I'm not a Seoul native!

I Like You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rio ran quickly to the bus terminal.

As soon as she learnt of the news that Big Bang was at Hongdae, she quickly dressed herself and ran out of her hotel.

"This is it! This is it!" She kept repeating as she ran to the bus station.

She wasn’t a crazy fan girl wanting to see Big bang--she was a fan, yes, but she idolized their music so much that she realized that music wasn’t just a hobby for her, it was a passion—and right now, the place she wanted to learn more about it was South Korea, where the music industry’s booming and a multitude of styles were being introduced.

She wanted to be a composer—writing meaningful lyrics alongside a colorful and beautiful harmony was what she wanted to do. But she never really thought that it was something she could pursue. Law, medicine, architecture, engineering, management... These were the good choices to secure one's future. And she believed that investing in music so much was a big gamble. But a couple of listens to Big Bang’s song “Lies” back in 2007 made her want to know what kind of person had written it… Gdragon. She started looking up his lyrics, his work ethics and eventually, she was opened to the world of Kpop. That colorful, colorful world. She didn't want to sound shallow, but she's never seen anyone love music like Gdragon-- well anyone alive, that is. Now that she's in Korea and he's somewhere in Hongdae, she was determined to ask him one thing: For her to be his student!

She pumped her fists mightily into the air and looked up to the sky (or the bus' ceiling), causing people to stare at her weirdly.

She rushed to get off at the bus stop and ran to President Yang’s club. But where was it? Damn!! She wasn’t a Seoul native and yet she didn’t even try to google map the place. She frustratedly blew on her bangs. Where should she go? This was Hongdae right? Wait… President Yang’s club was in Hongdae right? Her lips quivered. She was too excited to even think logically. She was lost.

She turned to the corner of the street. She saw a convenience store. It was no 7/11 but it’ll do! She coolly picked up a pack of gum and went to the counter. She cleared .

“Chokyeo—“ She said, testing her Korean skills. “Do you know where Hongdae is? Where President Yang Hyun Suk’s club is?” She asked as she paid for the gum. The clerk leaned in.

“Excuse me, are you an idol?” He asked-- blinking at the pretty girl in front of him. She frowned, not understanding anything he said other than, ‘Excuse me’. She sighed and smiled.

“Umm, I guess you don’t know.” She grabbed the gum. “Thanks anyway.” She turned around and bumped into a tall, young looking, skinny boy with blonde hair. “Oh, sorry.” She said as she looked up. He looked so cute. "I wasn't looking."

“Ani, it’s okay.” He said shyly and she nodded.

“Here! Grape juice. That’s for PD-nim.” A handsome boy with brown hair followed the tall boy to the counter. "He can have grape juice, I hate it. Kekeke" He laughed and the tall boy nodded as he smiled.

"Okay hyung."

She shrugged and tapped on the older boy's shoulder.

“Excuse me—“ She began to ask the question again.

He smiled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head. “We’re not Seoul natives either so we don’t know. Sorry!” She smiled at him. He had a slight Busan accent that she found charming.

“No, it’s okay.” She laughed. “Sorry for bothering you. Thanks anyway! Take care!” She said as she bade them goodbye. They looked awfully familiar though—where had she seen them? Were they idols? They were wearing nice clothes and their hair were styled nicely.

"They must be trainees? No, new idols? Ahh!" She shook her head. "CONCENTRATE, RIO!"


She didn’t notice the cameras outside and headed on to ask for directions.

----

YG FAMILY PARTY

 

He eyed the girl who just came inside the place wearing a black hoodie on top of a colourful dress with black booties and minimal make-up.

Why would she go to a party with a lot of stars dressed up so coolly and so laid back? But she was pretty... Was she Se7en hyung's friend? Or Gummy noona's dongsaeng? He shrugged his thoughts off. She looked so much younger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter