MV

Sunbae-Nim!

 

Please enjoy~  This chappie is a little long and might be boring... Mianhe

Chapter 9: MV

            A knock was heard on my dressing room door.  “Yes?” I called out to the person waiting outside of the room.

            “I brought your script,” a male voice said.

            “Ah, come in!” I replied.  A woman was fixing my hair and makeup.  Yonghwa walked into the dressing room.

            “Are you ready?” he asked while handing me a thin packet.  I nodded and took the papers from him.  Today would be the day of the filming of our music video.  My debut as an artist.  After that, time would fly.  It wouldn’t be long until Hyesung and I become a duo.

            “This is so dramatic,” I said while laughing.  The script said things like “let go of his hand” and “have fun, but frown when he disappears.”  The song was about first love being bittersweet.  You didn’t realize how important it was until it left.

            “Haha, read Jungshin’s part!  It says ‘stand facing towards the fan with your eyes closed,’” Yonghwa said while laughing loudly.  My lips curled into a faint smile.  My dream was coming true right before my eyes, but my old love for Yonghwa was coming back.  I tried to rid my head of those thoughts.

            “Sunbae-nim, I’ll meet you guys there in a minute,” I said while motioning for Yonghwa to leave.  He frowned slightly.

            “Okay, I’ll see you later,” he said while walking out of the room.  He slammed the door shut.

            “Um, miss, you’re actually ready.  You could have gone,” the hairdresser said as she lightly tapped my shoulder.  I looked at her embarrassedly.

            “Ah, I’ll go now!” I said as I grabbed my guitar and the script.  The hairdresser had left my hair down.  I held the hem of my dress, which was a white childish looking sundress.  My guitar was the one I usually used, a worn down guitar that I have had since I was a little girl.  I hurried out of the dressing room awkwardly.  Everyone was running around on the set, and the CNBLUE members were already on the stage where we would film us playing as a group.  Minhyuk was drinking from a water bottle and he waved at me.

            “Eunhye-ah, over here!  Hurry, we’re about to start!” he called over.  I hurriedly walked over to the four.

            “You’re looking pretty spiffy,” I said jokingly to the four of them.  Yonghwa was in a white suit, Jonghyun was dressed in a black tuxedo, Jungshin was wearing a black dress shirt with white pants, and Minhyuk was wearing a white dress shirt with black pants.

            Before anyone could say anything, the director told us to go to our places.  I set the script down on the table.  We would just play the whole song first, and then film the “drama” scenes after.  “Ready? Action!” the director shouted as they began to play our song as a guide.  We were on a rotating stage, and a wall separated the CNBLUE members and me.  I sat on a stool and began to play my guitar.  I couldn’t see the CNBLUE members, but I just closed my eyes and imagined we were practicing.  I could hear Yonghwa sing as the stage rotated, and I sang along on my parts.  Luckily, nobody messed up, so we only had to record that once.

            “CUT!” the director shouted.  I stood up and walked off the stage that had stopped rotating.  Apparently, we had done well, so we could move on to the harder parts of filming.  I was rushed into the room to have a quick costume change.  I was going to be wearing the same dress later, so the staff hung it up.  I was hurriedly changed into a school uniform and my hair was tied into a messy bun.  For our music video, I was forced to wear contacts, but I was given fake glasses to wear for this scene.

            The first scene was supposed to be between Jungshin and me.  Jungshin was in a male version of the school uniform, and we were on opposite sides of a hallway.  The staff put a pile of books in my arms.  They motioned for us to begin.  The camera began to roll, and I walked towards Jungshin while staring at the floor.  We crashed into each other, and the books flew out of my arms.  I reached for the book in front of me and Jungshin did the same.  He ended up placing his hand over mine.  I looked up at him and tried my best to blush.  “Mianhe,” he whispered.

            “Cut!” the director shouted.  I was again rushed into my dressing room.  My glasses were thrown off my face as they dressed me in a cream colored dress with a black collar.  According to the script, I was going to have a scene with Jonghyun next.  My hair was let down again, and the stylist played with it for a few seconds to give it a tousled look.  I was pushed out of the room again.  Filming was going fairly well.

            “Are you ready?” Jonghyun asked as we walked onto a set that appeared to be a coffee shop.  I nodded.  He pulled out the chair for me and I sat down.  We were supposed to act like we were having a date.  I held a cup of coffee in my hands as we began to act.  “Eunhye-ssi, do you know the story of Minhyuk’s swimming at school?” Jonghyun asked.  We were allowed to chat, as long as we looked like we were having fun.  The video would be edited anyway.  I shook my head.  “Minhyuk dove into the pool and lost his shorts.  Worst part is, he couldn’t find them afterwards!” Jonghyun said while smiling.  I burst out into soft laughter.

            “W-what, really?  That’s so embarrassing!” I said while laughing.  Jonghyun chuckled and held onto my hand.

            “Cut!  Wow, you’re much better at acting that I thought,” the director said to himself.  I laughed as I was brought back into the dressing room.  They changed me into a pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt and put my hair up into a high ponytail.

            “This one you’ll have to do several takes,” my stylist informed me.  It was an outdoor scene with Minhyuk.  It hadn’t gotten to the sad part of the song yet, so it was supposed to be a happy scene.

.  “Outside, to the grass!” the director ordered while ushering everyone out outside.  I placed my guitar on a stand by the doorway.

            “Stay put!” I ordered it.  A chuckle came from behind me.

            “Trust me, it’s not going to go anywhere,” Yonghwa said while laughing.  He put a hand on the small of my back and lightly pushed me out of the doorway.  I skipped outside to the grass area.  Minhyuk was waiting there in casual clothes and a baseball cap.

