YG Talent to YG Trainee to YG Artist?!

I Like You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This chapter marks the start of bringing in other idols into the story. This chapter will feature SISTAR, IU, Kara, Nicole, Juniel and Infinite! Yayy!

  Chapter 3: From YG Talent to YG Trainee to YG artist?

 

“So…” Rio breathed out heavily and looked at Yang Hyun Seuk, “I have to pretend I’m a trainee? I’m sorry… I never expected the media to read so much into it. I thought they’d pass me off as one of the dancers or staff.”

‘You’re too pretty to be one of the dancers and staff, kid.’ The 50 year old man said in silence.

“Not exactly.” He answered shortly and she went silent.

“What do you mean then?” Jiyong spoke up as he put his hands in a praying position and proceeded to stare at their CEO. “What do you want to happen?”

“We can’t have you “pretend” you’re a trainee. And honestly, I’ve been thinking about this for a long time…”

“Been thinking about what, President?” Rio asked; confusion evident on her face. Sometimes, she hated how she had to read and analyze their CEO’s mind to actually understand what he was saying.

“We can have you become a trainee, Rio. I talked about it with Teddy, Sean and the other producers. Your talent isn’t something that we have to hide from people. Since you’re young, it’ll be such a waste for your future if you just stick to working behind the scenes.”  He paused as he looked at G dragon. “We don’t think it’s a bad thing for her to be known as a trainee first. We don’t have to simply respond to the articles by saying that she’s our new composer. We can outright say that she’s a YG Trainee as well. What do you think?” He asked.

“I’m okay with that, I agree actually. But people will expect her to debut.” GD said, looking at their president intensely.

“We don’t think it’s a bad idea. Out of all the trainees like Jenny, Yuna and HaYi, she’s been getting almost more than what hype they’ve gotten.” He paused. “We can have you debut.” fell open. What did he just say???

“You’re not kidding, are you?” Gdragon fell silent for a while and then gathered his thoughts. It’s true that he wanted to talk to YG and Rio about having her become a YG Recording Artist and not just remain behind the scenes. Her talent and honestly, her undeniable good looks weren’t made to be hidden, but it was too early for her. Her compositions were getting better and better even after just a few months of being in YG and living in Korea. He was almost too afraid to ask… “When—When do you plan to push through with this?” He asked and Rio looked at the two men in shock.

“This year.”

“THIS YEAR?!” Rio stood up suddenly. “Wait, sajangnim, oppa—Isn’t this too soon? I haven’t even had any training, Lee Hi just debuted and you’re already planning on debuting another artist?” She paused. “Nevermind that, the new group hasn’t even debuted yet! Are you sure about this?” Rio asked. She was freaking out right now. She can’t debut! This wasn’t even part of her plan!

“Part of being in YG is that people expect something big from you—from all its artists. Not announcing your debut a year earlier and having the least amount of teasers albeit providing you sure great ones to the best of our abilities would surprise them.” He gathered the papers in front of him and handed it out to her. They were newspaper clippings, articles and other requests for YG’s composer, “Rio” to be revealed to the public. “You have a hype surrounding you now too. We won’t release teasers and announcements until 2 weeks from now. Also, since two of your songs have been put up for use in Lee Hi’s albums and you’ve already composed songs for Brave Sound and Cube, I think you’ll be credited as a composer now so it’s good to get the word out on that as well. “Rose” and “It’s over” have been receiving a lot of praise, by the way.” He said as he smiled. “But you still need to improve on your Korean so the lyrics won’t be so awkward next time.”

“Oh, thanks for telling me this now.” She said sarcastically but covered and muttered a sorry. Jiyong and President Yang laughed. She cleared . “So if—if I’m debuting this year, when do we do recording, image building and that sort of thing?” Jiyong sighed as he put his arms around her neck and ruffled her hair.

“We’ll take care of you, kid.” He said with a wide smile that she blushed.

“Things have escalated quite quickly…” She murmured, but was still audible enough for President Yang and the Big Bang leader to hear.

YG hid a small smile on his face as he dismissed the two and wished them good luck.

--

What’s happening, you ask?

