This house

Equivalent Exchange

Jung Min heard the knock at his door.  He thought it was really odd, why wasn't this person using the doorbell? He got up from his chair and walked towards the door.  He knew not who was on the other side, but he was a bit weary.  He called through the door while slipping his shoes on, "who is it?" There was no response because on the other side of that door was a frozen Hyung Jun, unsure with himself and Jung Min's reaction.  Jung Min pressed the button to see outside and was shocked to see in the screen a rain drenched Hyung Jun standing pathetically still in the rain.

He opened the door immediately and looked at him incredulously, "are you crazy? where is your umbrella? What the hell are you doing here? You are soaked! Where is your car? Did you even think? What the-"  Hyung Jun lunged forward and grabbed Jung Min's cheeks expecting it to be like out of a drama, but Jung Min suddenly pulled away and pushed him away, "you are crazy! I don't know what you are thinking coming over here like this, but this is not okay."

Hyung Jun stood a bit and then nodded sadly, "I'm sorry... I don't mean just for this.  I mean for everything, for driving off that night, for forgetting you, for ignoring you, for abandoning you and Eungi.  I'm sorry, I hurt you so much and.... I was a fool.  I ran away from the feelings I felt for you... but these memories I have... Jung Min, I remember everything.  I remember our love. I remember your touch and lips and I'm not afraid of it.  I know it is right for me and I want you back."

During this whole declaration, Jung Min stood doubtfully staring at Hyung Jun, all of this was too good to be true.  Jung Min had dreamed about this day many times, but when reality hit, nothing played out the way he suspected.  It wasn't Hyung Jun's part that was not playing out correctly, but instead his own.  Jung Min thought he would embrace Hyung Jun immediately, but instead he felt fear and distrust.  He had felt on too many occassions his trust betrayed when he tried to give it away once again.  He was tired and wasn't sure if he was willing to start all over again after all the pain.  He was only just starting to let go and become himself again.  Or so he had at least thought. 

Hyung Jun stood there in the rain still, waiting and hoping.  There was silence between the two.  Jung Min had no words because he did not know how to feel.  Happy? Sad? Love? Hate? Trust? Skepticism? Too much had happened in the last year and he couldn't just react like nothing had changed in just a few seconds.  "Say something!" Hyung Jun cried out desperately.  He couldn't handle this silence when he so desperately needed to hear things could be the same again. 

Jung Min kept quiet for a few seconds longer, "I'm sorry... Hyung Jun, I can't forgive you so easily.  It is hard to trust your words.  It is hard to not be afraid of things you say. We have been separated for so long now, that I don't think we could just pick things up and try again.  I was hurt, while you were playing with other people I was waiting, hoping and finding myself hurt.  This isn't so easy as you may hope."

Jung Min began to close the door but Hyung Jun put his hand in the door, "I can't accept just that, promise we can try and start over again. I felt whole when I was with you.  You are a wonderful person, I love you and I don't ever want you to doubt it again.  I love you Park Jung Min.  I love you until the ends of the universe.  Please be my sun again."

Jung Min felt a pang in his heart at his words.  But he couldn't.  He wouldn't.  Not just for himself, but for Eungi who needed a parent.  "No Hyung Jun.  We lost our chance. I have to take care of Eungi.  I've neglected her and I'm only just now fixing things." Hyung Jun interrupted, "we can raise her together like we were going to before the accident.  This cannot be the end. We are meant to be."

Jung Min snapped, "If we were meant to be then how come you found someone else and then eventually dropped contact all together?  If we were meant to be, your heart would never have waivered.  I wouldn't have ed that lawyer.  I wouldn't have considered ending my life because of you.  At that Christmas party you would have kept me in your arms and never disappeared.  No, I'm moving on.  I will cherish the memories, learn from them, but you Kim Hyung Jun have caused me too much pain.  Please leave."

Hyung Jun was stunned, he never once expected that he would have been cast out.  He truly believed their love was something that could endure the test of time.  He expected they would have kissed, melted into each others arms and everything bad would have been forgotten.  They would be a family again. "Please..." He pleaded in the most desperate tone, but he was only faced with a door closing in his face.  He stood there letting the rain fall down on him.  The water running down his back felt like a river and he did not even know how to feel anymore. He stood there for a while, unable to cry because the pain was more than he could handle and it was too unbelievable.

On the other side, Jung Min had shuffled a few steps before collapsing to the ground.  His heart was in pain.  He couldn't breathe once more and he was so stressed out from sending him away and all the emotions that flowed through him.  It felt almost like the day he had seen Hyung Jun smiling with Ji Min.  He felt the black seeping into his vision, but he wouldn't let it control him.  He stood and made it to the living room where he sat and just stared at nothing while his mind wandered in thought.  He thought about whether he should let him back into his life.  He didn't think it could be the same and there would always be pain.

Hyung Jun eventually shuffled away, walking slowly back home in the rain.  Car drove by, splashing him with water more, but he didn't notice nor care.  His mind was repeating Jung Min's words over and over.  Tears silently fell from his face.  He knew he had messed things up and now he had no clue how to fix them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: Sorry for not updating in a LONG time.  I only got back from Korea a month ago.  I had to also work up the courage to write a new chapter. 

p.s. to avoid any confusion I will put an author note to let you know when it is completed beause apparently asianfanfics wants me to be done with this story.  It marked complete on its own and once I saw comments I went and unmarked it. 

Don't worry this is not the end