May it Be

Equivalent Exchange

Hyung Jun rang the doorbell while trying to awkwardly hold an armful of baby toys and clothes he had brought with him.  He was going to visit Eungi again.  With Jung Min's supervision of course.  Hyung Jun bounced in when Jung Min opened the door and he waited for Jung Min to show him where she was.  "Eungi-yah, guess who is here!" Eungi looked up with her big eyes and made a happy squeal while holding her arms up.  Hyung Jun smiled and set the stuff down before swooping her up in his arms and kissing her cheeks, "did you miss me?"

Jung Min watched them for a bit, "what is all that you brought?" Hyung Jun looked over to the pile of stuff he brought, "just some gifts for this cute girl." He smiled and kissed her cheek before plopping down, "I brought her a bunch of toys and some baby clothes."  He set Eungi down in front of the toys and she started going through them and finding stuff.  Being new to babies, Hyung Jun had just brought any toy he could find at home.  Some of which, were not safe to be around babies.  Eungi quickly found the most unsafe piece and started to hold it up to and Jung Min's eyes widened and ran over to grab it from her hand, causing her to cry.  Suddenly Jung Min began to yell at Hyung Jun, "YAH, KIM HYUNG JUN! Are you stupid? She's not even a toddler! She could easily swallow this and choke! She could die!"

Hyung Jun looked surprised and also felt a tinge of guilt hit him when he realized he could have hurt Eungi,"I... didn't mean ..." Jung Min glared and picked her up, "take your stuff and leave. You are clearly not capable of taking care of Eungi.  No you aren't even capable to just play with her.  If I wasn't watching her, she could have choked! I can't even trust you for one minute!"

Hyung Jun swallowed back his fear, sadness and hurt from both putting Eungi in danger and getting yelled at by Jung Min.  He couldn't keep it in for long because his eyes were getting red from the restraint of the tears that wanted to come out.  His voice trembled while he picked up the stuff and got up, "I.. I'm sorry.  I didn't know.. I was just trying to bring her something to play with... I..." Jung Min glared and yelled so loudly that it pierced Hyung Jun's soul and made him wince, "GET OUT!"

Hyung Jun walked quickly out to the door and ran outside.  But he did not return to his car instead he trembled before dropping one of the toys in his hand and then as he leaned over to grab it, everything tumbled from his hands and littered the ground with the items he had brought.  He bit his lip while still trying to resist the urge to cry, "come on Hyung Jun, you are a man now. " A single tear dripped down his cheek and he wiped it away and sniffled while picking up the stuff with still trembling hands.  

When Hyung Jun walked out Eungi began to cry even louder and Jung Min tried to calm her by holding her close and rested his head gently on top of hers while bouncing hers.  He felt guilt for yelling at Hyung Jun and suddenly the memories of that day came back to him and he began to cry while rocking Eungi.  Just as before, he had pushed Hyung Jun away because of Eungi.  "Hyung Jun... mianhae.."

He sighed and walked to the door and opened it to see Hyung Jun still fumbling with the stuff.  He took a deep breath and then gently put a hand on Hyung Jun's back causing Hyung Jun to jump a bit and just spill the stuff all over again before just standing up abruptly and looking at Jung Min, "I'm sorry I snapped... I just... " He looked at Eungi and her hair, "she is..."

He tried to search for the word to describe her.  To him she was the only reason he was still in this world.  Why he hadn't given up months ago. She kept him sane; She kept him tethered to this world;  She — was the only reason he hadn't killed himself that day.   And he believed, Eungi was the only reason Hyung Jun still remained in his life.  

"She is my little moon." Hyung Jun looked up at him; something about this felt familiar, "moon?"  The reason it seemed familiar because as a couple they always had said they were  the sun and moon.  Hyung Jun was the moon and Jung Min was the sun since he shined the brightest when there was his moon loving and supporting him.  "Neh.." Hyung Jun blinked and looked at Eungi, "where is your sun little moon, so that you can shine brightly?" Jung Min swallowed to hold back the emotions at hearing Hyung Jun say that and he whispered to himself, "burned out..."

"Hmm?" Hyung Jun looked at him curiously and then suddenly realized, "oh um.. this stuff.. your porch is a mess. I just..." he turned and started picking things up, "I'll just take these home now." Jung Min grabbed his arm, "you can stay, just put the stuff in your trunk or something."  Hyung Jun froze slightly at Jung Min's touch, it still scared him a bit, but his hands were so soft and seemed so gentle despite the anger that he had witnessed earlier. "Alright." He walked off to his silly fancy car and dropped the toys into the trunk but kept the clothes in his hands, "here.  This is for her."

There was a bunch of green and non-pink colors.  Jung Min smiled and walked inside.  The colors were so like Hyung Jun; before Eungi was born he had insisted that they wouldn't overload her with pink and that she could choose her own favorite color.  Even though he always leaned towards green because she was their little green pea.  

Hyung Jun spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Eungi until Kyu Jong got home.  Jung Min watched a bit peacefully, imagining this is what life would have been like without the car crash and this was enough for him for now.  He eventually got comfortable enough to nap and Hyung Jun had noticed.  When he looked at Jung Min sleeping, he smiled and without realizing, was beginning to admire his beauty.