It Wasn't Supposed to be This Way

Equivalent Exchange

Kyu Jong rushed from work when he heard the news.  He couldn't believe this was happening.  After all this time?

He ran into the hospital room to find Jung Min crying and holding Hyung Jun's hand tightly.   Nurses were all gathered in the room attending to the situation and trying to remove Jung Min's hands from Hyung Jun's.  Eungi was crying in Park Umma's arms while she looked at the scene surprised.

Jung Min cried out when his hands were pried from the other hand he was holding so desperately onto and yelled, "no this isn't how it was supposed to be! You were supposed to forgive me and tell me you love me and that everything was going to be okay now! Why... oh god..." Kyu Jong rushed over to his side and picked him up from the floor to get him out of the room.

Jung Min's mom followed behind with Eungi still crying in her arms.  Everything had become so chaotic in the last hour.  Soon, Kibum and Kim Mama were running up.  They both looked to Jung Min who was still crying and then looked frightened to Kyu Jong and Jung Min's mother, "is it really true?"  They both nodded in response.

They ran into the room where the nurses were attending to Hyung Jun.  Kim Mama bust out into tears of joy and smiled brightly, "my son is awake."  Hyung Jun looked up from the bed and smiled to her, "oh umma.. you are here?" He seemed a bit confused and looked over his shoulder confused at Kibum.  "Kibum?" Kibum smiled and nodded, "yeh Hyung I'm here."

Hyung Jun smiled and hugged both of them tightly, "but why do you two look older.. the nurses said I was in a coma... for how long?" Both of them looked at him confused before Kim Mama spoke up, "You've been in a coma for three months Junnie.."  Hyung Jun's eyes furrowed, "but then.. why does Kibum look so much older? I barely recognized him..."

The Doctor cut in at that moment, "may I talk to you outside?"  They both nodded with confused looks on their faces and walked out with you.  "Your son doesn't have recollection of times after around the age of 16.  It should only be temporary, but in the mean time you will have to take care of him.  He doesn't really remember his husband and what he does remember of him isn't enough to recall their love.  He was very startled by him and the baby actually..."

The both nodded and then Kibum responded, "should we explain it to him about the memory loss or will it be better you tell him"  The doctor shook his head, "its better to hear it from someone he recognizes." The both let out a sigh and went back into the room, "hyung! We have something to tell you."  The nurses moved out of the way since they mostly had everything situated and he was no longer placed under life support.  They both sat down at the chairs and Kim Mama held Hyung Jun's hand gently.

Hyung Jun smiled sweetly and looked at them, "whats up?" She smiled at how lovely it was to hear her son's voice again and see his smile, "well the doctor says that you have memory loss, its only temporary, but that you can't remember faces from around the age of 16." He blinked a bit confused, "wait... how old am I? Why is this an issue?" She moved his hand to kiss it gently and rubbed his hand, "you are 10 years older than that.."

His jaw dropped and he looked at her shocked, "are you serious? Is that why that manager was crying? Do I know him?"  Kibum had to hold back a snicker at that remark, it seemed like nothing ever changed about his attitude towards Jung Min.  "Eung.. he is your husband."

Hyung Jun just busted out laughing and looked around, "where is the camera's umma? You are joking with me now aren't you.." He continued to laugh.  Both Kibum and her looked to each other sadly.

Jung Min could hear the laughter from the hallway and went to go into the room again before being pulled back by Kyu Jong, "you heard what the doctor said Jung Min! He doesn't remember us.." Kyu Jong swallowed slowly, that hurt him to say more than anything.  Hyung Jun was his brother and he couldn't even remember him. 

He couldn't imagine what Jung Min could be going through.  After all this waiting and to finally see him awake and -- to not even be remembered? He sighed and pulled Jung Min into a hug.  He could feel his shoulder getting wet from the tears while rubbing his back.  He was convinced before that when Hyung Jun would wake up, everything would be okay.  He would have both his brothers back happy and back to normal.  But it only seemed worse.  Because now, would they even get to see him?  And those unintentional hurtful words about not remembering us.

It was a selfish thought that he kicked from his mind while hugging Jung Min.  "Jung Min.. he is awake and the doctor said it was temporary..." Jung Min pushed away and glared at Kyu Jong before yelling, "but for how long?" His voice full of despair; he was practically yelling at the top of his lungs.  "Maybe in that time he will find someone else and decide when he gets his memory back that he loves that person more! What if that happens? What then?"

"What then?" Jung Min fell to the floor in a mess of tears.

It was obvious the idea of losing his love with Hyung Jun and having to watch from the side lines would break his heart.  It would break anyone's heart.  But Jung Min would still love Hyung Jun until the day he died, as he had promised that day when they got married.

Jung Min sniffed and looked at the rings on his hand, his hand moved to the shape of the moon and let a tear fall to it, "Please remain my moonlight...or else I will never sleep."