Discovered

Baby Maybe

SeoHyun dragged her body into her house.

"My lovely daughter! You decide to go hang out with you boyfriend instead of saying hello to your parent?" Her dad pretended to be hurt and ticked off.

"DAD!! I told you not to spy on me. How much did you hear?"

"Well, you're going through puberty late. If 'how much did you hear' means did you hear everything, the answer is YES."

"Uggh..." Seohyun rolled her eyes and slammed the door of her sound booth.

"Star light, star bright!" Seohyun's dad sang on the top of his lungs.

Seohyun sat on her chair of her recording studio. She calmed down. It was time to record the new song that she wrote. 

Technically, the song wasn't new- she wrote it 5 years ago when she first met Yonghwa. She just never gave a tune to it, or thought about recording it.

She finally had some time alone, and that was the only thing she thought of doing.

She pressed record on her video camera and sat at the piano. She began playing and started singing softly into the microphone. 

 

Baby baby baby I didn't believe in love, I used to build a wall around myself

Baby baby baby I used to think I'll be alright on my own, I had foolish thoughts- then I met you

 

People talk about how ackward I became, Nervous and heartbeats fast, even i don't know what to do

Nowdays, my friends are telling me "Who is this guy? Amazing guy that changed you."

 

I'm madly in love with you- what should I do?

Why'd you appear so suddenly now? Where have you been?

 

Put your hands up if you feel like this -if you're in love, if you feel like it's real

Put your hands up if you feel like this -if you found your love, if you're sincere about it

 

Baby Baby Baby Places I've been with you, it makes your scent come back every moment

Maybe Maybe Maybe I'll wear your perfume so you'll always be with me

 

Love scenes from romantic movies"I only see you" I used to laugh at these childish lines

But I've changed, when I see you I say this "I only see you, You're the only one, my boo, my baby"

 

You and I love, oh so wrapped up, what should i do?

Why'd you appear so suddenly now? Where have you been?

 

I hesitated at first , my stubborn self

But now myself is reflected in your shining eyes, and I think I changed

If you feel the same way, and you feel like this hey!

put your hand up if you feel like this, put your hand up if you feel like this

 

Like this, like this, like this, like this, Like this, like this, like this, like this

 

You and I love, oh so wrapped up, what should i do?

Why'd you appear so suddenly now? Where have you been?

 

Put your hands up if you feel like this -if you're in love, if you feel like it's real

Put your hands up if you feel like this -if you found your love, if you're sincere about it

 

Seohyun finished her song and smiled with pleasure. She pressed stop. 

Then slowly, a grin spread over her face and she let out a whoop. She finished it in one try.

What sould she name it? She twirled her hair in her fingers. 

Aha! Baby maybe.... that's exactly how she felt now, hopeful that she can maybe love Yong again.

She quickly posted the video on YouTube with a private setting. 

At least she thought it was private. She forgot to change the setting from public to private. 

She had no idea what would happen with this one simple mistake. 


"SEOHYUN!!!" Seohyun awoke to her mom violently shaking her.

"What mom, it's a Saturday, it's only 9 am! Let me sleep!!!"

"No, it's not that! You're a star!!!"

"Mom, I'm not getting out of bed, no matter what tricks you decide to play."

Suddenly her phone rang. Yonghwa, it read. She looked at her mom apologeticallFy and answered the phone.

"HYUUUUUN!!!! You're an Internet sensation!!!" Yonghwa shouted.

"What?!"

"Your video of your song! Baby Maybe? It's posted on YouTube! It has 5 million views!"

SeoHyun jumped out of her bed at that news and her phone to look at her video. Indeed, comments were pouring out and the views were going up by the second.

"Uh oh...." Seohyun thought.

"Told you." Her mom stared smugly at her.

Seohyun stuck her tongue out at her and scrolled through the comments.

Wow! Amazing voice and lyrics! A star is born!

Who's the song for? I wish someone as pretty as her will sing to me.

Seohyun slapped herself. She put on her jacket, brushed her hair and was about to open the door.

"Seohyun, you might not want to do that-"

Seohyun slammed open the door. There was papparazzi and fans screaming at the top of their lungs.

She quickly closed the door again and sighed.

