Kidnapper

Sunbae-Nim!

 

Please enjoy!  I'll leave the poll up until tomorrow~

Chapter 6: Kidnapper

            “What are you doing here?” I asked Yonghwa as I cleaned the counters of the café.  Our manager agreed to let me work there until debut, and have my training schedule as flexible as possible.  Today I didn’t have any practice for my debut song with CNBLUE, so I had decided to record a few YouTube videos and go to work.

            “Eh?  Is that any way to talk to a customer?  I’ll have an iced coffee and some company, please,” Yonghwa said.  I wouldn’t have recognized him if he didn’t lift his sunglasses for a second.  His disguise was pretty good: a black hoodie, loose jeans, and a navy blue baseball cap.

            “I’ll give you the coffee, but you’re going to have to order the company somewhere else,” I said while entering his order into the system.  Yonghwa and I were a lot friendlier with each other now, and the other members noticed too.  During one practice, Minhyuk asked, “What happened?  Why aren’t you guys hostile to each other anymore?”  I chuckled remembering the look on his face.

            “You should do that more,” a voice interrupted my thoughts.  I looked up.

            “What?” I asked Yonghwa as I began to make his coffee.

            “Smile,” he clarified.  I handed him the iced coffee and he stared at me while resting his head on his hand.

            I held my hand out to him.  “Payment.  The coffee isn’t free,” I said while Yonghwa snapped out of his daze.  He handed me some money.

            “Keep the change,” he said.  I nodded.

            “Oh yeah!  I forgot to give you back your jacket,” I said while mentally slapping myself.  It had been almost a week, and I hadn’t returned it yet.

            “Oh you can just keep it.  I have other jackets,” he said while sipping his coffee.  I felt a hand on my back.  I whipped my head around and prepared to punch whoever was behind me.

            “Eunhye-ah, you can’t socialize with customers.  I don’t want to fire you,” my best friend, Yoo Eun Jo said.  I groaned.  I wanted to tell him that this was THE JUNG YONGHWA, but I wasn’t even allowed to tell anyone except my family about working for FNC.

            “Sorry, I’ll get back to work,” I said while moving to clean the coffee machine.

            “There aren’t even any other customers at this time,” Yonghwa muttered.  I sighed in agreement.

            “You’ve been busy lately; you never have time to hang out anymore,” Eun Jo stated while following me around like a little puppy dog.  Sometimes, he could be annoying.  He didn’t even have to work because he owned the place.

            “Yeah,” I said while sorting the coffee cups.  I glanced over at Yonghwa who was watching us.

            “Has everything been okay with the family?” Eun Jo asked.  That brown haired tall boy could be extremely annoying sometimes.

            “Yeah,” I said absentmindedly.

            “Are you just saying ‘yeah’ to everything I say?” he asked.

            “Yeah,” I replied.  I could tell that Yonghwa was stifling his laughter.

            “When do you get off work, Eunhye-ah?” Yonghwa asked loudly.  I shushed him, but it was too late.  Eun Jo had already overheard us.  Eun Jo leaned onto the counter and stared at Yonghwa.

            “So you’ve been ditching me for this guy?  Is it because I’m ugly?” Eun Jo said while staring into Yonghwa’s soul.

            “It’s not that!  You’re not ugly,” I said.  It’s just that Yonghwa is extremely handsome, I thought to myself.

            “Then what?  He’s better company than me?” Eun Jo said sadly.

            “No, no!” I denied.  I couldn’t tell Eun Jo that it was Yonghwa OR that I was working at FNC.  “You’re my best friend!” I said.

            “Stop lying,” he retorted.  I swear, Eun Jo can be such a teenage girl at some times.  Yonghwa grabbed his wrist tightly.

            “Listen up, buddy.  I’m this girl’s teacher, okay?  And you have no right to into our business,” Yonghwa growled.  I glanced at the clock.  I took my apron off and slipped out of my uniform.  Good thing I decided to wear my uniform over my normal clothes today.

            “Let’s just go, Yonghwa.  I don’t want you getting in a fight with my best friend over something stupid,” I muttered under my breath.  I grabbed Yonghwa by the wrist and dragged him out of the café.

            “Y-yonghwa?!” Eun Jo exclaimed while covering his mouth.

            “Aw man, you blew my cover.  Let’s run,” Yonghwa said.  He grabbed onto my hand tightly so I wouldn’t get lost in the crowd and began to run.

            “Sorry, he can be really nosy at some times,” I said while running.  I had no idea where we were running to, but I assumed it was the FNC building because I could recognize the path we were taking.

            “I kind of realized that,” Yonghwa said.  We had finally reached a spot that wasn’t so crowded, but Yonghwa still held my hand tightly as we ran.

            Once we slowed down a little bit, I spoke up, “Sunbae-nim, you can let go now.”  Yonghwa frowned.

            “Why are you calling me that again?” Yonghwa pouted.  I shrugged.

            “It’s not polite,” I said simply.  I lied.  I didn’t want to get close to Yonghwa.  I was scared of falling for him.  It was better for both of us if I put some distance in between us.  Jung Yonghwa was my first crush, but there was no way I would ever tell HIM that.

            “Mhmm, sure,” he said while letting go of my hand.  I was trying to distance myself from him, but somehow I felt incomplete without his presence.  I shook those thoughts out of my head.

            “Can we do a practice recording?” I asked as we reached the building.  Yonghwa held open the door for me.

            “Yeah,” Yonghwa said as we walked into the recording room.  They already recorded the instrumental of the song, so all we had to do was sing the lyrics.

            “Yonghwa-ssi?” I asked.

            “Hmmm?” he said while grabbing two pairs of headphones.  He handed me one and closed the door to the recording room.

            “Why do you always put your mouth on the microphone?  It looks like you’re it,” I said while placing the headphones on my head.

            “BWAHAHAHA,” Yonghwa burst out into laughter.  He clutched his stomach.  I looked at him confusedly.

            “What did I do?” I asked him as he placed the headphones on his head.

            “Nothing, let’s start practicing,” Yonghwa said while chuckling to himself.  I shrugged as the music began to play through the headphones.  Yonghwa and I shared a microphone.  And that’s how I ended up practicing on my day off.

I hope you enjoyed!  I only own my ideas, OCs, and the (future) name of my made up girl duo.  Please comment and vote<3