Him Again

{HIATUS} Through My Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ailee….. Wake up Ailee…..You’re going to be late for your first day of school!” my grandma says while lightly shaking my shoulder.

“Mmmm just 10 more minutes” I say as I hug my pillow closer to my body.

"Yah sleepyhead! You have to get you or else you are going to miss the bus!" Halmoni yells as she yanks the covers off my bed.

"Arasso arasso halmoni….." I mumble.

 I reluctantly get up from my bed and head to the bathroom. I splash some cold water on my face to wake up my body, and I look up at the mirror to see my reflection. A stressed out and nervous girl stares back at me.

Today was the day. My first day at Seoul Arts High school. It's one of those super sophisticated and high class high schools that mainly revolve around two types of art, creative and performing. Creative arts included drawing, painting, ceramics, writing, and photography. On the other hand, performing arts consisted of singing, rapping, dancing, playing any sort of instrument, and acting. Students could specialize in either creative or performing arts, but they’re required to take little bits of both. Even though this school heavily concentrates on performing and creative arts, students are still required to take Science, Math, and other core subjects along with it.

After I brushed my teeth and hair, I walked back into my bedroom and saw that halmoni put my school uniform on my bed. There was a black blazer with a white trim, a light blue vest, and a white button down shirt too. The skirt is green, white and black plaid and stopped at mid thigh.

 “Ughh why is the skirt so short!” I groan as I poke at the small piece of fabric that’s actually considered a skirt.

I pull on some black knee socks to cover some skin and lace my favorite pair of black combat boots on my feet to complete the outfit.

  

(Ailee's school uniform and shoes ^^)

I grab my bag and sling my camera around my neck. I turn and look at the time on the clock on my night stand. It read 7:30.

“OH SH**!” I yell as I ran out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

 I grab a piece of toast from the breakfast table and kiss halmoni goodbye on the cheek.

“Have a good day Ailee! Make lots of friends okay?” she yells as I run out the door.

“Arasso halmoni!” I yell over my shoulder.

I sprint for two blocks and manage to make it to the bus just as the doors were about to close.

“Jwesongheyo ahjussi” I say sheepishly and slightly bow.

The driver merely nods and closes the door. I make my way to the back of the bus and sit down by a window. The bus is crowded with ahjummas, ahjussis, and other students from different high schools. I just stare out the window and take in all the sights to see while the bus drives through the Gangnam district. Plastics surgery clinics, cafes, boutiques and other shops are just opening up its doors as we drive by. Thousands of questions are running through my head as we near the school.

*What’s my new school going to be like? Will I be able to make some friends? Will photography be an acceptable course for me to take?*

My thoughts are interrupted as the bus stops near the front gates of Seoul Arts High school. I grab my bag and make my way down the aisle of the bus.

“Annyonghi-kjeseyo ahjussi.” I say as I get off the bus.

The driver nods and closes the door after I leave. I sigh and watch the bus drive away. I turn around and walk through the front gates of the school. Hundreds of students are walking along the path to the school with me, but the main difference is that many arrive in shiny Mercedes Benzes and chauffeured BMWs.

*Wow the students here really have no problem showing off their wealth and status.*

I reach the front steps of the school and look around. The main school building was huge and a large clock tower was in the distance. Glass windows lined the outside walls and many large steps led to the entrance of the school. There was a soccer field on the left of the building and an open field on the right. I stood there in amazement and stared at the school. My camera was already positioned in my hands to take a picture, but before I could click the shutter button I was shoved from behind. I fell forward onto the concrete path, but I was more concerned about my camera. Luckily nothing was scratched and it still worked perfectly.

I stood up and looked behind me to see who pushed me. A group of girls stood with their backs turned behind me spazzing and whispering to each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter