Cold Shoulder

{HIATUS} Through My Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHINee- A-yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78My5jNnUWo

Ailee POV

After that nerve racking dance class and stare down with Kris, Lay and I walked to photography together.

“You, Min Ailee, are amazing! I never knew you could dance like that.” Lay says in awe.

“That’s because I couldn’t before Chips. I sacrificed a week’s worth of lunch times and after school hours to learn that one dance.” I say and shrug a little.

“Now that’s even more impressive.” He says while grinning at me.

“Stop with the flatteryyy~ I’m gonna die from the compliments~” I whine and grimace a little bit.

“Hey! I’m just speaking the truth. Even Hwang seemed impressed and he’s pretty hard to please.” Lay says while raising an eyebrow at my childish behavior.

“Well I’ll be happy if I get picked.” I say and nod quickly.

*It would be pretty cool I guess...*

We both stroll in to class right before the bell rings and take our seats next to each other in the back of the room. I dig around in my bag for my camera and start doing the usual preparations while Ms. Choi was doing attendance. I hear Lay grumbling next to me and I look over my shoulder to see him fumbling with some buttons on his camera.

*Oh Zhang Yi Xing when will you ever learn?*

I laugh at his cluelessness and tap his arm. Lay looks up at me sheepishly before handing over his camera.

“Is it really that obvious that my camera hates me?” He asks while flashing a crooked smile.

“Well I think the grumbling and swearing under your breath gives it away quite efficiently.” I reply while adjusting the flash on his camera.

“Yeah...that too.” He says and watches me closely as I fix his camera.

I hand the camera back to him and explain how to properly adjust the flash to him.

“Uh...okay I think I got it. Thanks.” Lay says while staring at the camera like it was an object from space.

“Don’t stress about it. It takes time to learn about cameras.” I say while placing my hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

“You make it seem so easy though.” He says while slightly grimacing.

“You should’ve seen me back in Canada. I was completely clueless with this camera after Kr-“I begin to say, but I stop mentally wince a little.

*I can’t tell Lay about my childhood friendship with Kris yet. Obviously there must be a reason for Kris’ sudden coldness towards me and I intend to figure what the hell his problem is...*

“After what?” Lay asks in curiosity.

“N-nothing.” I mumble quietly.

I feel him staring at me strangely, but before he could ask anything, Ms. Choi claps for the class’ attention and he’s forced to turn around to face her.

*Thanks for your impeccable timing Ms. Choi!*

“Okay so we’re starting a new project today. I want you to go out into the streets of Seoul and capture your most favorite or treasured place on camera. It has to mean something to you and I’ll be sure to ask every single one of you the reason once you hand it in. Then you must alter the photo in some way. For example, you can make a collage, cut it up and rearrange it, draw designs it’s solely up to you, but you can only use the photo you took. This is a SOLO project, so I’m sorry, but Eunji and Hana you’re on your own.” Ms. Choi says while giving a disapproving glance at the two girls in the front of the room whispering to each other.

They looked up at Ms. Choi and sheepishly nodded before tilting their heads down in embarrassment. The whole class, including Lay and myself, stifled our giggles.

“Rest of the class time can be used to think of what the subject of your photo should be. The project will be due in 2 weeks, so I expect a lot of effort to be put into this!” Ms. Choi says while smiling brightly and looking at everyone individually.

Everyone broke off into separate groups and were chatting about their plans for the project. I look over and see Lay slumping down in his chair looking dejected.

*God Chips...What will you do without me?*

I grin and walk over to his seat. He looks up and his eyes plead for help and guidance. It was SO adorable.

“Alright I’m taking pity on your poor camera, so why don’t we go out together to take pictures for the project? I don’t know my way around Seoul well enough yet and someone needs to keep you from losing or breaking your camera so.....?” I ask.

“Um y-yeah sure. How’s Saturday night? I would go earlier, but EXO has long schedules on the weekends...” Lay says and shrugs his shoulders.

“Yeah Saturday night should be fine! Everything looks different at night, so it might give the photos an interesting feel to it.” I say and smile at him.

“So...it’s a date then?” He asks hesitantly.

“It’s a date.” I reply and laugh at his awkwardness.

A huge smile erupts on his face showing of his shiny white teeth and deep dimples. I couldn’t help, but smile at him smiling. We both grinned like idiots for a few moments before both bursting out in laughter.

*You sure know how to make someone smile Lay...*

As I was walking through the halls towards the cafeteria, I feel a huge tug on my arm and the next thing I know I’m running next to Amber.

“Yah llama! I thought we went over normal greetings already! What gives!?” I yell at her while she’s still pulling me through the halls.

“No can do Canada! Hwang sent me to get you and when Hwang wants someone he wants them QUICK, so run girl run!” Amber says and pulls my arm even harder then before.

“Alright alright! But, I think you’re on the verge of popping my shoulder out of its socket, so WILL YOU STOP PULLING ME? THIS ISN’T TUG OF WAR!” I yell at her.

Amber realizes how hard she’s been pulling and quickly lets go.

“Much better.” I say while slowly rolling my shoulder.

We run through the halls until we reach Practice Room B and practically burst int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter