Happy Birthday

Sunbae-Nim!

 

AHHHH~! I'm so sorry everyone! I forgot my password... so I was lazy to write. BUT NOW, I HAVE MY PASSWORD BACK! So I'll try to update more often. Sorry if this chapter is delayed (the b-day chapter for Yongie and Minhyuk) and if it's not very good... BECAUSE I WROTE THE ENDING A FEW MINUTES AGO >< Please forgive me! Enjoy~

Chapter 21: Happy Birthday

 

            I avoided eye contact with Jungshin, as if he would be able to tell what Yonghwa and I did by just looking at me.  I held my breath, waiting for Jungshin’s next words.

            “Were you guys secretly planning a prank?  That’s not very nice,” Jungshin said while pouting.  I let out a small sigh of relief.  I guess I was way too paranoid.  Everything that had to do with Yonghwa made me fidgety!

            “Ah, no, don’t worry about it.  We were talking about some guitar stuff ,” I tried to say in a calm voice.  I guess I was good at acting because Jungshin even believed the “guitar stuff” part.  That wasn’t completely a lie because I had talked to Yonghwa earlier about different brands of guitars.

            Jungshin just nodded calmly and began eating again.  “Hmmm, maybe we should plan a prank now,” he said mischievously.  I gawked at him.  He definitely lived up to his title as the evil maknae.

            “U-um, I’m not sure that that’s a good idea,” I said nervously while eating at a much slower pace.  Jungshin chuckled and reached over to ruffle my hair with his free hand.

            “I was joking, Eunhye-yah,” he said nonchalantly while continuing to eat.  I blushed in embarrassment.  I was going to apologize, but my metal spoon hit the bottom of the bowl.  “Wow, you sure eat fast!  Do you want some of mine?” Jungshin asked while examining my empty bowl.  His bowl was still halfway full.  I frowned.  Did he think that I was THAT much of a pig?  I wasn’t rude enough to steal his food.

            “Aniyo, I’ll just hang out here while you finish eating,” I said while rinsing out my bowl.  Jungshin nodded and continued to eat.

            “Hmmm, have you adjusted into idol life yet?” he asked while chewing a mouthful of rice and fish cake.  I shook my head.

            “I miss riding my bike in public, taking naps in the park, even going to work,” I said solemnly while reminiscing the past that wasn’t too long ago.  Jungshin nodded in understanding.

            “I know how you feel.  You probably won’t be able to do those things ever again without people taking pictures of you,” Jungshin said while sighing.  I frowned.  He was telling the truth, but I couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed.  I liked my new life as an idol, but it was a lot harder than it seemed.  I can’t go anywhere I want anymore; I have to have an of some sort.  Also, I had to hide my personal information from the media, which made me bite my tongue a lot when fans asked questions about my life before debut.

            “Don’t you wish you could just be yourself sometimes?” I asked out of the blue.  Jungshin turned to look at me as he contemplated my question.

            He shrugged and said, “You don’t always have to pretend you’re someone that you’re not.  Just be yourself when you’re around me; I don’t care about your image.”  I smiled.  That was probably the nicest thing someone has told me today.  I nodded a quick thanks.  “I’m pretty sure my hyungs in CNBLUE wouldn’t mind much either,” he added while deep in thought.  I became alert at the possibility of talking to Yonghwa.  I blushed furiously to myself as I tried to rid my mind of that babo’s face.

            “Thanks, I’ll be sure to come to you if I need to talk about personal stuff,” I said while picking up my bag.  Jungshin looked up at me.

            “Ahh, I don’t want to keep you here; you probably are getting busy now.  You can go; I’ll just clean up here,” Jungshin said while standing up.  He towered over me, and I felt a little bit intimidated, so I decided to take up his offer to leave.

            “Thank you so much!” I exclaimed while bowing, “It was so much fun working with you; I know I’ll see you soon.”  Jungshin smiled and waved at me as I bolted out of the room.  I didn’t have practice today, but I wanted to get ahead on a song that I was attempting to write.  I ran back to the FNC building as fast as I could.

            “Ah hey, you got the Running Man job,” Hyesung said as I walked into our practice room.  My eyes widened as I looked up at her.

            “Really? Thanks!” I said cheerfully.  Hyesung looked at me as if I was psycho.

            “Where are you going? Aren’t you going to help with Yonghwa’s birthday party?”she asked while rolling her eyes.  “Don’t tell me you forgot….” I gasped as I realized what day tomorrow was.  Yonghwa’s 25th birthday.  I slapped my forehead as I realized what I had forgotten.

            “Oh yeah, the surprise party at midnight tonight, right?” I said uncertainly.  Hyesung nodded.  I sighed in relief.  “Okay, I’m just leaving to buy his present,” I said while leaving the FNC building once again.  I tried to remember all the details about the party.  I was pretty sure that Minhyuk wasn’t going to have a party, so I decided to give him his present tonight also.  “Urgh, what do guys like?!?!” I exclaimed to myself while running around the shopping center to find two presents.