"I only uploaded a stupid home video. Everyone does that." Seohyun muttered.

What's so different about me?

She asked him the same question that day on the phone.

"I can't even get out of my house without papparazzi trying to take a pic of me. What's so different about this stupid home video? What's speciala about me oppa?"

The man laughed. "It's that you're so pretty. That's the first thing I said to you remebmer? Why would I like you if you're not special?"

"Haha, oppa, you can make me feel better anyday." Seohyun said goodbye and hung up.

"Who was that?" 

Seohyun dropped her phone and spun around. 

Yonghwa.

"Yong?"

"I fight through papparazzi, I call your parents and they barely let me in, and I find you calling your 'oppa.'"

"Calm down, Yong. It's-"

"Who's that bastard?!"

"YONG! Stop being so protective over me! It's a guy I met over Aftican community service-"

"Oh, so you hung out with him for 5 months, huh? What'd you guys do? Kiss? Go farther?" Yonghwa was screaming and his face turned red.

"NO! He's an oppa that donated a lot of the money and came with his manager to Africa to actually help!"

"So he's a celebrity, huh? What, did he bribe you with money?" Yonghwa kept screaming.

"Oppa, I'm not your property. If you keep treating me like this, I'll break up with you!"

Silence

"Hyun, I'm sorry." Yonghwa muttered. "I guess I overeacted."

"It's okay, oppa." However, she felt a little guilt because she did indeed hang out with him for 5 months.

"What's his name?"

"Choi Kyuhyun."

Yonghwa was silent. THE Kyuhyun? Super Junior's maknae? 

He had some tough competition.


Yonghwa left and Seohyun buried her face in her pillow. There was a knock on the door. Seohyun's mom poked her head in.

"Sweetheart, put on a dress. We have guests."

"But-"

"Zip!" Her mom just walked out after that. So Seohyun reluctantly put on a dress and sighed.

She walked outside and was surprised to see her guests.

"JooHyun!"

"Oppa?" Slowly, grinning, Seohyun flung herself in to Kyuhyun's arms.

"Cutie-pie, I only saw you in that terrible community service clothes, never in a dress. Look how cute you look." He pinched her chick.

"Oppa, what about you? Why are you here?"

Someone cleared his throat. 

"Mr. Lee SuMan?" Seohyun gasped.

"I told him I knew you and you were my friend, " Kyuhyun shot her a wink, " and he wanted to meet you to sign a contract."

"Of course! I'm so flattered! Mom, I won't have to go to a music major now! I can go right in to the business!"

"Congratulations, honey," her parents smiled at her. "We already discussed it, so you can go ahead and sign if you want to."

"OF COURSE!" She picked up the pen and started signing when Mr. Lee said, "There is also a no-dating rule except for people within out entertainment, SM."

"Hey! Maybe we can date!" Kyuhyun said jokingly. Seohyun smiled shyly. Other people had no idea how true that was.

Then Seohyun remembered Yonghwa. 

She gulped. "What if you already have a boyfriend?"

"Um.... well, as long as the media doesn't catch you on the scene, that's fine. Why? Do you already have a boyfriend?"

"Sorta...."

"Sorta?"

"Well, I might break up with him... really soon..."

"Oh... as long as you don't get caught dating. Just give me an update." Mr. Lee shook his head. "You know, kids, and their constant dating." 

Seohyun's parents laughed nervously.

So it was final. Seohyun signed one last time at the bottom of the paper and smiled.

The deal was sealed.


Yonghwa threw his pillow against a wall.

His face was red and his fist red from punching it agaist the mirrror.

He heard everything. From the moment that JooHyun hugged Kyuhyun, to the moment when Mr. Lee joked about kids.

His phone rang and when he answered it, no one answered. Another dialing... but when he heard the smack of Seohyun's body hitting Kyuhyun's, he decided he'll listen.

The moment when she said she'll break up with him. The moment when Kyuhyun said him and Seohyun will date.

No.

Not yet.

I can't let you go just yet. 

Stay with me. Stay with me just a little longer.

Six months. That's what he said. Six months.

I'll leave you after six months. Even if you want me, I won't come back.

Six months.

Then... then you can leave me.