Smile

{HIATUS} Through My Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee POV

“Alright kiddies it’s judgment time. Get your songs ready because I’m choosing randomly~” Mr. Hwang says happily as he walks into the room with a devious grin on his face.

Amber and I finished helping each other stretch and grabbed our iPods to put our songs on standby. I take a deep breath and sigh as I fidget around in my spot trying to calm myself down. I play with a loose thread on the hem of my sleeve and keep running BoA’s movements through my head by memory.

*Okay I have to remember to be fierce...confident. I hope I do BoA justice...*

Amber notices my anxiety and lightly punches my arm to ease the tension.

“Relax Canada~ you’re going to do great. I know how hard you’ve been practicing every day and trust me you’re going to KILL it.” She says while patting my shoulder.

“I know I’ve practiced a lot, but I’m just worried that one mistake will mess it all up. I don’t handle anxiety very well and this is really stressing me out!” I say while sighing and blowing my bangs out of my face in frustration.

“You’ll be FINE. Anyways a trick I do to relax myself on stage is to focus on something. It can be a thought, an object, a person....anything. Just dance for it. Pour all of your feelings out for it.” She says while smiling slightly.

“Okay...Thanks for the tip Llama.” I say and smile gratefully at her.

Just then I see Luhan, Kai, Chen, Lay and Kris stroll into class late. Mr. Hwang was too busy fumbling with the stereo to even lecture them. They quickly slip in and out of the change room in a matter of minutes and walk over to the side of the room to help each other stretch. Lay sees me looking at them and waves and smiles showing off his dimples. I wave back and make a small hwaiting sign to wish him luck. He does the same before turning back to Kai to talk about their dance. I look over and see that Kris was glaring at Lay in disapproval before looking over at me with his usual cold blank stare. I meet his eyes and I hesitantly smile. He ignores my attempt and walks over to Luhan and Chen who were going over dance moves. I sigh in frustration.

*What the hell is his problem?*

“Alright prep time is over! Everyone line up against the back wall. I’ll be calling you up randomly one at a time. First groups, then pairs, and lastly solos. Relax and try your best!” He says and gives everyone a thumbs up.

Everyone walks over to the back wall of the studio and separates into their dance groups. Since Amber and I are both solos, we stand in the corner together. The room becomes silent and tension fills the air. Everyone waits for Mr. Hwang to call the first name.

“First up..... Yoona, Yuri, and Hyoyeon dancing to Britney Spear’s Circus and Katy Perry’s I Kissed A Girl.” He says.

The three queenkas strut to the middle of the dance floor and get into position. As Mr. Hwang was queuing up their song, Yoona catches my eye in the reflection of the dance mirror. We glare at each other for a few seconds before she sneers and mouths “Watch and learn new girl.” I roll my eyes and turn my attention to Amber.

“Alright girls. Ready?” Mr. Hwang asks.

They all nod and he starts the music.

SNSD- Circus (Britney Spears)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg6FQXXuOc0

They moved in perfect sync. The dance was a mixture of seductive posing, shaking, body rolls, and a lot of fierce hair whipping. The blonde one, Hyoyeon I think, executed an amazing solo and it was pretty obvious that she could dance circles around most people. Although I hate to admit it, they were good. However, I couldn’t help but notice a drastic feeling arrogance when it came to their dancing. It was like they only performed to show off how much better they think they are compared to everyone else. They finished with their signature smirks directed at only me and I gave them my best sickly sweet and incredibly fake smile in response.

Everyone clapped for them as they went back to their spots against the wall and Mr. Hwang smiled appreciatively at them.

“Alright nice job girls that was great. Yuri, you were off a little during the last half. Yoona, make sure your moves are sharp during the chorus. Nice job on the popping during the solo Hyoyeon.” He says while writing notes down on his clipboard.

A couple more groups went after the queenkas, some good and some...not so good. It was pretty clear who the creative and performing arts students were.

“Alright last group to perform will be Luhan, Kris, and Chen dancing to their own song HISTORY. Fan girls please stifle your screams for after their performance is done. I do need to concentrate on grading them.” He says referring to the already spastic fan girls whispering and giggling to their friends in the class. Amber and I rolled our eyes at the sight of them, but pay attention to Luhan, Kris, and Chen as they got into formation in the middle of the dance floor.

“Ready guys?” Mr. Hwang asks after finishing queuing up the music.

“Neh.” They all say in unison.

EXO-M- History Dance Practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99xNWlK9qM0

Their moves are clean, sharp, and powerful, just like in the video I watched on Friday. They definitely danced and performed with a tremendous amount of charisma and passion. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Kris. I rarely got to see him dance or sing back in Canada and I always wondered how he could become an idol if he was so reluctant to sing in front of his childhood friend. But, he managed to do it and now he is even more handsome and charming than before. The girls completely disregarded what Hwang said and were blowing everyone’s eardrums out with their high pitched screams. After they finished, cheers and applause erupted as they went back to their spots against the wall.

“Awesome job guys. Your choreographer has taught you well.” Mr. Hwang says and nods appreciatively.

 “Alright now that groups are done we’re moving onto pairs. First pair will be Kai and Lay dancing to Jay Sean’s Maybe and their own songs My Lady and Two Moons. Again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter