Girl's Night Out

I Like You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5: Girl’s Night Out

YG Training Room

Rio’s phone rang five times but she didn’t notice it. She was busy preparing for her third stage in Music Bank. This time, she was eligible to compete for the first spot. Mr. Kim, her manager, was able to brief her that she could be in the top 7 and top 2 as her digital and album sales have been going quite well. She was shocked to know that they had restocked the shelves of some major music stores because her albums have been bought within the three weeks that she has debuted. She was thankful and nervous at the same time. It seems like people were expecting a lot from her—probably because she’s coming from a company like YG.

She determinedly finished her eighth take on rehearsals and tiredly sat beside the dancers. She checked her phone and her eyes grew wide as she saw that the caller was Girl’s Day’s Minah. She quickly pressed the call button and waited for Minah to pick up.

“Annyeong-haseyo, Rio ssi?” Minah’s voice sounded different on the phone.

“Oh, annyeong, Minah-ssi. You called?”

“Yeah! I wanted to ask if you want to have dinner with me?” She sounded a bit hopeful and Rio smiled.

“Sure! Do you want to invite the other ’93 idols too?” Rio asked, obviously referring to the ones they met on Infinity Challenge.

“Mm. It can be a girl’s thing first.” Rio nodded in agreement. “Where do you want to eat out?”

“Anywhere’s fine.”

“Would you like to eat in “Gorilla in the Kitchen”?”

“Oh, why? That’s a good restaurant!” Rio said excitedly. If she was passionate about anything other than music, it would be food.

“I’m actually on a diet so I want to eat there.” Minah laughed on the other line. “We’re preparing for another song.”

“Arrasseo, I’ll ask if Juniel wants to go too.” Rio said and bade her goodbye after a few minutes.

---

Gdragon got out of the studio. He had just composed a new song—one with a female featuring, to be more specific. He knew exactly who the other person should be.

“Have you seen Rio?” He asked as he entered the cafeteria. The dancers on one table shook their heads.

“I think she's at the dance studio.” One girl answered and he thanked them before heading out.

---

Rio wiped her face and sat down. She looked at her phone and noticed she had better get going. She gathered her things and began to pack them in her bag.

Gdragon had knocked on the door and heard her allow him to enter.

“Dong,” Gdragon peeked into the room first before going in. Rio stopped packing her practice clothes and turned to look at him.

“What's up hyung?”

“Where are you going?”

“Out to eat with a friend.” She replied with a smile.

“Friend? Who?” He seemed genuinely shocked and she frowned.

She slung her bag over her arm. “I have friends too… Outside of YG.” She turned around.

“Yah, I was just asking. Why are you so edgy?” He called out to her.

She sighed. “I’m meeting with Minah from Girl’s Day, oppa.” She stressed the term as she turned around. “You know her?”

“Ahh, so it’s a girl,” He paused, looking a bit relieved. “Articles said she looked like me?”

Rio broke into a genuine smile, “Honestly? You’re prettier, hyung.” She took her phone out of her pocket. Before she could bid him goodbye, he took out his car keys and went in front of her.

“You want me to drive you to the place?” She looked at him quizzically as he jiggled his car keys in front of her.

“It’s okay. You’re busy too.” She smiled. “Thank you anyway.”

“I have to take care of my dongsaengs, specially the one being dubbed as my protégé.” He said as he ruffled her hair. She chuckled and nodded as she slapped his hand away from her already messy hair.

“Okay! Let’s go!”

The drive was noisy as they debated on which song to play. Gdragon won the fairly childish battle when he claimed that they were riding his car, therefore, they should follow his rules. She could only sigh and glare at him, as she admitted defeat.

“Here we are.” He said as he pulled the car up to a big grey building in Gangnam.

“Thanks, hyung.” She said as she turned to him. “Do you want some food? I can get for you before you leave.”

“Nah, it’s fine.” He said as he turned to see her go. “Ah I almost forgot! Rio,” He called out and she turned to him again. He handed her a cd. “Listen to it and practice the female lines.” She nodded, slowly understanding that the CD contained a song. “Have fun with your friends.” She smiled and thanked him again before entering the restaurant.

Rio looked around the restaurant for Minah and saw her on the table furthest from the entrance, wearing a cap. She chuckled. Celebrities... Oh wait. She shook her head as she tucked the CD into her bag.

She walked to the table and nodded at the people who stared at her, thinking that though she seemed familiar to them, they probably couldn’t tell who she was.

“Annyeong-haseyo. Table for two?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter