Commercial

Sunbae-Nim!

 

UGH, SORRY FOR THIS BEING SO LATE! I had no inspiration... just a bad case of writers block...

Please enjoy ^^ I tried to make this a bit longer~ italicized is Jungshin pov~

Chapter 20: Commercial

 

            “Eunhye!  Your phone keeps on vibrating!” Hyesung shouted as I got ready for bed.  I groaned and walked over to the dining table where she was sitting.

            “Who is it?” I asked while picking up my phone to read my texts.  Hyesung shrugged and continued to eat her dinner.  I set the towel that I was using to dry my hair onto the table.

            I scanned the message quickly.

 

To Song Eunhye

 

Sorry to bother you so late at night!  Manager-nim just emailed me and said that we would be working together on a commercial.  I want you to have my phone number just in case you need to contact me.  Good luck and work hard!

 

-Lee Jungshin

 

            I chuckled softly as I read the text message.  The maknae must have been super excited to work with me, or he wouldn’t have texted me this late at night.  “It’s Jungshin-ssi!” I said to Hyesung while replying to the text message.

 

To Lee Jungshin

 

Yes, I’m looking forward to working with you!  Thank you for your concern; I’ll try my very best!  Thanks for taking the time to send me a message and look up my phone number!  I appreciate it.

 

-Song Eunhye

 

            I smiled to myself as I pressed the send button.  Out of all the CNBLUE members, the one I was most comfortable with was Jungshin.  He seems like a nice guy, and he won’t hesitate to reprimand the other members even though he’s the maknae.  A little silly at times, but over all, a nice person.

            I grinned as I tucked myself into my bed and set the alarm for the next day.  I think I was beginning to make a new friend.

 

            “WAKE UP, SLEEPY HEAD!” Hyesung screamed while tearing the covers off of my body.  I shivered at the sudden rush of cold air.

            “I’m getting up,” I moaned as I rubbed my tired eyes.  I checked the clock.  “It’s only six A.M.,” I groaned while laying back down.  Hyesung smacked my with a pillow.

            “Idiot!  You’re the lucky one with the photo shoot, and you won’t even wake up to be there on time!” she screamed at me.  A wave of realization hit me.  I had my first photo shoot today.  I scrambled out of bed and ran a brush through my hair quickly.  I brushed my teeth at the speed of light and threw on some decent clothes.  They were going to put make up on me and make me change anyway, so all I had to do was make myself presentable.  I didn’t have time to make a lunch, so I prayed that the staff would treat us out to lunch.

            I wanted the staff to have a good first impression of me, so I quickly fixed my hair and grabbed my guitar.  I shoved a piece of toast into my mouth as I hailed a cab.

 

            Where is she?  All the staff was supposed to meet up at 6:30 A.M. for setup and make up.  “Hey, can we start your hair?” a stylist asked me when holding the door open for me.  I shook my head.

            “I’ll wait for Eunhye for a few more minutes,” I said while glancing at my watch.  It was 6:37, so she was already a whole seven minutes late!  “Ugh, you should never be late for your first job!” I exclaimed exasperatedly to myself as I paced the area in front of the building.

            “Sorry that I’m late!  There was so much traffic; I had to run all the way here!” an out of breath Eunhye called out to the staff, including me.  I let out a sigh of relief.  I motioned for her to come to me.

            “It’s fine; you’re not that late,” I said while tugging on her sleeve.  I dragged Eunhye inside of the building.  We were running 7 minutes behind, so that meant that we had to do the photo shoot a little faster than usual.  “Your dressing room is right across from mine; the stylists should be waiting inside,” I said as I ushered Eunhye into her dressing room.  “Tell them if you need anything; I’ll see you in a little bit,” I shouted as the staff began to primp her up and give her directions for the photo shoot.  Things were about to get hectic.

 

            “EVERYONE, ON SET NOW!” the director shouted, using a megaphone.  I was pushed out of the dressing room at the speed of light.  I quickly went through our routine in my mind.  One, take some pictures cooking rice.  Two, take pictures serving rice to Jungshin, my “boyfriend.”  Three, eat rice together.  That was our whole schedule put into simple words.  Unfortunately, it was a lot harder than it sounded.  “MORE EMOTION!” the director screamed at me.  I shriveled under his harsh gaze.  How could I show emotion while COOKING RICE?!  That was just bizarre.  I sighed and did what I was told.  It was never good to argue with the director on your first job.

            “Um excuse me,” a shy looking girl said while tapping the scary director’s shoulder. “I’m the photographer, so I should be the one to yell at the staff,” she said meekly.  I was almost scared for her.  That director was pretty intimidating, even the experienced Jungshin didn’t have the guts to talk to him.

            Surprisingly, the director just nodded and left to cool down.  I sighed in relief.  “Why don’t we start from the beginning?  Miss Song, try forgetting that the photo shoot is about cooking rice.  Pretend it’s also like a movie,” the photographer said while guiding me back to my position on the set.  I nodded and tried the scene for the tenth time.

            Luckily, it was not a video commercial.  It was just a photo shoot, so I didn’t have to worry about remembering any lines.  Jungshin was standing in the corner watching me because he wasn’t supposed to be in any photos yet.

            I hummed a soft tune while cooking rice.  I actually had to cook the rice for the photo shoot.  The photographer didn’t say anything once I finished, so I assumed she was giving me the green light to move onto the next step.

