Debut Day: Yonghwa's Little Sister

Baby Maybe

Seohyun fumbled with her hair. It was wrapped up in to a very tight bun. She sighed.

Today was her debut day. 

She could hear the MC's voice screaming over the audience.

"Now, our overnight Internet sensation, the one and only, SeoHyun!"

She gulped. She walked stiffly out on to the stage. The spotlight felt bright on her.

She took a deep breath and began to sing.

When she was done, there was applause all over the audience. The MC walked up to Seohyun, clapping.

"Hello, SeoHyun ssi. Nice to meet you." The MC handed her another mike.

"Annyeonghaseyo,my name is  Seo JooHyuyn." She bowed politely.

"JooHyun? How'd you get the nickname Seohyun?"

"Oh, an oppa gave it to me." Seohyun thought of Yonghwa as she said this.

"Oppa? Is this a special someone?"

"No. Nothing like that, he's just an oppa." She bit her lips softly.

"Then who is this song for?"

"Um... no one, really. I just wrote it."

"The feelings seem to detailed for that. Did you have someone in the past?"

"Um.... I won't say." Seohyun casually winked at the camera. 

Inside, she thought 'What am I doing?! This isn't like me at all!"

The MC laughed. "All right then, so tell us, how did you feel when you got casted for SM?"

There was 30 more minutes of interview and Seohyun talked smoothly, twirling her hair and biting her lips.

"Thank you, and one more time, SeoHyun!" Everyone clapped one more time and the sucessful interview was over.

SeoHyun smiled as she got off the stage and called Kyuhyun outside the studio.

"Oppa! I'm done with my debut! Wanna hang out?" Seohyun said joyously.

"Good for you, Hyun! I'm going on for a play in a few minutes, so I can't hang out and I have to hang up now, but call me later, kay?"

"Kay, bye oppa!"

Seohyun hung up her phone and she sighed happily.

"Boo!"

Seohyun screamed and dropped her phone. Yonghwa stood behind her grinning, holding flowers in his hand.

"Oppa?" Seohyun stuttered, surprised at Yonghwa. He's gonna blow soon, Seohyun thought, then he's gonna ask who the guy is.

"Hey, Hyun!"

"When... when did you come?"

"I've been waiting for 30 minutes in that bush."

"Oppa... then..."

"I waited until you were done with your phone call. I am such a gentleman!" Yonghwa grinned proudly. Seohyun stared silently.

She already saw. The tears in the corner of his eyes. The sadness behind his smile. 

"Oppa... I have to tell you something.. I-"

"No."

"Huh?"

"No. Stop talking."

"Oppa, I-"

"Don't you dare break up with me SeoJooHyun!"

"Oppa- okay. I wasn't gonna say that." Seohyun looked down and bit her lips.

"You're lying."

"What?"

"You're lying. You always can't look at me in the eyes when you lie.YOu always bite your lips."

"No, oppa..." Seohyun fumbled with her words.

"Then what were you going to say?"

"Oppa... you might get hurt because of me now. I won't be able to hold your hand or go on a date. I might even have to pretend to like another celebrity or do a duet with shinship with them. If you can put up with that, I... I won't leave you."

"...Fine. Just don't.... don't leave me."

"Bye oppa. I"m tired today. Come back later."

"... bye... And these were for you." Yonghwa threw the flowers into Seohyun's arms and walked away.

"I'm sorry..." Seohyun whispered. But Yonghwa was already gone.


Yonghwa sighed. This was the "open relationship" many couples had. 

He didn't want an open relationship. But a relationship is a relationship.

He called up his friends.

"Yah, what are you doing, Jonghyun?"

"I'm hanging at home, why?"

"I think I"m gonna...." Yonghwa stopped and started coughing. 

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Jonghyun sighed.

"Yeah... I'm fine... just... call you later."

Yonghwa put down the phone and started in an intense coughing fit. When he was done, he went outside and lighted a cigarette.

He hunched over in pain. There was a knock on his door.

"Come in," Yonghwa said.

"Oppa! Are you okay?" Shinhye said, running over to his side.

"Ha... you're a true friend, Shinhye. Even my girlfriend abandoned me, and you're here."

"Oppa, don't be so hard on Seohyun ssi, you're the one that didn't want to tell her."

"Still... thanks for coming... how'd you know?"

"Jonghyun called me, Minyuk, Junhee, and Jungshin. Minhyuk and Jungshin are practicing their music and, well, Junhee is here."

"Junhee?"

