My Shadow

{HIATUS} Through My Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee POV

I take one look around the deserted hallway before slipping into practice room B. I shut the door and make sure I hear the lock click before walking into the girls change room. I set my bag down and pulled out my black hoodie, loose harem pants, and high tops to change into.

    

(a/n Ailee has a lot of dance clothes hehe ^^;;)

I make my way back into the practice room and connect my iPod to the stereo in the corner of the room. I scroll through my playlist and choose a random dub step song to warm up to. I start popping and locking to the beat and after a few minutes I’m already beginning to drip with sweat. I grab my water bottle and lean against the ballet bars. I close my eyes and lean my head back to rest for a minute or two.

It’s already been about a week since I started going to Seoul Arts High school. The f(x) girls have been really nice and friendly to me and helped me get adjusted to school life here in Seoul. I never had many real friends in Canada, so this kind of friendship is really new to me. A smile forms on my face as I remember how well I’ve gotten to know f(x) over these past few days. I learned how Amber and Sulli are the more….. quirkier ones of the group and how Krystal and Luna balance them out by being the more calm and rational ones. On the other hand, Victoria is the protective umma of f(x) and wouldn’t hesitate giving someone a severe (excuse the language) a** whooping if they hurt any of the girls.

*True friends like the f(x) girls are hard to come by these days*

F(x) aren’t the only ones I’ve grown close to though. I got to know EXO more too. After looking past all that “swag”, “flashiness”, and male bravado, I realized that they were all just a bunch of kids. Sehun and Tao are what I call “aegyo killers”. I swear if those boys “buing buing~” me again I’m going to faint. Suho, D.O, and Lay are the responsible ones aka “the umma and appa” of EXO, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Luhan are the pranksters/most smiley members, and Chen and Kai are just shamelessly flirty. As for Kris…… He’s just cold, but I know he is a warm underneath his poker face. I just don’t know why he seems to have shut me out though.

~A few days ago~

“Hey Ailee are you sure you don’t need help with your dance assignment? You know I’m happy to oblige.” Amber asks while I turn on my laptop.

“I appreciate the offer Amber, but I want to try and challenge myself a little. I know dancing isn’t my forte, but I can always improve right?” I say while giving her a small smile.

“……Alright then, but when you rage quit I’ll be there to calm you down.” Amber says while patting my shoulder.

“Arasso Arasso..... Go enjoy your lunch with the rest of the girls. Tell them I’m sorry that I’m missing lunch for a few days to work on my dance okay?” I say while waving her off to go to lunch.

“I got it. Remember to eat something! Your health should be your top priority okay?” She says before getting up and heading to the door.

“Don’t worry llama you’ll get wrinkles for worrying so much. I’ll be fine.” I say while waving goodbye.

“Fighting!” she shouts and makes a small fist before heading down the hallway to lunch.

After Amber left, I log in to my laptop and open up Google chrome.

*First things first. I have to decide on a dance to learn*

Okay so choreographing my own is definitely out considering I can’t dance well. My best bet would probably be to cover someone else’s dance that way I’ll at least have something to learn from and refer to.

*What dance should I do though?*

I open up YouTube and rest my chin on my hand while thinking.

*I might as well look up some k-pop dances since I don’t know many artists in the western music industry who dance well*

I start researching and watching tons of videos. All the hallyu idols, mostly the groups anyway, danced in perfect unity. I noticed most of the guy group dances were more intricate and difficult looking whereas most of the girl group dances were focused on nauseating amounts of aegyo and shameless appeal.

Too y.

Too cute.

Too hard.

Too boring.

*God this feels like goldilocks and the three bears… Is there a SINGLE dance that’s decent and can suit me well?!?!*

I was just about to give up after watching ten seconds of Hyuna’s Bubble Pop dance when a video on the side bar caught my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYbdv-hKbQ

*EXO? MAMA? What is this?*

Out of pure curiosity I click the video and wait for it to load up.

*Well I might as well see what all the hype is all about*

As soon as the video loads I hear some powerful chanting?

“Careless, Careless, Shoot Anonymous, Anonymous, Heartless, Mindless, No one who care about me?”

*Um…. Okay?*

Then I see EXO-K bowing and D.O singing in the middle.

“Irheobeorin chae Oemyeonhaneun geot gata Chameul subakke eobseo Nuneul gamjiman~”

*Damn! For someone as quiet and introverted as D.O his singing is so powerful!*

Then the boys start dancing and Kai is dancing in the middle in a shiny red jacket. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at the sight of him.

*That attention ! I hate to admit that that flirt is an awesome dancer though….*

Their choreography is so crisp, sharp, and powerful plus they’re in sync too. After the first chorus is done I notice that EXO-K and EXO-M transition and EXO-M is now on the stage singing in Chinese.

Kris, Tao, and Xiumin start rapping and I focus all my attention o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter