Perhaps it wasn't meant to be

Equivalent Exchange

 Jung Min could suddenly hear a voice in the background, "is that Jung Min? Let me talk to him." It was Kyu Jong, "what are you doing?" Jung Min paused and put his foot down, "I..." Kyu Jong spoke up, "Your mom has been trying to get ahold of you and called me earlier.  I've been running around all over the place trying to find you! Where have you been?"

Jung Min made an unsure sound and cracked while he spoke, "I ... went to see my lawyer."  Eungi made a few sounds and snapped Jung Min back into reality, "is Eungi there?"  Kyu Jong spoke up, "Yes she is, she is getting a bit fussy since you aren't here.   Yah, it shouldn't have taken you that long to go see your lawyer, besides I stopped by there earlier and he said you left ages ago.  Where are you?"   Jung Min stuttered and peaked over the edge of the cliff and suddenly stumbled back, "I..." He began to make sobbing sounds and fell to the ground, "I don't know.. I just went driving and I..."  

Kyu Jong sighed, "just come home, I'll be with Eungi and your umma when you get there.  She plans on making you dinner. Now ... somebody has a few questions for you."  Jung Min wiped his tears and sniffed before the phone was handed back to Hyung Jun, "Can you allow me time with Eungi through out the week? If you don't want her at my place, or if you don't want her alone with me, I can go over there."  He pouted, he didn't feel like today was the day to be asking him this question but then he heard Eungi giggle, "I'll.. give you a few times over at my place as just ..." He paused.  Here he was a minute ago, seconds away from killing himself because the sorrow this man caused him and he was letting him back into his life.  He whispered to himself, "why are you so weak Park Jung Min."   Hyung Jun smiled brightly on the other end which could easily be heard in his voice, "great! I'll just come with Kyu Jong."

Jung Min tried to retaliate, but it was already too late.  He had hung up the phone.  What just happened? Why was he... he just had tried to completely erase himself from Hyung Jun's life and now Hyung Jun was pushing himself into his life?  He sighed and rubbed his eyes, he couldn't focus, everything was a blur and his head was spinning.  

He walked back to the car, his legs weak under him.  He trembled before climbing into the car and just stared out through the window.  The phone rested in his hand and he let his tears slowly fall a bit before he sniffed and finally fumbled with the key before sliding it into the ignition.  As he drove home, his expression was blank, he was lost in thought, fantasizing about what was to come.  He fantasized about Hyung Jun having all his memories and just hugging him and kissing him when he returned home.

He began to have conversations with Hyung Jun in his mind, he smiled tears of happiness welling up in his eyes and would reply out loud.  He brought his lips in  and then smiled brightly, "I missed you so much."  Suddenly reality came back to him and he looked up with a sigh, "yeah right, Park Jung Min.. get ahold of yourself." He sighed and pulled into the driveway.  After climbing out of his car and opening the door, he tiredly hugged his umma with a half hearted smile, "aw umma... its been a while."

She smiled and her son's hair, "yes it has been a while." She  smiled and gently pulled Jung Min so that he would bend down and then kissed his forehead, "I love you my son." Jung Min choked and suddenly threw his arms around her and cried into her shoulder.  He couldn't believe that only a few hours ago he had been a step away from killing himself.   He still had so much going for him.  He looked around and saw Hyung Jun holding Eungi and smiled.   He did not care that he was there as his husband, as long as he was there as Eungi's father, he was fine with Hyung Jun being around.

He walked over to Eungi and picked her up from Hyung Jun's lap and kissed her gently before nuzzling his nose to hers with a smile, "I love you my beautiful baby girl." He smiled and gently placed her back down in Hyung Jun's lap before sitting down beside him and Eungi's hair.  Hyung Jun played with Eungi, though he had awkwardly moved to put a little distance between him and Jung Min, Jung Min didn't notice and just felt like he was with his family once again.  

Kyu Jong smiled over to Jung Min's umma and they exchanged looks of hope.  This was the first time in a long time that Jung Min seemed this happy.  They figured it was because Hyung Jun was there, which yes was part of the reason Jung Min was happy.  But mostly, he was happy that he had not taken that step.  That he was still here to see Eungi smiling with her father.