destiny?

            Kevin was surprised to see the presence of Eli in front of him. However, seconds later, he smiled warmly at Eli and let him in to his apartment. "Didn’t you say that you couldn’t see me tonight?" he said, while he was hugging Eli’s body tightly.

            Eli also hugged him for a moment, then immediately released it. He smiled a little when he looked at Kevin. "Yes, because I thought I didn’t get to meet you after the dinner before. But, it turns out, I can go home quickly. So, I decided to meet you," he replied.

            "You're going to stay here?" asked Kevin as he lead Eli to the sofa.

            Eli shook his head as they sat side by side. "My mother stayed at my apartment. She knows that I’m in your apartment and she told me to go home as soon as possible after I see you."

            "So, are you going home early? Right now?" asked Kevin with a disappointed look.

            Again, Eli shook his head. This time he chuckled slightly. "Of course it's not as fast as you think, Kevin ah," he said. He was silent for a moment before returning to his word. "I have something to tell you."

            By just looking at Eli's face, Kevin could tell right away that, something that would said by Eli would be something serious, even critical. "Say it," Kevin said with a small smile.

            Eli did not immediately speak. Apparently he was still hesitant to say it. I'm afraid you’d be sad after listening my words, Kevin. Should I say now? Shortly thereafter, Eli had established himself to tell Kevin about his arranged marriage. "Kevin ah... I'm... I'm getting married soon..."

            "We're going to get married?"

            "No-not us, but... me and the girl who is chosen by my mother..." Eli was waiting for a response from Kevin. However, since he remained silent while he was staring at him, Eli continued saying, "My mother told me about her plans this afternoon. Of course I've been rejected many times. But, she forced me again and again. So, I finally approved the plan."

            "So, our relationship ended tonight?" asked Kevin with his face down and quietly.

            Eli sighed heavily and nodded. "Yes, Kevin ah..." he replied. "My mother also found out our relationship. And she could not accept it, Kevin ah."

            "But, I still love you, Eli yah..." Kevin said as he looked at Eli with a sad face. He was almost in tears. Of course he was deeply hurt by the news. However, he did not want to cry that time . "Couldn’t you maintain our relationship? For me?"

            Eli's face also looked as sad as Kevin’s face. However, he shook his head slowly. "I coldn’t, Kevin ah... it’s my mother's wishes," he said with a weak voice.

            "You prefer your mother than me?"

            "Yes, I prefer my mom. Kevin ah, this doesn’t mean I don’t love you. It's just because I want to make my mother happy. That's it. I want to be a dutiful son to her."

            Kevin was silent as he continued to stare at Eli. "Or maybe... you've fallen in love with your future wife, huh?" he asked again. Without expected, Eli chuckled. Puzzled him. "Why are you laughing? What's so funny?"

            "Kevin ah, I don’t know who she is," admitted Eli. "My mother still kept it a secret from me."

            Kevin forehead furrowed, confused. "Ya! Why do you want to marry a girl that you don’t even know who she is?! I think you have lost your senses because you’re too dutiful to your mother," he grumbled.

            Eli just chuckled. "Because I know that my mother would choose a good girl. My mother’s choice has always been the best for me."

            "Wait a minute!" Kevin suddenly exclaimed, and laughed quite wide. Confused Eli. "I've heard this story before. Eli yah... why the story of your life and Soohyun hyung's have the same theme? It sounds funny!"

            Eli's forehead was wrinkled, but he began to chuckle. He realized that after Kevin said. In fact, he told Kibum that he would never want an arranged marriage like Soohyun this afternoon. I wonder what will Kibum hyung said later after hearing this.

            "Well, for your sake, I'm willing to let you go, Eli yah..." said Kevin unexpectedly. "Although I still love you so much, from now on I'm going to forget that feeling little by little."

            Eli looked at Kevin with a regret look. "I'm sorry, Kevin ah..."

            Kevin shook his head with a small smile. "There is nothing to forgive, Eli yah. It's not your fault entirely." Without expected, Eli hugged him tightly. Kevin smile widened as he embraced. "I hope you’d happy together with your future wife," he whispered in Eli’s ear.

            "Thank you, Kevin ah," Eli said as he whispered in the ear Kevin. Then, he let go of his arms. "So, what are you going to do after this? Don’t you think for a relationship with a girl and get married? Don’t you want a child?"

            Kevin returned wrinkled forehead hear the questions. "Apparently your goal of married is a child?"

            "It isn’t my goal, but my mom’s," said Eli. "She really wants my biological children. Ah, my head always feels dizzy when I thought about it," he said softly as he massaged his forehead. "Have your mother ever asked you about getting married?"

            "Not. She is quite happy with the presence of Deana Nuna’s children," Kevin said with a chuckle. "Hannah Nuna already have children, right? Why your mother is still whinning over the presence of grandchildren?"

            "I do not know," Eli said lightly. "Oh yeah, Kibum hyung asked us to go together to Soohyun hyung’s wedding reception. You're going to come, right?"

            "Of course I'll come," said Kevin steady. "I was very surprised to know that his bride is Jessica Nuna. He’s a lucky man! I wonder who will be your bride."

            "I'm more curious than you, Kevin ah. Why my mother still hasn’t told me that?"

 

***

-To Be Continued-