Part 4

You're... My Destiny?

            Mrs. Kim smiled happily when she saw Eli's face, who was driving the car, which did not stop smiling. "How was dinner, dear?" she asked then. 
            Eli’s smile more wide before answering that question. "Fun, Mom. Effie is a very nice girl," he replied without taking his eyes to the road. 
            "Effie?" asked Mrs. Kim frowned. "Her name is Lee Ji Hoon, right?" she asked again to make sure. 
            "Don’t you know who she is? Yes, her name is Lee Ji Hoon, but her stage name is Effie. She's one of the members of the group called C-REAL. She has very beautiful voice when she was singing." 
            Mrs. Kim smiled secretely. Actually, she just pretended not to know about her. She did not expect that Eli could be very fascinated by the girl. "You really know her well, huh? Do you like her?"
            Heard that questions, Eli began awkwardly. Suddenly his cheeks flushed and Eli started clearing his throat loudly enough. "Well, Mom... well, I really liked her," Eli replied sheepishly. "We're home finally! Mom, go in first. I want to go to Kevin's apartment." 
            "Kevin? Ya! Ellison Kim! I thought you were..." 
            "Mom," Eli interrupted Mrs. Lee’s words. "Actually, I have an appointment to meet him tonight. However, I canceled it because the dinner. I just want to apologize to him and... maybe, I'll tell him about this marriage plan," he said with a sad look.
            Mrs. Kim did not answer. The middle-aged woman staring at Eli for a moment, then nodded, let him go. "Go meet him! Go home quickly, Eli, after you finish your business." 
            Eli nodded confidently, smiling a little. "I will. Thank you, Mom," Eli said as he kissed her cheek before the middle-aged woman came out of the car. 
 

*** 


            "You do know Eli oppa’s mother? I mean Kyoungjae oppa’s mother," asked Effie to Mrs.Lee when they both were removing makeup at home.
            "Of course I know her," replied Mrs. Lee. "Hyounggi is my friend since we were in high school. She also ever met you when you were five years old. You must have forgotten about it, right? We never met since then because she moved to America with her husband and her children. But, we still keep in touch often. Not long ago she returned to Korea to accompany Kyoungjae." Mrs. Lee paused for a moment to look at her daughter's response. However, Effie was just quiet. "So, how was your dinner? Fun?"
            Effie grinned at her, then nodded. "A bit awkward in the beginning because we had not seen each other. But, Eli oppa is so friendly to me. So, the dinner was fun!"
            "Wait a minute!" Mrs. Lee suddenly exclaimed. The middle-aged woman felt something strange in her answer. "You said, ' we had not seen each other’? You've ever met before?"
            Effie's face suddenly flushed. Her attitude became awkward. She chuckled at her mother a bit, then replied, "I'm sorry, Mom, because I never told you about it. Yes, I've ever met him once when my debut. And... mmm... we have ever dated..."
            "What?!" cried Mrs. Lee half-shouted with a very surprised expression. "You have ever dated before?! That's a lie, right? Why I did not ever know it? Why there was no news about it in the media?"
            "Mom, I'm sorry..." said Effie while prostrate on her mother's lap. Apparently she was afraid if Mrs. Lee angry. "Our relationship was only known by U-KISS and C-REAL’s members. So, I didn’t tell you, Mom. Really, I'm sorry..." she said, then invert her face in her mother's lap.
            "There is nothing to forgive, Jihoon ah. You're not wrong. Come on, sit here!" asked her while she was gesturing at Effie to re-sit with her. She smiled broadly at her daughter who still looked pale because of fear being scolded by her. "In fact I'm glad to hear that," she admitted.
            "Really?" asked Effie.
            Mrs. Lee nodded confidently.
            Effie secretly breathed a sigh of relief. However, her face looked sad then. "Mom, Eli oppa will soon marry a girl who chosen by his mother," she said.
            "Isn’t that a good news? Why is your face looks sad, Jihoon ah?" asked Mrs. Lee with suspicion.
            "That should be good news indeed, Mom. But, Eli oppa did because of he is forced. That’s not his wants. Pity him!"
            “Arranged marriage is not always bad, dear," said Mrs. Lee as she Effie’s back. "You're sad just because of that or because you still love him?"
            Uncontrollably, Effie’s cheeks flushed again. "Well, yeah... it's also another reason, Mom," she admitted with a chuckle.
            Mrs. Lee chuckled. "Jihoon ah, I know who is Kyoungjae’s bride."
            Effie jumped slightly and looked at Mrs. Lee immediately with a look of disbelief. "Yo do know it? Really?" she asked curiously, then answered by his mother with a steady nod. "Who's that girl, Mom? Come on, tell me what's her name?"
            "You really want to know what's her name?" teased Mrs. Lee.
            Effie nodded confidently with a serious expression. "Come on, Mom, let me know!" she pleaded with a pouty face.
            Mrs. Lee paused for a moment, while she was staring at Effie who was begging her. After a long sigh, Mrs. Lee then replied, "Her name is Lee Ji Hoon. The girl is you."


***

-To Be Continued-