It’s been a more than a week since the article on Gdragon and “the mystery girl” came out. It’s also been a week since she’s given Cube and Brave Sound songs like “Loving U” for SISTAR, “WOW” for BtoB and “Manmanhani” for UKiss—all of which have been recorded within a week. Of course, she hasn’t been present in the recordings as she was told to be low profile for now, so they settled on having her give demo tapes and recordings to the companies, sending them out as YG and Rio’s new materials.

And… as you’ve read above, Rio will be debuting this year as a YG artist. Yes, it has escalated quite quickly.

--

Recording Studio: 5 AM

 

“I really am not a morning person, oppaaaaaaa.” She sighed as she rubbed her eyes and put her glasses on. GD gave her a cup of coffee as he sat down on the chair in front of the mixer and control panel. “Sorry.” She muttered as she blew on it. “I'm showing really bad work ethic right now.”

He smiled, “Oh, you noticed?” He chuckled and she pretended to brood. “Also, don't call me “oppaaaa” like that.”

“Like what oppaaaa?” She asked annoyingly and he glared at her. “Oh,” She feigned shock. “Yeminnie oppaaa, so edgy today!” She grinned and he ruffled her hair.

 “Ahh, are you trying to be rebellious? Hmm?” He said through gritted teeth as both of them loudly fought. He let her go and turned to the mixer and the computer.

She put her finger on her chin and had a thoughtful look on her face. “Okay, I won't call you oppa at all. Jiyong.”

“Bwoh?” His head snapped to her direction, obviously surprised at her informality. His heart beat a little faster. “Jiyong?” He clarified.

“Hyung.” She grinned widely. “Jiyong hyung!!!!” She cackled and burst into laughter.

“Ya! Are you a man? Calling me hyung?” He pinched her cheeks causing them to redden. She frowned and sulked for a moment before sitting beside him and bothering him by poking at his sides.

 

----

“You practiced this song, right?” He asked her. “This will be a teaser song. It won’t be your title song, so don’t worry.” She chuckled.

“I trust you, hyung.” She said as she stood up. “Ah—Ah” She cleared and took a sip of the hot coffee before going to the recording booth. “Kyeorigago, bomi—bomiiiiiii” She nodded at him to start the recording process. (Song: Big Bang’s “Blue”)

GD pushed the “intercom” button that connected the booth and the studio, and spoke,

“Let’s start with the first phrase.” She gave him an okay sign and began singing. Teddy entered the room just in time to catch the first verse. He nudged at Gdragon and whispered a: “Jackpot.” He smirked and replied, “Of course. She’s my apprentice after all.”

“Teonaseo nal man na go—“ She stopped when her voice broke. “Sorry! Ahhhh.” She ruffled her hair, obviously exhasperated. Just then, Taeyang entered the room and gave her a nod. “Youngbae oppaaaaaaa!!” She greeted as she waved both her hands to him.

“Can I hear?” Taeyang asked and Gdragon nodded. Taeyang listened for a while before showing a look of approval.

“I like the higher “man-na-go” that you did. That sounded warm and strong.” He said as he gave her a “thumbs up”. She sighed in relief.

“Thank you!” She said and a few hours later, they were done.

“Did I do okay, hyung?” She asked and Jiyong pretended to think about it. She frowned. “Tell me honestly. Don’t beat around the bush!”

“Just kidding!!” He laughed. “You did well!”

“Ahh, my confidence is diminishing every minute I’m with you, really!” She said as she punched him lightly in the stomach. “I don’t think I’m up for this though.” She paused and looked down. “I mean… I probably should be in a girl group considering my vocal—inability.” She chuckled and he nodded as he held her balled fists.

“You’ll never know when the netizens and Korean people would turn to like weird things…”

She nodded, feigning understanding. “Ohh, that’s why you’re so popular, hyung!”

“VERY FUNNY.” He said with a glare of his own and started walking. “But dongsaeng, others would kill for this chance, just grab it. You’ve got the stuff to make it and I’m sure you’ll be supported. The YG family fans are really cool, so don’t worry.”

“You’re right, I have to be positive!” Her shoulders stumped. “…Even if the only reason for the support is because I’m from YG~~Cry cry cry.” She said dramatically but only got ignored. “CRYYYY!! I’m wallowing in despair…”

“Ya!” Gdragon turned around and hit her forehead lightly with the back of his hand. “You’re attracting evil spirits!”

