Party

Sunbae-Nim!

 

I tried to make this really long~ Please enjoy!

Chapter 14: Party

            “Yes!  It’s finally over!” Hyesung exclaimed as our first music video as a duo finished broadcasting.  I grinned.  We were officially “ST4R” from now on.

            “Save the celebrating for our party,” I teased as I picked up my bags.  We would have a debut party at the FNC building in a few hours.  We had to go back to the dorm to change.  Hyesung and I entered the taxi.  This would be the last time we could go around without people taking pictures of us.

            Everything was working out nicely.  Yonghwa and I were just friends, but we got along well.  Hyesung and I hung out with CNBLUE every once in a while because they were our neighbors.

            “Eunhye, what should I wear?” Hyesung asked while looking through her closet.  I shrugged as I put on a white lace dress that I had wanted to wear for quite a while.  It was all thanks to Yonghwa that I’m here in the first place.  I’m really glad that we’re friends again.  I would have to quit my job at the coffee shop soon, and I couldn’t ride my bike to work anymore.  Everything would be different now.

            A loud knock echoed throughout the apartment.  I picked up my bag and hurriedly opened the door.  Hyesung wasn’t far behind.

            “Congratulations!” the four CNBLUE members shouted as they stood on our doorstep.  I grinned as we followed them to the fan we would be taking to our debut party.  Jonghyun sat in the drivers seat and the engine.

            “You’re all dolled up today,” Jonghyun pointed out as he pulled out of the driveway.  I smiled.

            “So are you guys,” I said, taking note that all of them were dressed in fairly nice clothes.

            Yonghwa laughed, but then his attitude became serious.  “Ah, you need to resign tomorrow, right, Eunhye?  Do you want me to come with you?” Yonghwa asked concerdly.

            I nodded.  “That would be nice,” I replied.

            When we reached the FNC building, I got out of the car excitedly.  “Not so fast, Eunhye!  We still have to introduce you to Juniel-ah.  You guys haven’t met yet,” Yonghwa said while directing us to a dressing room.

            There was a girl sitting in a chair with a bunch of stylists surrounding her.  “Dongsaeng, the newbie is here to meet you,” Yonghwa called out to Juniel.  She turned around and smiled.

            “I’ve heard your songs; they wonderful,” she said while flashing me a brilliant smile.  I blushed.

            “It’s an honor to meet you, Juniel-ssi!  I’m a big fan,” I said while bowing.  Juniel was my idol.  I had always wanted to meet her.

            “You don’t have to be so formal,” Juniel said while chuckling.  “We’re about the same age, and soon you’ll be just as popular as me!” she exclaimed while ruffling my hair.  I heard a loud cough from behind me.

            “Well, we don’t want to interrupt your photo shoot, so we’ll get going now,” Yonghwa said hastily while dragging me out of the room.  I sent a quick wave at Juniel as I was pulled out of the room.  I glared at Yonghwa.  “What?  We’re all busy,” Yonghwa said in mock innocence as we walked into CNBLUE’s practice room.  I groaned.  I really had wanted to chat with Juniel for a while.  Unfortunately, the FT ISLAND members were away in Japan so it would just be the CNBLUE members and ST4R celebrating.  I sat on the floor of the practice room and yawned.

            “Aren’t there supposed to be people taking pictures?” Hyesung asked as she pulled a chair to the center of the room.  Jungshin nodded.

            “Yeah, they’ll be coming in a few minutes, but they can only stay for an hour,” Jungshin explained.  I stood up quickly and sat on a chair.  If people were going to take pictures, I best not sit on the floor.

            “After they leave, the real partying begins!” Jonghyun said excitedly.  I groaned.  We would have to suffer one hour of posing for the cameras and answering reporters’ questions before we could really celebrate.  The door to the practice room opened and the first few reporters surrounded us.

            “Good luck,” Yonghwa whispered while gently clapping me on the back.  I nodded as the interviewers began to fire questions at me.

            Minhyuk leaned over and whispered into my ear, “Don’t worry, just be yourself.”  I grinned as I began to introduce myself to the reporters.  Hopefully, I would be able to withstand this one hour of torture.

            “It’s finally over!” Hyesung sighed in relief.  I groaned and took a giant gulp out of my water bottle.  I didn’t know talking and posing for pictures could be this tiring.  “Mmmm, let’s play truth or dare!” Hyesung said excitedly.

            “But I’m hungry,” I protested.

