The Boy In the Blue Beanie

{HIATUS} Through My Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee POV

*What the hell just happened???*

I bite my lip and close my eyes to stop the tears from flowing. I cover my face with a curtain of my wavy hair and turn my head away from Amber, so she doesn’t see my almost sob.

*I know he remembers me…… It was easily read on his face, but why was he so…… cold?*

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn around to meet Amber’s concerned, but kind expression.

“Ummm, Ailee I know we just met and everything and I have no right to pry into your personal life, but how do you know the leader of EXO-M?” Amber asks hesitantly.

“He’s the leader?” I ask and my brows furrow in confusion.

“Yeah haven’t you heard of EXO? They’re technically split into two sub-groups, EXO-K and EXO-M.” Amber says.

“K….. for Korean and M for Mandarin?” I ask taking a guess.

“Bingo.” Amber says while nodding in approval.

“Oh I see….” I mumble and look down at my shoes.

*Well we never really kept in touch after he moved, so how would I know right?*

“Anyways….How well do you know each other?” Amber asks while suggestively nudging my arm with her elbow.

I uncomfortably shuffle in my spot and avoid making eye contact with Amber.

*Should I tell her? We just met though……*

Suddenly, the bell rings and we’re still awkwardly standing outside of practice room B.

“Ugh, fine Min Ailee  you may have avoided my question this time, but I’ll figure it out sooner or later whether you decide to tell me or not.” Amber says in a playful singsong voice.

I laugh at her “threat” that’s surprisingly witty and Amber grins while pulling me into the dance studio. Students who are lined up against the wall look at us when we enter and the teacher looks up from his attendance sheet.

“Ahh Ms.Liu I see you’ve decided to grace us with your presence however tardiness isn’t appreciated in my class.” the teacher says while deeply sighing as if he’s given this speech a million times.

“Yeah, yeah well this isn’t like all those other times Mr. Hwang. I’ve been showing our new student around and we were let out a little late from first period because she had to get some class work.” Amber says while shrugging her shoulders.

Mr. Hwang turns to acknowledge me and I shift uncomfortably under his disapproving gaze.

“Well Ms…...” He asks.

“Ailee sir, Min Ailee.” I reply quickly.

“Well Ailee I hope you don’t follow Amber’s poor example of punctuality. I know it’s your first day here so I’ll let you off this time, but you should know that I can tolerate a lot of things except for tardiness without a legitimate reason. Is that clear?” Mr. Hwang asks sternly.

“Crystal.” I say while slowly nodding my head.

“Alright then girls, go to the change rooms and quickly change into your dance attire for class. I’ll give you five minutes to do so.” He says while turning his attention back to his attendance clip board.

Amber and I make our way to the girls’ change rooms on the right side of the practice room and we choose lockers to put our bags and uniforms in.

“Did you remember to bring some clothes to dance in? I always have some extras just in case if you need it.” Amber asks while she’s in the middle of changing.

“Yeah I remembered to bring some, but thanks for the offer Amber.” I reply as I rummage through my bag.

I took some time at home choosing my clothes for dance and just decided to go with loose and comfortable. I strip off my uniform and pull on my stripped dolman shirt and a pair of comfy sweat pants. I unlace my combat boots and pull on a pair of blue converse sneakers that halmoni bought for me when we went shopping together. Lastly, I tie my hair into a low side ponytail to complete my “dance outfit”.

     

(a/n Ailee’s dance clothes. Her hair is exactly like the ponytail in the photo of the shirt ^^)

I walk over to one of the mirrors in the change room and carefully stare at my reflection.

*Well at least I look okay, but I really CAN’T dance that well*

Suddenly, I feel two hands on my shoulders and I jump from the shock.

“Hey Canada are you coming or what?” Amber asks playfully poking my back.

“Yeah llama, I was just….. gathering my thoughts” I reply meekly.

“Don’t worry Ailee you’ll be FINE plus I’ll be there to make sure of that. It’s really not as bad as you think!” Amber says attempting to reassure me.

“Thanks Amber.” I say and smile at her.

We link arms and walk out of the change rooms into the studio. Mr. Hwang just finished taking attendance and stood in the middle of the studio.

“Well thank you for joining us ladies. Ailee, why don’t you come and introduce yourself to the rest of the class?” Mr. Hwang asks while gesturing towards me.

I feel 20 pairs of eyes stare at me as I awkwardly walk to the middle of the room.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Min Ailee-imnida. I’m a half Chinese and half Korean seventeen year old girl from Toronto, Canada. Umm I’m trilingual and I don’t think I have much talent when it comes to dancing. Please take of me in the future!” I say and politely bow.

My classmates clap in approval as I take a seat on the floor next to Amber. She smiles and pats my shoulder in reassurance. Mr. Hwang takes his place in the middle of the room and nods in my direction.

“Well I welcome you to Seoul Arts High School Ailee. I hope you’ll enjoy your time here.” He says while smiling sincerely at me.

“Okay so as most of you probably know before summer break starts we have an annual school festival.” Mr. Hwang says.

*Oh cool I’ve never been to an actual school festival before……unless k-dramas count.*

“Every dance class must choose a select group of students to perform in the talent show. Similar to a showcase I guess, so I need to evaluate each and every one of your dancing abilities to choose that select group.”  He explains while carefully looking at every one of my classmates.

*……… Please tell me this isn’t required……..*

I hear groans erupt from half of my classmates, who I’m assuming are the creative arts students, but Mr. Hwang quickly silences the.

“Hey,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter