Part 9

You're... My Destiny?

            Jungwoon, C-REAL's manager, frowned at Effie, puzzled. He could still see clearly the rest of the tears on her cheeks. But, why was she crying? He thought. "Effie yah, do I make you wait too long?" he asked as he opened the car door for Effie.

            Effie shook her head weakly, wiping her eyeliner.

            Jungwoon did not want to force Effie to answer the question. Then, they headed to the apartment, took Effie home. "I thought you were going to come home any longer. I was asleep when you called me to come get you."

            "Are you sleepy now, oppa?" Effie suddenly cut Jungwoon’s words. The tone of her voice was hoarse as she said it, and Jungwoon realized it.

            "Now? No. Why?"

            "If you're sleepy, we could stop for a moment and you can go back to sleep."

            "Ah, you don’t have to worry about me! I would prioritize your condition instead, you know? After all, we'll be busy all day long. Are you okay, Effie yah?" Effie just nodded weakly to answer that question. "But, you look messed up this time. When we arrive at your apartment, you should get some rest, ok?"

            "I don’t look as messed up as you can see, oppa. I'm fine," Effie denied it.

            "And you know, if you have a problem, you can tell me. I'll help any way I can. "

 

***

 

            "Are you awake?" asked Eli to Kevin who was stretching his body on the couch where he slept. "Come, have breakfast! After that, I will bring you home," he said, putting the tray wich was filled with their breakfast on the table.

            Kevin looked at the apartment with a puzzled look. Occasionally, he could feel dizzy in his head. “Eli yah, why would I be here?" he said, then took a warm cappuccino on the table.

            "Yah! You don’t remember what happened last night?" Eli suddenly shouted at him, making Kevin grew confused. Eli felt so annoyed at the sight of Kevin when he shook his head with innocent face. "I don’t know why all of a sudden you came to my apartment last night and made a mess here. But, obviously you look drunk."

            “Me? Made a mess?" Kevin asked with a look of disbelief. He was trying to recall what he had done last night. "Ah... I think if I’m not mistaken, I went to the bar last night and... ah, I don’t remember what I did after that," he admitted, rubbing his forehead.

            "Why did you go there? I told you, don’t drink too much!"

            Why? Kevin asked as he thought back to recall the reason. When he found it, Kevin’s heart suddenly felt sad. "I... I already know who’s your wife to be, Eli yah. And it pisses me off..."

            "Why? What’s wrong with Effie?"

            Kevin paused, staring at his feet. Why? "Because I'm jealous of her, you know," he admitted softly. He looked back at Eli. "Effie is a perfect girl. She is beautiful, kind, friendly, cute, and innocent. You've often said that you like a y girl, but since you met her, you're no longer interested in another girl, even a ier girl than her. Even now I don’t know what is y from Effie. And... my biggest reason is... you. You love her, Eli yah.

            "Before you meet her, you only see me. The person that you care about is me. The person that you love the most is me, only me!" Kevin started a small sob. He felt weak all the time. Let it be, I want you to know about my feelings, Eli yah... he thought. "But, when you met her, you simply dumped me. The world seemed to belong to both of you. You guys were very happy all the time, and it made me more jealous.

            "And then that time came. You two split up. And it's because of me. You remember why?"

            " I will not be able to forget it," Eli said with a weak voice. He decided to listen to all that he wanted to say that morning. "You made me misunderstand her. You made a cheap gossip that Effie had an affair with Sungmin hyung and I foolishly believed it. I burned in jealous when I saw the photos of their proximity that you gave to me," he said, staring at the sky from his apartment window. " Though their relationship was limited to main opponent in the musical drama. But, I was too stupid at the time. until finally, I left her, then came back to you."

            "You were not fully back to me, Eli yah... you're not the same anymore," said Kevin. "Once you split up with her, you always look glum. And I know, you still love her, love her so much. Perhaps even now you..."

            "Yes, I love her even now and I just love her," Eli cut his words, without cared the wounds that was clearly visible in Kevin’s eyes. "Kevin ah, I know it's hard for you, but please, let me marry her. You also have to know about what my feelings towards her. You're supposed to let go of me and let me live with her happily."

            "And what about me? What should I do without you?" Kevin cut in a hoarse voice. "My life feels empty without you. You don’t know how valuable you to me, Eli yah..."

            "And you can never understand how valuable Effie to me," Eli cut a frustrated tone. "I don’t have any special feelings for you anymore, Kevin ah. Not, after what you did to Effie last night here."

            Kevin rounded hiseyes, surprised by the last sentence. "Effie? She was here last night?" he asked then nodded by Eli. "Then, where is she now?"

            "She's been home since early this morning. I think she was deeply hurt after hearing your words."

            "My words? Which one?"

            "Yah! You really don’t remember it, huh?"

            “If I remember it, why do I have to ask you again?" shouted Kevin back in an annoyed tone. "Now tell me, what I have done to her?"

            "You told me not to marry her, you said you don’t want to see her with me, you said you love me, and you kissed me. Effie heard it all, seen it all without us knowing."

            So, Effie already know that I don’t approve of their marriage plans? he thought. So, what should I do now?

            "Why are you silent?" asked Eli to Kevin because he was being pensive.

            Kevin stared at Eli long enough before answering that question. "I'm just a little tired," he said.

            "Then, let's get breakfast! The food is cold I guess because we keep talking," said Eli, then drank his cappuccinno. "Well, it's really cool."

 

***

-To Be Continued-

a short update hehe...

enjoy reading :)