            “HURRY UP! They’ll be here in a few minutes!” Hyesung hissed at me through the telephone.  I ran as fast as I could to theFNC building.  Finding two presents was a lot harder than I thought it would be because everyone was inside of the mall shopping!  It was super hot and crowded, I could barely move around!

            “I’m coming!  No taxis would stop for me, and I couldn’t take the main road because people would see me!” I shouted back into the phone before throwing it into my bag without waiting for a reply.  I sighed as I burst through the doors of the FNC building.  Today was a super hectic day.

            “Surprise!” Jungshin, Jonghyun, and Hyesung said loudly as I burst through the doors of the practice room.  I jumped in shock.  Hyesung pouted when she realized I was not either of the two birthday celebrants.

            “Ughh, we have to do it again! Back in formation!” she said while running back to her hiding spot.  I laughed softly and set the two presents I was holding onto the table that was set up in the practice room.  The front door to the FNC building could be heard opening, so I ducked behind the table as quickly as I could.  The whole room became silent as we waited for the birthday boys to come.  The door to the practice room creaked open as two pairs of eyes peeked inside hesitantly.

            “Surprise!” everyone but me shouted loudly.

            “H-happy birthday…” I said shyly while peeking out from my hiding spot behind the table.  The two birthday celebrants stood there in shock.  Everyone rushed to the two boys who were standing completely still.

            “Oppa, are you okay?” Hyesung said while clinging to Yonghwa’s arm.  He lightly shook her off.

            “I’m fine,” he said.  I realized that Minhyuk was still standing as still as a stone, so I walked up to him.

            “Ummm, sunbae…” I said while tapping Minhyuk’s arm.  He looked down at me as he woke up from his trance.  “Is everything alright?” I asked hesitantly.  Just then, a giant smile broke out on Minhyuk’s face.  He nodded happily.

            “Ahh yeah I’m great!  Just a little shocked,” he admitted bashfully while rubbing the back of his neck.   I could feel a pair of eyes staring at the two of us, so I scanned the room to see who the eyes belonged to.  As expected, Yonghwa was glaring at me with Hyesung clinging to his arm and fawning over him.  I sent him a sickeningly sweet smile as I went to the table in the middle of the room.

            “Who wants cake?” I asked while smiling.  Everyone’s eyes lit up at the mention of food.  I took 2 cakes out of pink boxes.  “Wahhh, they’re so cute!” I exclaimed as I took out a cake with a guitar pick shape and a cake that looked like a mini drumset out of the boxes.

            “They’re almost…. Too cute to eat,” Jonghyun pointed out as Hyesung and I stuck the candles onto the cakes.  Jungshin groaned.

            “Hey, all of us pitched in and paid for the cake… it’s really expensive, remember?  So we have to eat it to get our money’s worth,” Jungshin stated while lighting a match.

            “Yah! Maknae! I don’t trust you with that,” Jonghyun said to Jungshin while carefully plucking the lit match from the maknae’s fingers.  Jonghyun hurriedly lit all the candles on both cakes.

            I picked up my guitar and started playing “Happy Birthday to You.”  Everyone sang along, except some of us were more serious than others.  Jungshin and Jonghyun seemed to think that it was funny if they sang in really girly voices.  Hyesung video taped the two birthday boys as we sang for them.  Yonghwa and Minhyuk both looked ecstatic as they blew out the candles as we neared the end of the song.  Jonghyun shouted loudly and clapped for the two birthday celebrants.

            “Who wants a slice of cake?” Minhyuk offered excitedly.  I hurriedly set my guitar and rushed over to him.

            “Nooooo! We need a picture first!” I said while grabbing Minhyuk’s hand so he wouldn’t cut into the cake.

            Jungshin nodded in agreement.  “It’s too expensive to eat without he picture,” he said while taking the camera from Hyesung.  “Say cheese!” he announced while we all scurried around the cake to be in the picture.  Everyone smiled awkwardly as Jungshin took a few selcas.

            “Gah! Give me the camera please!” Minhyuk said impatiently.  I guess he was really hungry, because he took the camera from Jungshin and said, “Let the Prince of Selcas handle this!”  Everyone’s eyes widened in shock as we posed for the picture.  Minhyuk took a perfect shot that included all of us along with the cake.

            “Wow, I guess you really are the prince of selcas!” I said while laughing softly.  Minhyuk nodded proudly and turned the camera off.  He set it down on the table.

            “NOW, it’s cake time!” Yonghwa said excitedly while cutting into his cake.  We decided to eat his first because his birthday was first, and we could eat Minhyuk’s sometime later in the week.

            Yonghwa passed out a slice of cake to each of us, and we ate in an awkward silence.  I nibbled on my cake slice before trying to break the ice.  “Ah! Should we open presents?” I asked while setting my uneaten cake on the table.

            Hyesung nodded in agreement.  “Yeah that’s a good idea!” she stated while moving to set her presents onto Yonghwa and Minhyuk’s laps.  I stared at her wide eyed as she did so.  I was hoping to give them my presents first, but it wasn’t THAT big of a deal.  The birthday celebrants slowly unwrapped their gifts.  Yonghwa rolled his eyes slightly when he saw what was in the bag.  Hyesung had gotten Yonghwa and Minhyuk scarves.

