Talent

Sunbae-Nim!

 

Sorry this is short... It's still the intro XD!  Please enjoy.  I don't own CNBLUE... If I did, I would probably die of happiness XD

Chapter 1: Talent

            “This will be our little secret.  I think you have talent, so give my manager a call sometime.  I’ll pull some strings for you,” he whispered while replacing his sunglasses.  My mouth was hanging open.

            “Okay, I thought you were pretty, but now you just look like a fish,” he snickered.  I stood there dumbstruck.

            “Jung Yonghwa-ssi, this isn’t a prank, right?” I asked while scanning the rest of the coffee shop.  He chuckled.

            “You don’t have to be so formal,” he said nonchalantly although we just met.  “You know our new song, Coffee Shop.  I wrote it right here, while watching you sing.  I’ve been looking for talent, and I think you may have what it takes,” he said while sipping his iced coffee.

            “I understand!  I’ll try my best!” I said awkwardly.  He chuckled and placed a few bills on the table.

            “Keep the change.  Call whenever you have time,” he said while handing me a business card.  I quickly scanned the business card and found Yonghwa’s phone number and his manager’s phone number.  I was about to thank him, but when I looked up he was already out the door.

            I wasn’t allowed to use my phone during my shift, and technically I couldn’t chat with customers either.  I shook my legs excitedly as I waited for my shift to be over.  Several customers came in afterwards, but my shift was over before I knew it.  I quickly changed back into my normal clothes and grabbed my cellphone.  I dialed Yonghwa’s number first.

            “Yoboseyo,” I heard a manly voice say.  I took a deep breath before I began to speak to the popular Korean actor and musician.

            “Hello, this is Song Eunhye.  We met earlier today,” I said nervously.  I prayed that this was the right number.

            “Oh, Coffee Girl?” Yonghwa said.  I heard mumbling in the background.  “Yes, this is her.  I understand,” Yonghwa said to someone other than me.  I waited patiently for him to talk.

            “Manager-nim said to come to the FNC building at 10 A.M. sharp tomorrow.  He wants to interview you,” Yonghwa said into the phone.  I did a little happy dance while holding the phone up to my ear.

            “Thank you so much, Yonghwa!” I exclaimed while picking my bags up from the counter.  I ran out of the door of the café while clutching my phone.

            “No problem; I’ll see you tomorrow at 10 A.M.,” Yonghwa said before hanging up.  I shouted hurray and ran to my grandparents’ house to tell them the great news.

            “Guess who asked me to star in his music video?  Jung Yonghwa!” I exclaimed to my grandfather who was sitting on the floor.  He raised his eyebrow at me.

            “Are you sure you aren’t delusional?  Of all people, I don’t think Jung Yonghwa would scout YOU,” he said while motioning for me to sit down next to him.

            “You’re terrible.  I’ll show you; I’m going to FNC tomorrow,” I said excitedly.  My grandfather sighed as I ran into my room.

 

            “Nice timing,” Yonghwa said coolly as I ran up to him.  He was standing outside of the FNC building checking the time on his watch.  I was almost late, but luckily I used to be on the track team of my high school, so I was a fast runner.

            “Thanks,” I said while smoothing out strands of hair that had fallen out of my ponytail.  Yonghwa chuckled and put his hand on my elbow.  He guided me to a stout, professional looking man.

            “Hello, my name is Song Eunhye.  It’s nice to meet you!” I said while bowing.  I was extremely nervous because this could be my only shot at stardom.  My only chance to make my dream come true.

            “It’s nice to meet you too.  I’m sorry for asking you to come here on such short notice,” the manager said.  Yonghwa left to roam around the building.

            “It’s my pleasure,” I said while looking extremely flustered.  The manager chuckled.

            “Today, we just want to test your capabilities and see if Yonghwa had good judgement.  Instead of just starring in a music video, we could debut you as a soloist,” the manager said mostly to himself.  I nodded.  I had expected this, so I prepared a few songs.

            “I understand!” I said while bowing.

            “Actually, if you can keep a secret, we’re going to try to debut a female duo.  It won’t be a dance group, so we’re auditioning many girls for the part.  I have a feeling you’ll definitely secure a spot, maybe even as a soloist, because Yonghwa personally picked you out.  I blushed.

            “Yes sir!  I’ll try my very best!” I said while being ushered into a recording room.  Today was going to be VERY busy. 

Thanks for reading!  Did you like it?