Winner

I Like You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8: Win!

Rio woke up quite early. Well, she didn’t want to, but her phone has been ringing and vibrating for the past hour already, it made her more awake than ever—and she was annoyed. She looked at the caller, planning to give him/her a piece of her mind. She flipped her phone and stared at it for a long minute.

‘Kwon Ji--hyung’ It read. She would have kept staring at it but it rang again. It jumped from her palms to her bed and she stared at it for a while, while chanting, “What to do? What to do? ARGH!! Why am I so nervous!” When it stopped vibrating, she heaved a sigh of relief.

 

***Message from Kwon Ji--hyung***

***YA! It’s 7:30 already?! How long are you gonna be asleep! You better answer your phone now!***

***End***

After she read it, it rang again. ‘Scary…’

“N-Neh, hyung?” She asked, lacking backbone.

“YA!!! You think calling me that will make me calmer?!” He screamed on the other line. She heard snickering and she knew he wasn’t alone. ‘Ugh, great.’

“Mianhe. I was kind of tired…” She looked at the time, 7:32 am. It’s so early!! “I didn’t know it was this late already.”

“Whatever, whatever. Anyway, have you listened to the song yet?” Rio’s eyes widened. ‘The song?! I completely forgot!’ She turned to her bed-side table, inserted the cd in her laptop, plugged her earphones and inserted one bud in her ear. “Yup! I’ve heard it! As expected of you, oppa!”

“Of course.” She heard him smirk on the other line and she chuckled. “Learn the female part and come meet me at my studio.”

“Okay! See you there. I just have to go…” She paused. “Wait for the laundry ahjumma to give her some instructions and then I’m off! See you, hyung! Bye!” She hang up and opened the word document that contained the lyrics.

R.O.D.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS4hcTysX4M (G-dragon ft. Lydia Paek)

“Wow. It’s a piece of work!” She shouted and replayed the song and read the lyrics over and over again. “Am I going to do the feature?” She asked herself absent-mindedly as she got off the bus. Her heart pounded. ‘I’m going to feature in his song? That was amazing!’ She thought excitedly. Jennie Kim already featured in Black and in his music video for That XX last year, but this is still great for her! She happily went to the YG Building.

She knocked on the studio door and she peeked inside, G-Dragon’s voice greeted her. “Ya, what took you so long?” He said, his attention still on the song he was fixing. She pouted.

“The cleaning ahjumma…” She trailed off and scurried to sit by his side.

“Okay.” He turned to her. “You’ve listened to the song right?”

“Of course!” She replied haughtily. He chuckled.

“I want you to feature. Is that fine?” He asked and Teddy was behind him nodding fervently, asking her to say yes. She smiled.

“Of course!” She replied. “I would be honored!”

“Then let’s record in an hour!” G-dragon said dismissively and her eyes grew wide again.

“Bwoh?!”

--

Rio came out of the recording booth. “That was fun!”

“You did well!” He patted her back and she crashed on the sofa. “No time to lay around. Hyunseok hyung wants you to drop by the trainee building.”

“Now?” She asked, her voice higher than usual.

“Now.” Teddy butted in and pulled on her arm. She sighed.

“Is this for WIN?” She asked. She heard about the programme from Lee Hi and her managers. It was a pretty harsh competition and she was very curious and intrigued. Being a YG trainee meant that you had talent and potential, so that means for 2 teams of talented boys to compete against each other—it must be pretty intense! Sadly, she never really had the time to check on it. She’s seen Kang Seungyoon a couple of times, he was a YG Artist but he was still participating in the competition. She smiled. “Okay! Let’s go!!!”

“Ah, you’re the only one going. I can just drive you there.” G dragon commented.

“And Teddy oppa?”

“He’s just going to be a ninja and blend with the staff.” Teddy answered for himself. The two shook their heads and headed to Gdragon’s car.

They arrived at the building quickly. It wasn’t that far after all. “Stay calm. Some of them are pretty handsome, so don’t get too carried away.” Gdragon teased.

“I’ll try not to fangirl as obviously as I do when I see you.” She joked and her two oppas laughed at her.

“Naga!” He shoved her out and Teddy followed suit.

“Thanks, hyung! Good luck with the song.” She smiled and headed to the building.

--

“That’s not the en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter