Duo

Sunbae-Nim!

 

Okay, please enjoy chapter 2!  I only own my OC and my ideas~

Chapter 2: Duo

            I yawned as I exited the FNC building.  It had been a very stressful day, but it was worth it.  The vocal coach seemed very pleased with me, and I actually finished earlier than expected.  I was way too tired to walk home, so I called one of my only friends in Korea.

            “Yoo Eun jo-oppa, can you pick me up from the FNC building?  I’m way too tired,” I pleaded into the phone.  I sat on the floor of the parking lot cross-legged.  Because I had went to high school in America, I didn’t have many friends in Korea.  Eun Jo was the son of the owner of the coffee shop that I worked at.  He wasn’t forced to work, so he enjoyed chatting with me during my shifts.  After almost a year, we had become good friends.  We could tell each other anything, and depend on each other for anything.

            After he said he’d be there in half an hour, I hung up my phone and sat in the parking lot patiently.  Thirty minutes was better than never.  I slipped my phone into my back pocket and began to hum a tune.

            “Is this the newbie?” I heard someone say from behind me.

            “Hyung, is she dead?  What do we do?” someone beside me was panicking.  I rubbed my eyes sleepily and turned to the person next to me.

            “WAH!” I shouted as I was met with a face that was almost touching mine.

            “GAHH!” Minhyuk yelped as he lurched backwards.  I blinked several times before realizing my surroundings.  I was still in the FNC parking lot, but it seemed like it was around 6 or 7 P.M. already.  Where was Eun Jo?  His dad was extremely strict with him because he would inherit the high-class coffee shop chain.  I stood up quickly and bowed to the four CNBLUE members.

            “I’m Song Eunhye; it’s nice to meet you,” I said while bowing to my seniors.

            “It’s nice to meet you too, I’m Lee Jungshin,” the tallest member said while shaking my hand.  He seemed friendly, so I smiled at him.  The second tallest member waved at me.

            “Kang Minhyuk, I’d happily help you out anytime,” he said cheerfully.  I hadn’t been in Korea for long, but I already knew that the CNBLUE members were kind people.  The third member of CNBLUE walked up to me.

            “I’m Lee Jonghyun and this is Jung Yonghwa,” the man said.  I looked at Yonghwa confusedly.  Was he embarrassed that he scouted me?  Or did he decide that I wasn’t talented enough?  I shot him a glare and shook Jonghyun’s hand.

            “Nice to meet you,” Yonghwa said casually as if we never met.  I shook Yonghwa’s hand and held it in a death grip.

            “Nice to meet you, SUNBAE-NIM,” I spat before I released his hand.  I knew he didn’t like to be talked to formally, but he was my senior, and if he was ashamed to know me, I might as well do as much as I can to get my revenge on him.  He winced and shook his hand in the air for a while.

            “I’m sorry to pry, but what are you doing here so late?” Minhyuk said concernedly.  I gave him a weak smile.

            “A friend was supposed to pick me up, but I guess he didn’t show up.  I must have fallen asleep while waiting,”  I told him while pulling my phone out of my back pocket.  There was a single message on my phone.  Eunhye-ah, I’m sorry I can’t pick you up today!  I know I promised, but my dad dragged me to business management training last minute.  I’ll make it up to you later.  I sighed.

            Yonghwa scolded me, “You could have gotten mugged or beaten up or-“ he paused and shivered at the thought.  “Never mind.  Next time, be more careful,” he said while getting keys out of his pocket.

            “Thanks for your concern, sunbae-nim,” I hissed at him sarcastically.  He rolled his eyes and unlocked CNBLUE’s van.

            “We’ll see you tomorrow!  Have a good night,” Jungshin said as the members loaded into the van.  I sighed and began the long walk home through the dark.  I really needed to get a driver’s license soon.

            “As expected, you earned yourself a spot in FNC.  The other girl in the duo… we’ll be debuting her with FTISLAND.  Once you both gain a little popularity, then we will announce our new duo.  Of course, you both need to receive training still,” the manager said first thing in the morning.  I smiled brightly and nodded.

            “It sounds like a good plan.  I’m looking forward to working with you,” I said while bowing.  We were in an office, so no one else was around.

            “Would you like to meet your future partner?” he said to me.  My eyes sparkled with interest.  I nodded excitedly.  The manager dialed a phone number.  “Hello, can you please send Kim Hyesung?” he said.  He mumbled some other inaudible things into the phone.  The door clicked open and I turned to look at the doorway.

