Moving

Sunbae-Nim!

 

Please enjoy~  I tried to make this a little longer~

Chapter 13: Moving

            “What’s up between you two?” Hyesung asked me as we rode to my house in a taxi.  I stiffened.

            “Between me and who?” I said, trying to evade the topic.  I was uncomfortable talking about Yonghwa with people.  I didn’t want to create a scandal about what had happened.  I didn’t want to be the person who ruined his career.

            “YOU KNOW WHO, Yonghwa-oppa!” Hyesung groaned while face palming.  I winced at his name.  How could I be so naïve and stupid to fall for that jerk?  I don’t know when it happened, but I slowly fell for him.  I had to stop it right now.  It’s impossible for us to be together.

            “Oh, what’s up with us?  I don’t know, we’re pretty good friends,” I said.  It was true.  In public, Yonghwa and I got along well.  But in private, there was so much tension in the air and I always messed it up somehow.

            “You’ll have to tell me eventually,” she pleaded.  I nodded uneasily as we reached my house.

            As soon as we entered my room, I blushed in embarrassment.  “SO THAT’S WHY YOU’RE SO AWKWARD!” Hyesung exclaimed loudly as she pointed at my Yonghwa poster.  I really had to take that down soon.  Hyesung burst into laughter.  I blushed and dropped onto my bed.  Only my best friend, Eun Jo, and my family knew about my crush on Jung Yonghwa.

            “That’s from a long time ago!” I stammered.  Hyesung snickered.  She didn’t mention anything more about Yonghwa for the rest of the night.

            We started moving into the dorm early in the morning.  It was a cozy apartment with one bedroom but two beds.  There was a small kitchen and a normal sized bathroom and dining room.  This was better than I imagined.  I sat on my bed and sighed.  We had been moving for the past 3 hours.  It was around noon, and now all we had to do was unpack our stuff.  The doorbell rang loudly.

            “Eunhye, can you get that?” Hyesung shouted as she carried several boxes into our room.  I nodded and ran to the front door.

            “Hello, new neighbor!” Minhyuk exclaimed cheerfully.  The four CNBLUE members walked past me into the apartment, leaving me standing in the doorway extremely stunned.  No one had told me that we’d be neighbors.  Yonghwa placed a box on the dining table.

            “I brought lunch!  Chicken!” Yonghwa shouted, calling me over to the table.  I gawked at the four members.  Jonghyun nudged me slightly.

            “Go eat, you look hungry,” he chuckled softly.  I nodded.  Everyone except Hyesung sat down at the dining table that had just been placed there an hour earlier.

            “Ah, sunbae-nim, are you feeling better?” I asked Yonghwa.  I couldn’t help but notice the bruise he was smarting on his cheek.  I wonder how he explained that to the other CNBLUE members.

            Yonghwa nodded cheerfully.  He was such a good actor.  He could fake that there was no awkwardness between us.  I nodded slowly as I set out paper plates for everyone.  “Ah, I heard that you love meat, newbie,” Yonghwa called out to me as I sat down at the table again.  I blushed.  WHY DID YONGHWA HAVE TO BE SO NICE TO ME?!  At this rate, I was going to go crazy.

            “Ah yeah, I do!  Thank you,” I said while sitting down.  “Oops!  I forgot about unni,” I said to myself.  “HYESUNG, TIME TO EAT!” I shouted for her to come out of our room.  Hyesung walked out of the room and sat next to me.

            “Oh my god,” she gasped as she saw the swollen purple flesh on Yonghwa’s face.  “What happened to you?!’” she exclaimed.  Yonghwa chuckled nervously and touched his bruise.

            “What, this?  I fell off my bed in the middle of the night.  I’m really clumsy,” Yonghwa said nonchalantly.  I frowned.  I felt terrible for being the cause of his injury.  I also made him have to lie to his friends.  “Hey, Eunhye-ssi, why aren’t you eating?  I bought this for you!” Yonghwa said jokingly while putting some chicken on my plate.  I thanked him and ate my food before I felt even worse about myself.

            When we were done eating, Hyesung complained about not having groceries in the apartment.  Everyone decided to go to the store and buy some groceries.  “I think I’ll just stay; I still have so much to do,” I said while throwing away all our trash.  I looked at all the boxes stacked in the living room.  I needed to at least unpack all my essentials by tonight, so I might as well do it now.  It’s not like we needed six people to go grocery shopping.  I went to our room and began to unpack all my music related things.

            I heard a creaking noise come from the hallway.  “Hello?” I called out.  I peered out of my room.  “Yonghwa?!” I exclaimed as I saw a figure walking towards me.  “What are you doing back here already?” I asked as Yonghwa entered my room awkwardly.

            “Um, I wanted to talk.  I told the other that I wasn’t feeling well,” Yonghwa said while scratching the back of his head.  I nodded slowly.

            “Erm, sunbae-nim, before we talk… I want to say I’m really sorry.  I didn’t mean to hurt you,” I said while staring at the floor.  Yonghwa chuckled.

            “I was going to apologize.  It’s partly my fault too,” Yonghwa said while leaning on my desk.  I looked up at him and winced at the sight of his bruise.

            “Um, let’s do something about that bruise,” I said while walking over to Yonghwa.  I led him to the bathroom and got some ointment out of the cabinet.  Yonghwa leaned against the bathroom sink.  I brought my hand up to his face.  “I’m really sorry,” I whispered as I gently caressed the tender flesh on his face.  Because of me, his activities would probably have to be halted for a month.

            “Stop apologizing,” Yonghwa commanded.  I shut my mouth, and I felt tears begin to form in my eyes.  I stared at the ground as I applied the medicine to Yonghwa’s face.  He winced.  I was about to say sorry, but I held back my words.  “Oh geez, I didn’t mean to make you cry,” Yonghwa said in a panic.  He reached over and gently wiped the tears off my cheeks with his thumb.  I finished putting the ointment on his face, but Yonghwa didn’t move.  “I’m sorry if I’m mean.  It’s just that… you make me do things I usually wouldn’t do,” Yonghwa said awkwardly.  He cupped my face in his hands.  I stood there frozen in time.

            “It’s my fault too.  I’m always irrational,” I whispered.  Yonghwa leaned forward and pressed his forehead against mine.  I have to admit, even with a giant bruise, Yonghwa still looked gorgeous.  He stared into my eyes.

            “Sometimes irrational is good,” he breathed with his forehead still pressed against mine.  Our noses were almost touching, but I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all.  It felt like we were in our own world.  Nobody else could interrupt us, and I wouldn’t have to worry about being heartbroken because the entertainment industry split us apart.  “Let’s have a redo of your first kiss,” Yonghwa whispered.  He closed the gap between us.  I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the feeling of Yonghwa kissing me.  It was like a dream come true.  I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kissed me passionately.

            “WE’RE BACK!” Minhyuk announced loudly as the door slammed open.  Yonghwa and I jumped apart from each other.  We were startled, so Yonghwa and I ran out of the bathroom to help the others carry the groceries inside.  I tried to balance 3 bags of groceries in my arms, but I almost lost my balance.  Yonghwa chuckled and took two bags out of my arms.

            “Did something happen between the two of them?” I heard Hyesung whisper to Jonghyun behind my back.  I hummed to myself as I put the groceries away.

            “It seems like it,” Jonghyun replied.  I smiled to myself like an idiot as I finished unpacking everything.  Maybe things would work out after all.

GOSH MINHYUK.  YOU HAD TO INTERRUPT. -___-