 

--

 

1 week later:

 

“YAHHHH!! THIS GIRL!” Daesung exaggeratedly shouted across the dorm as he ran to the living room where all s were. “Look at these pages!”

 

NEWSEN // ALLKPOP // SEOUL NEWS // MNET NEWS // ARIRANG POPS IN SEOUL // CHOSUN // K DAILY:

Just one day after YG’s new artist released her cover of the song, “Blue” by Big Bang, Rio has made a big splash in the entertainment industry! Claiming the 2nd spot in iTunes Korea and 1st in digital sales at the Soribada, Melon, GreenMonkey and other online music portals.

A YG Representative has stated, pre-empting the backlash that, “She didn’t really mean to be seen with GDragon and Taeyang, it was the agency’s decision to let her cover Blue and Hate you. She is extremely talented and in the future, we will be sending out more of her own material, as she is a composer herself. Right now, she is being taken under Gdragon and Teddy’s wing as she has decided on a career in composing. She is also training hard for her debut. Please support us this time!”

Netizens have commented a lot of things, they were wondering who this “Rio” really was, what she looked like and if she was another monster rookie from YG.

“WAHH I thought there was another group when I heard this song! It’s like there are multiple people in one!”

“Show us her face already!”

Reply>> “Maybe she’s the girl with GDYB the other week!!”

Reply>>> “Conspiracy theories lol”

Reply>>>> “But it’s possible!”

“First, Lee Hi and the other girl group now this? YG is really something!”

“YG is smart to pre-empt the hate!! Rio fighting!”

“Can’t wait!”

“Kyaa she’s training with GD and Teddy. How envious T-T”

“I’m excited to see her! She seems awesome!”

“Hate that she used big bang even tho it wasn’t intentional, but you gotta give her credit for the vocals.”

“The vocals aren’t so great, nothing whitney housten (yet) but there’s something special about it!”

“Looks like there are lots of new artists this year as well. Rio fightinggg!”

“Rio? Is she Japanese? Kekeke”

“She debuted before the YG girl group? Huh?”

Reply>> Maybe they did to her what they did to Lee Hi???

--

Gdragon shook his head and smiled. “That’s our girl!” He grinned.

--

 

Rio’s Mini-Album Jacket Photoshoot:

Theme: Waiting for time to pass (Floral, Spring Concept)

Gdragon, Seungri and TOP visited their dongsaeng all at the same time, while the other YG family members were visiting on separate hours due to their schedule conflicts.

Rio rose from the waiting chair as soon as she heard that the three came to visit her.

“Oppa!” Shouted happily as she ran to the Seunghyuns (TOP&Seungri). She turned to Gdragon slowly and muttered a, “Hyung.” Slightly acknowledging him to . He huffed.

“I don’t think you should be running with that!” He said as he tilted his head up ever so superiorly. “That costs more than your royalties right now.” He said cockily but couldn’t help the grin that spread across his face when she pouted unconsciously.

“Arasseo. I’m dirt poor right now.”

“Jiyong-ah,” TOP called out. “No need to rub it in the poor dongsaeng’s face.” He said calmly but chuckled as soon as he saw Jiyong’s shocked face.

Rio turned to TOP, “He’s always like this, bullying me.” She complained exaggeratedly, chuckling at Jiyong’s childishness.

“Don’t bully her, copy me and be a good oppa.” TOP said as he patted Rio’s head and she nodded.

“Why are you siding with her?” He whined.

Her face lit up, as if hit by a of genius. “I should probably make an expose!”

Seungri clapped. “Kwon JiYong’s true colors!”

“Shut up, maknae!!!” Gdragon scolded jokingly and the two started bickering. Rio turned her head away from him and proceeded to hook her arms with the two Seunghyuns’ arms and led them to the set. “But seriously, the clothes are daebak!!” She said as she played with the flower details on the dress she was currently wearing:

She stopped walking and peeked at Gdragon who was walking slowly behind them, pretending to be mad at her with his arms crossed against his chest. “Oppaaa, aren’t you going with us?” She grinned and he sighed as he linked his arms with hers, pushing Seungri away to the side.

Break

Rio sat on the couch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter