Mystery YG Talent

I Like You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

G-Dragon swiveled on his chair as he continued to stare at her. It's been exactly a month since Rio had been allowed to work under him and to be in the YG Family.

President Yang wasn’t so hard to convince after he heard her English compositions and demos. Of course, her parents had to be convinced to let her stay in Korea. That was the most difficult part. But after that, formalities had to be made:

She had signed a 5-year contract with YG entertainment, had been put in the same dorm as Lee Hi, had transferred and had been attending Seoul National University (Although most of the YG family undergrads wanted her to attend Dongguk or Kyunghee since they were there and other idols also studied there).

In that one month, she had composed a new song for 2ne1 called “Ugly” with Teddy. It had been released a week ago.

Articles have started commenting on the song, commending Teddy for another “daebak” composition that showed the group’s color. But YG responded by saying that Teddy worked with YG’s new talent “Rio” on the song as well.

Since then, media has been plaguing the YG office for days, trying to find out who "Rio" was. Of course, most of them thought "Rio" was a man since it was a rather masculine name... Much to Rio's distaste.

--

They were taking a break at the recording studio while waiting for 2ne1 and she seemed so into what she was writing.

“What are you doing?” Gdragon asked in Korean as he leaned beside her and checked out what she was doing.

“I... I’m learning how to write in Korean. So I can communicate better.” she replied, blushing slightly and bending to cover her writing.

“Why? I can speak in English.” He chuckled at how eager yet shy she looked.

She chuckled too. “I know oppa, but you’re not the only person I’m going to talk to in Korea, are you? I have classmates in school who don’t know how to speak English that much but I want to communicate with them better...” She paused as she looked at her feet, “I... I want to gain friends here too.”

He knew she was lonely. Living away from everything homely to her must be hard, but somehow, the idea of her talking to other people, to other guys, irked him. He shrugged it off. Must be my brotherly instincts.

“Well, do your best.” He said as he ruffled her hair and she glared at him but immediately went back to what she was doing. He shrugged his shoulders and went back to listening to the recordings they made.

 

---

“Loen, Cube, Woolim and Brave Sound are asking if she can compose for their artists.” President Yang told G dragon as the leader sat down and thought about it.

“It’s a good opportunity for her.” He said as he felt somewhat proud of her for grabbing so much attention. “Ugly was a good song. She had a lot of input which Teddy hyung needed.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter