If it should divide us, what should I do?

Equivalent Exchange

It had been a while since anybody had really spent any time with Hyung Jun.  Since the party actually.  No one expected him to be in their life anymore and he had moved on to pretty much just be an actor now.

Jung Min had been working on promoting his new music and working out ways to promote his upcoming album.  That day he was at a broadcasting company talking with coordinators and managers of popular idol shows. 

While he was there he had run into a friend from before that was telling him about their toddler's crazy actions which, with a child Jung Min really enjoyed and found entertainment from hearing.

Around that same moment, Hyung Jun was walking through the same  broadcasting station when he saw Jung Min in a way that made his heart skip.  There was Jung Min, smiling brightly and laughing.  His heart made a joyful skip, a feeling that he had forgotten how wonderful it was.  His hand clutched at his heart and looked at Jung Min and to him it suddenly felt like a flood of emotions and memories hitting him like a tsunami.

Hyung Jun slid to the ground, unable to really stand because his brain was suddenly overloading him with so much information.  He stared blankly as memories of Jung Min's smiling much more genuinely flashed over and over in his mind but with a thousand different hairstyles. 

Memories of kissing Jung Min, holding him, falling asleep every night next to him, even making love to him filled his mind and he smiled.  A life of happiness that he had enjoyed, those memories returned to him.  They were precious memories and he was absentmindedly sitting on the ground with a smile and tears of joy falling down his cheeks.

But after all the memories he had lost returned to him, he suddenly recalled all the sad, gaunt faces of Jung Min, the many times he had hurt him. He looked up to see Jung Min, completely unaware that Hyung Jun was in a brief walking distance from him.  He still didn't look as happy as his memories revealed to him, like there was a hole in his heart.  Just like there had been in Hyung Jun's. 

Hyung Jun stood up and his feelings of shame by the way he had treated his beloved husband caused him to retreat away.  He knew that is what he had been doing all along while he had none of those memories, but at that moment, he needed to recollect himself.

He went home as quick as possible and locked himself in his bedroom of his mom's apartment while staring up at the ceiling blankly.  He had realized all of his screw ups.  Every moment he had hurt Jung Min.  He laid there silently with tears rolling down his face and emotions of despair and loneliness swirling in his heart.

He felt how much he missed Jung Min.  He realized how much his whole self had been crying out to be with Jung Min even without his memories.  He placed the back of his palm over his eyes and mumbled, "you damn fool," to himself. 

He stared for a while contemplating how this situation could be fixed before suddenly jumping out of bed.  He didn't bother with changing his clothes.  He barely even had his shoes properly on.  He hadn't forgotten his keys and he was already running out the door, directly towards where Jung Min's home was, which used to be his as well.

As he was running haphazardly towards Jung Min's home, rain began to pour.  He was soaked.  Hyung Jun ran through the streets with little care towards his looks or his image, at that moment it was about regaining the love of his life, his soul mate.

He stood in front of the house, looking at it as he tried to gain the courage to even knock on the door.  The water poured and he clinched his fists.  His breathing was heavy after running what might have been over a mile.

He picked up one foot towards the door.  It felt like an anvil that anchored him down to the ground.  Each foot step was so heavy as he approached the door.  He was afraid that Jung Min wouldn't accept him after all the pain he had caused.  He was afraid that Jung Min might have completely had moved on by then.  He was afraid that everything was too late for them.

His hand raised to knock on the door. What was waiting on the other side of the door for him, acceptance or rejection?