            “Do you need something, sir?” an extremely feminine voice asked.  She was dazzling, and my exact opposite.  She wore a fur coat, sunglasses, and black high heels.  I gawked at her.  Her make up was perfect, and her extremely straight hair was dyed blond.  She was the definition of a woman.  I looked down at myself.  Although I had only been in Korea for about a year, I was a simple country girl.  I was told to dress casually, so I was only wearing a tattered pair of skinny jeans and a loose cream-colored blouse with a giant black bow stuck on the front.  I could never walk in heels, so I usually wore sneakers.  To make matters worse, I had lost my contacts so I had to wear these really big black glasses.  My plain black hair was only medium length and it tended to naturally curl at the tips.

            “Hyesung, this is your future partner, Song Eunhye,” the manager said.  I bowed to her quickly because I felt inferior.

            “It’s nice to meet you.  I know we’ll get along,” she said while flashing a smile so I could see her perfect teeth.  She seemed nice, but we were completely different, so I wasn’t sure if we could be friends.

            “Same here!” I said while smiling at her.  She chuckled and held onto my arm.

            “Hey, manager-nim.  Can I take the newbie on a test run?” Hyesung asked.  He nodded and I looked at her confusedly.  “Oh yeah, I’ve been training with FNC for two years already,” she stated while dragging me into a practice room.  She sat me down onto a stool and handed me a guitar and a handful of picks.  “Um, I can’t play guitar, so manager said you’d play and I would just stand and sing,” she stated.  I chuckled.  You would think that after training for two years, the girl would know how to play the guitar.

            “Shall I play something for you?  Hmm, do you know this song?” I asked while showing her some lyrics on my phone.  She nodded.

            “Sing something solo first so I can see your style,” she urged.  I nodded and began to strum the guitar and sing.

 

Dreaming by IU (OST Dream High)

 

Eyes that only look at me

A nose like a sculpture

Lovable lips

Skin like milk and

A face that’s curious about something

Chic words

 


My friends think
I’m delusional

But I knew Your heart

Even when you’re coy

I know

You can fool a ghost

But you can’t fool me


 

Step by step

Nervous footsteps

With excitement


 

Today with a heart

As big as this

Confess

Your dream

 

            I opened my eyes to find Hyesung staring at me.  She clapped slowly.  “I think we’ll be a perfect team,” she said.  Her eyes sparkled with interest.  “I can make your music more modern, and you can help me attract different types of fans too!” she said excitedly.  I chuckled as I went to sit down at the piano.  Hyesung pulled out tons of sheet music so we could practice together.

            “Good work today!” Hyesung said as we packed up all of our stuff.  “Tomorrow we’ll be mentored in live performances, concerts, and such,” she said while handing me a bottle of water.  I nodded.  “I would love to get to know you more over dinner, but it’s already quite late.  Bring your guitar tomorrow, okay?” she said while holding the door open for me.  I nodded and bowed to her slightly.

            “Okay, unni!  Drive home safely,” I said.  I was old enough to have a driver’s license, but I didn’t have enough money to buy a car.  I had a bicycle, but I didn’t bring it today.  I saw Hyesung off and then began to walk home.  We had practiced for longer that I thought.  I was halfway home, but it was 11 P.M. and I was starving.  “Ddukbokki sounds good,” I said while my stomach growled.

            “Someone’s hungry,” a voice chuckled from behind me.  I whipped my head around to face the stranger.  “I was just about to buy some ddukbokki too,” the leader of CNBLUE snickered.  I frowned at him.

            “Good for you,” I replied and continued to walk.  He trailed behind me slightly as I walked to a food stall to grab some dinner.

            “What did I do to you?” Yonghwa asked while positioning himself in between the food and me.  I groaned.

            “Nothing.  You’re just my senior, and I have to be polite,” I retorted.  I ordered some ddukbokki from the ahjumma working at the stall, but Yonghwa handed some money to her.

            “You aren’t mad at me?” Yonghwa asked.  I snorted.

            “Gosh, I never thought the famous Jung Yonghwa would be this annoying.  You’re like a puppy, for goodness sake,” I said while eating.  He shrank back and looked hurt.  I ignored him; he deserved it.  Couldn’t he just stay out of my business?  He didn’t have to stalk me.

            “I was trying to be nice, but never mind.  Tomorrow, 7 A.M. sharp in front of the building,” Yonghwa commanded while stealing some of my food that technically belonged to him.

            “Why should I listen to you?” I hissed while swatting his hand away from the food.  Yonghwa muttered something under his breath.

            “Because I’m your sunbae-nim,” he spat back at me.  He began to walk the other way.  I scoffed at him and continued my trek home.

Okay, maybe Eunhye is being a little irrational, but Yonghwa is pretty childish too XD!  I hope you liked it~