It takes one step

Equivalent Exchange

    Jung Min's umma felt a pit in her stomach, something felt wrong, very wrong.  She did not know it then, but it was her mother's intuition.  Her precious baby was being pushed over the edge with negative emotions and the connection she had with her son pushed her into a heightened state of worry.   She immediately picked up her phone and began to call Jung Min and was greeted by the familiar voicemail.  She sighed and called once more before giving up on Jung Min's phone and then called Kyu Jong, "have you seen my son today?"

Kyu Jong answer the phone respectfully and then replied, "The last I had seen of him, he told me he was going to the court house to have his divorce papers drawn up."  He sighed at the reality that it would be for real that his favorite couple would no longer be.  Jung Min's umma sighed, "well... that I guess explains why I feel so worried about him.  I've been trying to get ahold of him.  I'm going to go leave him a voicemail for now.  But do you think... that you could find him?"

Kyu Jong smiled and nodded, "yes I think I can.  I'll go looking for him at his lawyers office.  I'm sure he is still there. Goodbye." He hung up the phone and went to hop into his car and drove downtown to find Jung Min, he was only mildly worried, since Jung Min had told him his plans.  But when he got there, he spoke with Jung Min's lawyer's secretary and said he had walked out about 2 hours ago looking a bit shaken.  Kyu Jong bit his lip and asked if he could talk to the lawyer to perhaps get an idea of where he had gone.

She allowed him back to his office and walked in, "hello sir, I have a few questions regarding Park Jung Min, your client."  His lawyer suddenly began to get defensive, "I have nothing to say about him.  You need to leave."  Kyu Jong looked perplexed, "wait wait..." The lawyer was getting up to him out the room at that moment, "no.. I'm his guardian right now while he isn't in a good state and well, his daughter's god father."  The lawyer narrowed his eyes and then nodded in realization, "sorry, I can't be too careful. But I recognize you now... Kyu Jong right?"  Kyu Jong smiled and nodded, "I was just wondering if I could get an idea of where he went.  He hasn't returned home and he isn't answering his phone."

The lawyer scoffed in brief annoyance and muttered to himself, "he acts like it was terrible." He put on an act once more and smiled, "no he left a while ago without a word really.  He just told me he wanted most everything to be given to Hyung Jun and then..." He paused and smirked to himself, "He left quietly.  I don't know what else to tell you."  Kyu Jong looked at him a bit skeptically because he seemed a bit slimy, "oh.. okay.. I guess I'll look elsewhere."

He left and began driving around to place he thought he might be.  He appeared at Jung Min's studio, he wasn't there and in fact they told him they had not seen Jung Min in days.  He sighed while thinking, the thought came to him that if he was Hyung Jun he would probably find him immediately, well Hyung Jun before the crash.  He sighed.  In reality it probably would have been even hard for Hyung Jun with his memories, but not impossible.  He had gone to the place that was where he had once celebrated an anniversary with Hyung Jun.  It was far out of town and a bit secluded, just like he had wanted to be, just how he had felt.

Kyu Jong sighed, as much as he loved Jung Min, he would not be able to keep this up.  Taking care of Eungi was hard enough, but Jung Min as well?  He had his military service he needed to get back to.  It had been a few hour before he finally gave up and just went to see Hyung Jun.  While he was there, Hyung Jun looked a little tired and under the weather.  "Hey Jjunnie... what's wrong?" Hyung Jun shook his head, "Jimin.. we have been fighting lately. "

Kyu Jong was surprised he had never once seen Jung Min and Hyung Jun fight, well not seriously.  Well once, yes, over something petty, but it was actually not a fight between them in reality because it was just Hyung Jun taking out his stress on Jung Min over a petty argument.  Which though Jung Min was upset and annoyed, he had immediately forgiven Hyung Jun because he could see he was hurting far worse.  This was their relationship.  And that is why Kyu Jong had loved them together so much, they just completed each other.  

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that." On his way over he had picked Eungi up from the daycare and she was beginning to get restless in his arms.  "Can I hold her?" Kyu Jong smiled and nodded before handing her over to Hyung Jun.  Hyung Jun smiled brightly and lifted her gently before holding her in his arms and chuckled at her cute smile, "aigoo.. you are just the cutest thing I have seen."       

Hyung Jun did not tell Kyu Jong, but it was because of Eungi that he had been arguing with Jimin.  Hyung Jun had felt a bond and familiarity with Eungi that he could not forget and when he had brought it up to her she had begun to get defensive.  She had heard the stories and she was afraid that she was being replaced.  Which sadly, was only pushing Hyung Jun further away.  Not that he was replacing her, she was the replacement after all, even though neither of them knew that.

Suddenly Hyung Jun's phone began to ring and he picked it up, it was Jung Min, seconds away from his death.  Hyung Jun was about to be the last person to hear his voice.