            “What will I do with ANOTHER scarf?” Yonghwa asked while putting the bag off to the side.  “Thank you, but you do know it isn’t winter, right?” he said while trying not to hurt Hyesung’s feelings.  She already looked as if she was about to cry.

            Minhyuk, being the nice guy he is, lightly patted her shoulder.  “No, it’s perfect!  Another nice scarf to add to our collection!” he reassured her by smiling gently.  I mentally facepalmed.  Why would Hyesung keep getting them scarves if they hated the scarves the last 2 times she gave them to them?

            Before Hyesung could burst into tears, Jonghyun whispered in my ear, “You should probably give your gifts while you have the chance.”  I nodded.  I guess the guys already gave their gifts, or they would in their dorm.  I scurried over to the two guys and I dropped two boxes into their laps.

            “Ehh? What’s this?” Yonghwa asked eagerly while opening the corner of the box.  I watched the two birthday boys as they opened their gifts. “What the-?” Yonghwa exclaimed as he pulled out several CD’s from the box.  “Uhhh, what are these?” he asked while flipping through the CDs.

            “Silly, those are all my CDs of my songs!  It took me so long to make those,” I said while showing him the crudely drawn cover art.

            Yonghwa sat there in shock. I knew he was a fan of mine, but to be honest, I really gave it to him because I didn’t have much money, and I spent most of it on getting Minhyuk cookies for his birthday.

            “Thank you! I’ll listen to them later!” he said excitedly while looking at each CD individually.

            “Oh my. Are these cookies?! I love them! Thank you so much!” Minhyuk said while hugging me from behind. I jumped slightly in surprise.

            “U-uh, I’m glad you two liked your presents so much,” I said awkwardly. Hyesung was glaring at me, so I decided to lighten the mood again.   “KARAOKE TIME!!!” I shouted randomly while picking up my guitar. Okay, I’m not so good at things like this, so I just shouted out the first thing on my mind. Jungshin looked at me quizzically, but he played along and grabbed a water bottle.

            “I have the microphone!” he shouted while holding the bottle up in the air. Everyone burst in to laughter at the random and silly statement.

            “AND I HAVE THE PERFECT SONG!” I exclaimed while beginning to play a familiar tune. I tried to imitate a manly voice as I began to sing. Yonghwa immediately burst into laughter as he realized what song I was singing.

 

L.O.V.E. Girl by CNBLUE

 

Tell me Tell me Tell me love Tell me Tell me Give me your love
Love me Love me Come into my arms Kiss me Kiss me I will only love you

I act like a fool when you smile, When I look at you, you are like a pretty doll
My heart goes thump thump, Because of you my day is better

I want you oh my love Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole world changes
Oh my love My heart starts to thump when I look at you, I will always have you in my heart

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take my hand and Fly
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Trust me and Fly high
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yes, we can fly to the sky
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

Tell you Tell you I will tell you love Tell you Tell you I will confess my love
Love you Love you Hold my hand Kiss you Kiss you I love you forever

Like the music I play for you, Like the sweet whistle I play for you
1 minute 1 second becomes even more special, I want to listen to you every day, I love you

I want you oh my love Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole love changes
Oh my love My small heart that drew you, I will always hug you until the end of time

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take my hand and Fly
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Trust me and Fly high
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yes, we can fly to the sky
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

I want you oh my love Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole world changes
Oh my love My heart starts to thump when I look at you, I will always have you in my heart

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take Take Take my hands
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Uh uh Grab Grab Grab my hands
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yeah yeah Yes, we can fly to the sky high high
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take Take Take my hands baby you (you) know What I want u
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Can you hear the thumping sound of my heart beat can u feel my beat
(L.O.V.E BOY) Take Take Take my hands baby you (you) know what I want u
(L.O.V.E BOY) I can’t exist without you, You make me laugh you make me laugh
L.O.V.E GIRL

 

            “I… don’t know whether to laugh or cry,” Yonghwa stated. He chuckled softly to himself. “No matter what you do, you can’t be me! So don’t even try to copy my singing style, yours is perfect as it is.”

            I blushed slightly at his compliment. “Really? I’m honored, but what I really want to know… is did you like your other present, sunbae-nim?” I asked while beaming. He laughed softly and ruffled my hair.

            “If you mean, you serenading me, I loved it.  If you mean, you trying to copy me, you’re crazy! I’m one of a kid,” he said while sticking his tongue out at me.

            “Yeah, I know that, pabo,” I said while laughing.

            “HEY! YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE RUDE TO YOUR SUNBAE!” he yelled while glaring. The other members laughed at our bickering.

            “You guys are just like a brother and sister,” Jungshin snickered.

            “Or a married couple,” Hyesung muttered almost inaudibly. I blinked as I heard her words. Was she mad at me? Or jealous?

Thanks for reading~! Please comment! Once again, I'm so sorry!