            “Some of the reporters brought fruit baskets,” Jungshin said while pointing to the congratulations gifts that were piled up in the corner.

            “I’ll go first!” Hyesung declared as we all sat in a circle on the floor.

            “NO ONE SAID WE WERE PLAYING!” I said.  I leaned over and dragged a basket of fruit into my lap.

            “Hey, I’m up for it,” Jonghyun said mischievously.  Those two were up to something.  I sighed.

            “Okay, okay, what are the rules?” I asked while peeling open a tangerine.  I offered Yonghwa a slice of tangerine.  He ate it out of my hand.  “What are you doing?!” I exclaimed as he his lips.  He chuckled.

            “I was hungry,” he shrugged off my question.  Hyesung coughed loudly.

            “Er, okay,” she said awkwardly, “if you can’t do the dare or answer the question, you have to do whatever the person wants.”  I chuckled.  Her rules for games were so weird, and knowing the Hyesung, we probably wouldn’t follow the rules anyway.  We all nodded in agreement.  “I’ll start!” Hyesung exclaimed excitedly.  She turned to face Jonghyun.

            “Truth please,” Jonghyun said while wearing a bored look.

            “Why do you look foreign?” she asked simply.  I choked on the tangerine I was eating and burst into laughter.

            “I can’t answer that!  I was born that way!” Jonghyun said with great ferver.

            “HE LOOKS COMPLETELY KOREAN TO ME,” I said while sticking my tongue out at Hyesung.  I finished eating my tangerine and wiped my hands on a napkin.

            “My turn!” Jonghyun said mischievously.  He looked at Yonghwa.

            “Truth,” Yonghwa said nervously.  It was dreadfully silent as we waited for Jonghyun to ask Yonghwa a question.

            “Who’s that girl on your phone?  Is she your girlfriend?” Jonghyun asked with an evil smirk.  Yonghwa blushed and stared at the floor.

            “H-how did you find out about that?!” Yonghwa exclaimed.  I sent him a glare.  Such a player, kissing me when he already had a girlfriend.

            “That doesn’t matter!  You have to answer!” Jonghyun demanded.  Yonghwa gulped nervously.

            “I can’t.  I’ll do anything you want,” Yonghwa said.

            “Anything?  Then I want you to answer my question,” Jonghyun said while smirking.  Of course, Jonghyun had to find a loophole in the rules.  Yonghwa pulled the phone out of his pocket shakily.

            “She’s not my girlfriend,” he said while unlocking his phone.  He reluctantly handed it over to Jonghyun.

            I gasped as I saw a quick glimpse of the photo.  “WHAT THE-“ I exclaimed.  Now I wasn’t the type of person who cussed, so I went silent before I could say any bad words.  Yonghwa stared at the floor, his face crimson.

            “Is that-?” Minhyuk asked, looking extremely shocked.  Yonghwa nodded in shame.  I gawked at him.

            “When did you take this?!” I asked embarrassedly while pointing to the phone.  The background image of Yonghwa’s phone was a picture of me sleeping.

            “Er, the café.  You dozed off while I was drinking my coffee.  Do you not remember?  I was sitting right in front of you,” Yonghwa said awkwardly.  I didn’t know whether to be embarrassed or angry.  It was a good thing that I was resigning because if my manager found out that I had fallen asleep while working, I would be fired.  Minhyuk gawked at Yonghwa.  Jungshin laughed nervously.

            “Umm that’s not creepy at all,” Jungshin joked to relieve some of the awkwardness.  Jonghyun chuckled, his evil plan beginning to unfold.  He knew that it was me; he just wanted to embarrass us in front of everyone else.

            “Haha, you’re just as much of a stalker as Eunhye.  Your poste-“ I clapped my hand over Hyesung’s mouth before she could say more.

            “DON’T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT,” I hissed at her while removing my hand.  She chuckled and scratched the back of her neck.

            “It’s Yonghwa’s turn,” Hyesung said excitedly, eager to get the game moving.  Yonghwa awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

            “Minhyuk.  Truth or dare?” Yonghwa said.  Minhyuk looked surprised that Yonghwa was asking him.

            “Um, dare,” Minhyuk said slowly.  Yonghwa nodded and began to think.  He smirked as an idea popped into his head.

            “I dare you to buy me some food,” Yonghwa said.  I laughed.  That wasn’t even a real dare.  I guess Yonghwa got hungry and wanted stuff other than fruit.

