You Idiot

Baby Maybe

Seohyun walked down the street, her face deep buried in a hat. She was a celebrity, she had to wear disguise. It was a month after the incident in the cafe. She hasn't seen Yonghwa since then.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her back. She turned around.

There stood a boy she never seen before, but was pretty familiar to her. He was in a school uniform.

"Do I know you?" Seohyun said.

"Yeah! You're Seohyun noona!"

The boy obviously knew her personally, if he was calling her noona.

"Hey! Nice to see you...um... what's your name?"

The boy laughed. "My name is Jung YongChul. Yonghwa's cousin? You're his girlfriend." 

Now, Seohyun understood. The boy looked so much like Yonghwa!

"Oh...um... we broke up a month ago..." Seohyun said uncomfortably.

There was silence, then Yonghwa's cousin laughed.

"What? You got a great sense of humor, Seohyun noona, I can see why Yonghwa hyung loves you."

"I.. I'm serious."

"Don't take me for a fool, noona. Yonghwa hyung showed me your picture two days ago and went on about what an amazing girlfriend he has."

He sighed wistfully. "I'd steal you for myself.. but then I'd be the bad guy."

Yonghwa's cousin shoved something in her hand. "Here. See you around noona!"

He ran back to his friends, who were obviously still in high school.

What are you doing Jung Yonghwa?

Why did you dump me and still go around telling people I'm your girlfriend?

Do you still love me?

Then why can't you tell me, you idiot?


Seohyun stood in front of Yonghwa's house. The house she hung out in so many times.

She knocked on the door. No one answered, so she went around the back to the yard. 

Yonghwa's window was right over her head and she heard soft voices coming out.

At first, she cringed, thinking it was Shinhye, but when she listened closer, she realized it was a recording.

Of her. And Yong.

"Haha, oppa, you're so funny." 16 year old Seohyun said.

"Call me Yong. And plus, you're the same age as me. Use banmal." 

At first, Seohyun thought it was the recording. But she realized that Yonghwa was speaking to the recording.

"All right, it's my turn to sing a song. I'll go deaf listening to your terrible voice."

"Fine, let's see how well you sing." Yonghwa talked back to the recording.

"This is for my special boyfriend Yong! I love you!"

"I love you too," Yonghwa replied.

 Then, she heard buttons clicking, and the 16 year old Seohyun said,

"This is for my special boyfriend Yong! I love you!"

"This is for my special boyfriend Yong! I love you!"

"I love you!"

"I love you!"

"I love you!"

The recording clicked. She heard a CD pop out.

"Now, let's hear why you are sneaking around my house like a little rat." Yonghwa poked his head out the window.

"Oppa! I mean, Yonghwa ssi..."

"Let's hear it."

"I want to know."

"Know what? I have nothing to say to you."

"I want to know why you're telling your family that we're still dating when you broke up with me. I want to know why you're locked up in your room, listening to me saying I love you. I want to know if you still love me, and your're just lying to yourself."

"..."

"Don't make me regret that I threw away our couple ring! Tell me you hate me! Tell me you broke up with me because you didn't like me! So...I wouldn't be the bad guy."

"...Go home." 

"Yong-"

"I said go home!"

"..."

"You're already the bad guy. So just shut up and go home! It's getting late."

Yonghwa shut his window. 

Seohyun slumped and started to walk away. 

But she turned, and yelled, "I still like you! Call me if you can forgive me! Please." Her voice faltered at the end.

She ran back home, her feet fast so she wouldn't hear Yonghwa's reply.

Few minutes later, a hand opened the window and popped in a CD in the CD player. 

The owner of the hand sat on the ledge of the window, listening to Hyun's voice singing softly.

And he whispered. "I love you too."


Seohyun went to the hospital next. The hospital that Yonghwa's dad worked at. 

Ironically, he was her doctor too.

She barged into his office and sat down. Dr. Jung was studying a picture.

"Can you.. give this... to Yong?" Seohyun was out of breath. She handed him her hair pin. 

"What? Seohyun,-"

"He'll know what it is. Just... give it to him."

"All right, then."

She turned to leave, but Dr. Jung called her back. 

"Seohyun ssi?"

"Yes?"

"You're smart. I need your help. I have a question."

"Um... sure Dr. Jung." She sat back down.

Dr. Jung showed her the picture he was studying. "What do you think that is?"

"...it looks like a stone."

Dr. Jung laughed, but it was a tired laugh. "Well, it looks like a stone. But what in medical terms?"

"Hmm... a cancer cell."

"How big is it?"

"About 8 cm."

"Will this person live?"

"I don't think so. He has 3 months at best."

Dr. Jung laughed sadly. "You should become a doctor, Ms. Seo. I'll be waiting for you as my co-worker."

"Thank you," Seohyun bowed and walked out.

Dr. Jung sighed. 

"Remember this picture, Seohyun ssi. Remember it when you're with Kyuhyun."


A/N I might not update for a while! Whew! 4 chapters in a row! I"ll be starting new fanfics, so be on the look out for them!