            The staff placed an identical rice cooker nearby.  As I opened it, the photographer immediately started taking pictures.  I guess I was doing it correctly.  Jungshin sat down at a table nearby with a cup of coffee.  I scooped up some rice into a bowl while smiling widely.  There was no room for mistakes now; a lot of time had passed while trying to get the first scene perfect.

            I slowly walked up to Jungshin.  He looked up at me and smiled.  Although he was only acting, he looked so happy.  I gave in to my urge to smile back at him as I set the bowl of rice in front of him.  Jungshin placed his hand on my arm and lightly pulled me into the chair next to him.  I chuckled softly.  All we had to do left was the eating rice part.

            Luckily, a spoon was already on the table.  ONE spoon.  My eyes widened as I realized what they wanted us to do.  I decided to take charge by using the spoon to scoop some rice out of the bowl.  I tried to smile as naturally as I could.  I casually brought the spoon to Jungshin’s lips.  “Ahhhhh,” he said while opening his mouth.  I couldn’t help but let out a soft laugh.  I gently pushed the spoon into his mouth.  Jungshin ate the rice slowly, every second a good opportunity for the photographer.  He took the spoon from my hands.  This was my chance to show off my acting skills.  I tried to mimic the scene Jungshin portrayed earlier, while adding a twist of my own.

            I opened my mouth widely.  As soon as Jungshin put the spoon is my mouth I chomped down on the spoon as hard as I could.  There was a soft, metallic sounding thunk.  Jungshin’s mouth curved upwards it a grin and he burst into laughter.  I made a funny face while eating the rice, and I could hear some staff members laughing in the background also.

            “AND, CUT!  We’re done!” the photographer said loudly.  I sighed in relief as I spat out the spoon from my mouth.  All the staff began to clap after the long, hard work.  Jungshin was really good at this stuff, I don’t think he messed up at all!

            It was around noon when Jungshin and I finished thanking the staff for all their hard work.  “Hey, do you want to grab something to eat?” he asked as we walked through the hallways of the venue of the photo shoot.  I grinned widely.

            “I have an even better idea,” I said, “We can eat the extra rice that the company sent over in case I messed up on the cooking part!  I think there might be some side dishes or some stew in the staff refrigerator!”  Jungshin laughed and lightly bopped me on the head.

            “Sure, that will save us a lot of money,” he said while chuckling.  We walked to the staff kitchen in a comfortable silence.

            “Ummm excuse me,” I said while tugging on Jungshin’s sleeve lightly.  He looked down at me, shock written on his face because he hadn’t expected me to talk to him while we walked.  A smile quickly replaced the shock as he waited for what I was going to say.  “I don’t mean this in a bad way, but why did they pick you for the commercial out of all the other CNBLUE members?” I asked while looking up at the extremely tall man.  He laughed.

            “Are you trying to say they are more handsome than me, you little rascal?!  It’s because I’m tall,” he said while trying to contain his laughter.  That was probably right, since Jungshin was the tallest member.  He had decided to do his solo shots yesterday, and then just do the collaboration ones today so he wouldn’t be too pressured with all the work.  Unfortunately, no one informed me that I could have done the same thing, so I had to make sure I did everything perfectly today.  I would have to comeback tomorrow to take some more solo shots.  They asked me to bring my guitar, for some strange reason.  What do rice and guitars have in common?

            “That’s not what I meant!” I denied embarrassedly. “I was just wondering why they didn’t pick the whole band or something!” I said while searching through my mind for excuses.

            “Woah, calm down, kiddo!” Jungshin said while holding the door to the kitchen open for me, “I was joking around!” Jungshin chuckled as we searched through the refrigerator.  “There’s lots of side dishes left in here, and some scrambled egg too,” Jungshin side while taking things out and placing them on the counter.  I quickly got two bowls and filled them with leftover rice from the rice cooker.

            “I feel like a poor person again!” I said while chuckling softly.  Now, my family wasn’t poor, but we weren’t wealthy either.  When I lived in America and there was a depression, my family still was fairly well off.  But you know how weird parents can be.  My parents thought that giving me lunch would spend too much money, so I took the leftover side dishes and rice from dinner and packed it for lunch.  Eating with Jungshin really made me reminisce about the past.  I complained so much about my life now, but wasn’t my life back then worse?

            “Hmm, did you say something?” Jungshin asked while using a spoon to dump the side dishes onto our rice.  I shook my head.  “Ahh, I just realized I put noodles on top of rice!” Jungshin said while laughing.  I looked at our bowls and found that he actually had put chap chae on top of our rice along with some more side dishes including kimchi and pickled radish.  I laughed at the weird combination of food.

            “Well, at least it’s something!” I said while picking up my bowl, spoon, and chopsticks.  “Thank you!” I said to Jungshin as he picked up his bowl too.

            “Hey this is actually pretty good!” Jungshin exclaimed while shoving the food into his mouth.  We probably both looked like we had been starved.

            “Yeah, it’s delicious,” I managed to blurt out as I spooned the makeshift lunch into my mouth.  Jungshin chuckled at how much of a glutton I am.

            “Hey, I don’t want to interrupt your feasting, but I was wondering….” Jungshin began.   “What were you and Yonghwa doing that took so long?”

            I choked on the rice that I was eating.  “E-excuse me?” I said, my body frozen to the spot.  So many things were rushing through my mind at that moment.  Could Jungshin possibly have a clue to what we were doing? 
 

Well, did you like it?  I literally just finished it 5 minutes ago XD!  I didn't know what I wanted to use as a cliff hanger~.  Ahhh please comment!  I think the will be aroung chapter 25-30, does that sound good?