            “Neh, I’ll go now!” Minhyuk said diligently.  He got up and left the room to buy some dinner.

            “Hmmm, I’ll go now!” Jungshin said happily.  He looked at me.  “Truth or dare?” he asked.  I used my hands to make a “T” symbol.  He nodded.  “Where did you have your first kiss?” he asked jokingly.  I glanced at Yonghwa and blushed.

            “Erm, a bathroom,” I said while twiddling my thumbs.  Hyesung burst out into laughter.

            “How romantic,” she snickered.  Yonghwa whacked her on the back of her head lightly.  “Ow!” Hyesung said while rubbing her head.

            “That’s not funny,” Yonghwa said seriously.  My mouth twitched into a small smile.  Hyesung pouted and looked at me.

            “Hey, I have an idea!  We only have to do dares if we can’t answer the questions,” Hyesung said cheerfully.  I nodded.  That seemed like a better idea.

            “Okay then.  Hyesung, are you a man?” I joked.  Hyesung sent me a shocked glance.  She gawked at me.

            “I’M NOT A MAN!  YOU’VE SEEN ME FOR GOODNESS SAKE!” she shouted at me.  I laughed.

            “Just kidding; you don’t need to get so worked up about it,” I said while chuckling.  She pouted and crossed her arms.  Minhyuk walked in with food, but Hyesung was still pouting.  “This means that it’s your turn,” I said while trying to get her in a better mood.

            “Oooh~ then everyone, here’s my question for all of you,” Hyesung said excitedly while clapping her hands.  Minhyuk sat down on the floor with the rest of us.  “If you could do one thing over, what would it be?  In other words, what do you regret doing the most?” she asked while grinning.  She used a water bottle and pointed it at Jonghyun so he could answer first.  He was busy stuffing his face with food, so didn’t answer for a while.

            Jonghyun coughed to clear his throat.  “Hm, I think I should have done more acting roles so I can be more popular that Yonghwa hyung,” Jonghyun said absentmindedly.  There was probably something else, but he didn’t want to say it.  Hyesung moved onto Minhyuk.

            “When I was swimming and my shorts fell off.  I wish that never happened,” Minhyuk said while blushing.  He stared at the floor.  I chuckled softly.  I leaned over and leaned over to steal some ddukbokki from Yonghwa’s plate.  He pouted, but allowed me to steal a piece and pop it into my mouth.

            “I wish I could have seen that,” Jonghyun teased while laughing.  Minhyuk’s cheeks were crimson.

            “I wish I learned more instruments,” Jungshin said, trying to relieve Minhyuk of some of his embarrassment.  I nodded.  Jungshin’s regret was pretty reasonable.  He only knew how to play bass, so it was tough composing songs.

            I thought long and hard about the question.  “I don’t have any regrets.  I like my life the way it is,” I said after thinking for a few minutes.  Minhyuk gawked at me.

            “REALLY?  I HAVE SO MANY REGRETS,” Minhyuk exclaimed while pouting.  Yonghwa bopped him on the head.

            “That’s because you’re such a daredevil,” Yonghwa said sarcastically.  Minhyuk stuck his tongue out at Yonghwa.

            “You haven’t answered yet!” Hyesung said while smirking evilly.  Yonghwa looked deep in thought.  “Remember, you have to be honest,” Hyesung reminded him.  Yonghwa nodded.

            “I’ll say this truthfully, but only once.  I regret not telling the truth, and if it makes her happy, I’ll do it now,” Yonghwa said cryptically.  He took a deep breath.  “I was the one who scouted Eunhye-ah,” he said hastily.  I gawked at him, and several of the others’ jaws dropped.  Yonghwa smiled at me.  The corners of my lips curled upwards.  Truthfully, I could care less about Yonghwa telling them that now.  He didn’t tell because he was concerned about me anyway.  My only problem was that I have no reason to hate him anymore.  I couldn’t make up any more excuses.  I was sick and tired of pretending to hate Yonghwa.  It’s much harder to hate someone than to be friends.  I hoped that we could stay that way: just friends.  That’s all.

            “You’re kidding me,” Jonghyun said, wide-eyed.  He looked like he just had a giant realization.  I nodded while grinning at him.  “That explains a lot,” Jonghyun said while chuckling lightly.

DID YOU LIKE THIS? I hope you did.  I'd love it if you commented.  I might not update a lot this week because I have tons of exams -___- I would prefer to write for you guys, but I HAVE TO DO WELL.  Thanks for understanding<3