            “Take 1,” an assistant shouted.  I nodded.  Minhyuk chuckled and picked up a water balloon.  He threw it at me and it burst onto my shirt.  Instead of picking up a water balloon, I picked up a hose and started to spray Minhyuk.

            “Wah, it’s too cold!” Minhyuk exclaimed as the water got all over his shirt.

            “CUT!  You’re supposed to look like you’re having fun, not freezing to death!” the director yelled at Minhyuk.  Minhyuk quickly apologized and we tried the scene again.  Minhyuk cheerfully threw another water balloon at me, making sure it made a giant watermark on my shirt.

            “I’m going to get you, Minhyuk-ah!” I said while laughing.  I picked up the hose and sprayed Minhyuk.  He picked up another handful of water balloons and began chucking them at me.  It became a full-fledged water fight.

            “Eunhye-ah, we’re both soaked,” Minhyuk said while laughing loudly.  I walked up to him while he laughed.  I wrapped my arms around his neck.

            “Oppa,” I said in the cutest voice possible.  Minhyuk looked flustered.

            “E-eh?” he said while blushing heavily.  I leaned over and kissed his cheek.  At that exact moment, I popped a water balloon on the back of his shirt.  “YAH!  YOU TRICKED ME!” Minhyuk shouted.  Water dripped from his back.  He began to chase after me and I laughed while running away.

            “Cut!  Good job, you two,” the director said.  The script was pretty vague for this scene, so I just winged it.  I almost forgot we were filming.  I was rushed inside so I could dry off before I changed back into the white dress.  I dried myself off with a big fluffy towel and changed back into the white dress.  Makeup artists surrounded me and put a light layer of makeup on my face and some glitter on my eyelids.  A light pink lipgloss was brushed onto my lips.  The hair stylist weaved some white flowers into my hair, and I was ready to go.  I walked outside to the grass.  Yonghwa was sitting under a tree, waiting for me.  Yonghwa was in his white suit again.  I tried to remember our script.

            “Sit down so we can start,” Yonghwa said while waving me over.  I nodded and sat down on the grass.  “Not there,” Yonghwa chuckled.  He pulled me onto his lap.  I forgot that we had to act “madly in love.”  I snorted to myself.  Madly in love with Yonghwa?  No way.

            “Cut that out, newbie.  Camera rolling in 3… 2…” the director said.  I pursed my lips to keep myself from talking back.  I relaxed into Yonghwa’s lap and looked up at him.

            “Eunhye-ah, you did really well filming the other scenes,” Yonghwa whispered.  I smiled.  I didn’t realize Yonghwa was this good at acting.  He looked like he was murmuring something along the lines of “I Love You,” but that was about opposite from reality.

            “Thank you.  I’m glad that I’m debuting with you guys,” I said softly.  Yonghwa reached down and brushed his fingertips against my cheek.  My skin felt hot where he touched it.

            “Mhmm.  FTISLAND members are a lot stricter than me,” he whispered while looking down at me.  I chuckled and closed my eyes.

            “Sure,” I mumbled before I pretended to be asleep.  Yonghwa leaned down so I could feel his hot breath on my face.  He placed a light kiss on the bridge of my nose.  I felt heat rising to my face, but I still pretended to be asleep.

            “Cut!  Okay, Yonghwa, we need to get this just right. You have to sit, and we’re going to edit the video to make it look like Yonghwa disappears.  New girl has to frown after… 10 seconds?” the director ordered while counting in his head.  He nodded slightly.  “10 seconds should be good,” he said.  I nodded and sat up so I was facing Yonghwa.

            “Action!” an assistant stated.  I smiled at Yonghwa and he flashed a brilliant grin at me.  I counted to ten in my mind, then I made a very unhappy face.  I reached out slightly while looking like I was about to cry.

            “And Cut!  Good Job.  Now we just need to film little sad clips and the ending,” the director said.  We headed inside to join the other CNBLUE members.

            About two hours, we were ready to film the ending.  We filmed a few short clips of Jonghyun letting go of my hand, Minhyuk walking away, and me by myself.  We had to do many retakes because tiny details mattered on these scenes.  At the end of the song, it talks about how we wish we could have another chance because everyone messes up their first love.  We were supposed to film a happy-ish ending where “I” meet my “first love” which happens to Yonghwa in the video.  I walked down a crowded street texting.  I was wearing mature clothes because supposedly this was the future.  After taking a few steps, someone rams into me and makes me drop my phone.  I dropped to my knees.  I scrambled to find it in the sea of people.  Just as I reached for my phone, another hand reached for it.  I looked up at the owner of the hand and my mouth dropped open in shock.  Yonghwa smiled at me cheekily through his glasses.  He looked like a businessman.

            “Cut!  Good job everyone!” the director shouted.  Yonghwa helped me up.  Now, the video editors would do their magic.

            “You’re a lot better than I expected,” Yonghwa said while chuckling.  I stood up and walked with him to the area where the dressing rooms are located.

            “Thanks, it was really fun,” I said while accepting a bottle of water from a staff member.  Yonghwa was given one also.

            “Next week, we’re all going to gather in the office to watch our video’s release.  And FTISLAND’s should be right after,” Yonghwa notified me.  I nodded.

            “Arasso, I’ll put it on my calendar.  I’ll see you guys later,” I said while slipping into my dressing room.  Although the filming was fun, now I have mixed feelings about Yonghwa.  My heart always beats faster when I’m around him, but it could just be because I’m nervous.  I always want to look good in front of him, yet when I’m with the other members I can relax.  “”Jung Yonghwa, I think I’m going nuts,” I mumbled to myself while I changed out of the costume.

Thanks for reading~ I appreciate comments.  This is your last chance to vote in the poll!