"Oppa!" Juniel rushed over to Yonghwa's side. "I told you, we have to go to the hospital."

"Don't you have schedule?"

"You are more important, oppa. I left you for too long."

"It's not your fault you were so pretty and became a celebrity. You're still my little sister."

"Oppa, let's go to the hospital and tell Seohyun unnie. Come on!"

"No... I don't want.... Seohyun..... to... know."

"Well, at least go to the hospital! The doctor said it'll get worse and worse. Don't you want to live?"

"I'm fine..."

"Oppa.... I read on Internet it's possible to get a donor. You can live! You're just being foolish!"

"The doctor said the longest I can leave was 6 months. I want to stay in my house during the 6 months."

"Last time, the doctor said that you were only going to live for 1 months. But you're still alive. He can be wrong!"

"No...that was only because....Seoyun was... next..... to me...I told her it was a very bad...cold.."

"Please oppa!"

"Just leave if you're gonna convince me to go to the doctor's... because I'm not going."

Juniel stood up determined. "Fine oppa, I'll leave." She opened the door and left.

Sinhye and Yonghwa are left alone in the room.

"She's usually more stubborn than that." Yonghwa muttered. "She's up to something, isn't she?"

"Yup." Shinhye nodded. The pair sat there ackwardly.

"Oppa.. don't blame Seohyun ssi... Junhee told me how stressful being a celebrity is, and you're keeping secrets from her too.'

"You can leave now." Yonghwa said coldly. 

"Oh... okay, um... bye, oppa." Shinhye said and closed the door.

Yonghwa sighed. He knew what a jerk he was being. Blaming Seohyun for something that isn't even her fault. And now yelling at his friend.

He dialed Junhee's number and called her. He would tell her everything.


Seohyun sat in the cafe waiting. She sighed and looked at the text message from the mysterious number again.

Meet me in the OOO cafe in Gangnam.

Am I an idiot? This can be a serial killer! Seohyun thought.

She got up to leave when a hand tapped her on the back. A chill ran down her back.

Slowly, she turned.

"Huh?" Seohyun said in surprise.

"Unnie!"

"Hey! Long time, no see!"

The young woman sat down in front of Seohyun. "Where were you going?"

"Nowhere! I was... going to the bathroom..."

"Haha, unnie! It's so obvious when you lie!"

Seohyun cleared his throat and changed the subject. "How'd you get my number?"

"Through Yonghwa oppa, of course! Do you really think I'll be that dumb? I'm not your little next door neighbor or your boyfriend's little sister who played with dolls and disturbed you guys while you guys were on a date."

"Ha, you were so cute back then... now... hmmm..."

"Unnie!" Juniel playfully pushed Seohyun. 

"So why'd you want to see me?"

"Well... Yonghwa oppa...."

Seohyun's face went rigid. "Is that what you came here to talk to me about?"

"Unnie... I know you don't love him anymore." 

"Who says that?"

"Yonghwa oppa."

"What?!"

"Unnie, just listen. I want you to try. Try to love him again. You loved him for 5 years. 6 more months. If you still don't love him, you can leave him. Just stay with him until he di-" Juniel stopped herself.

"Until he what?" Seohyun stared at Juniel.

"Nothing. Until he... also doesn't love you anymore."

She sighed. "I don't think I can love him or even stay by his side. I'm a celebrity now."

"If that's your excuse, you need to come up wiht a better one, because I'm a celebrity too, and I stayed by his side."

"You're his sister."

"You're his girlfriend. You should love him more than I love him."

"He's a nice guy. He deserves better. He has his whole life in front of him. Plenty of girls love him, I've seen the way they stare at him when we date."

"Unnie-"

"Bye, Junhee. It's been nice seeing you. And I promise, I'll try my best, but I pprobably... won't love him the way I loved him before. Maybe...out of pity."

Seohyun stood up and turned to leave then stopped. "By the way, i'm also not the same unnie you knew that only loved Yonghwa."

She really left. Juniel sat there, stunned. "Unnie, what happened to you? What happened to your innocent smile?" she muttered.

Juniel walked out and left. She didn't see the man who was reading a newspaper behind them. 


Yoona skipped along the road with Seohyun next to her. "Come on, Hyunnie!"

"Unnie, wait up!"

"I want you to meet my new boyfriend!" Yoona hummed as she skipped.

"Is it another guy who you are dating because he has money?"

"No! This time, I really love him!"

"Oh yeah? What's his job unnie?"

"What? He's a doctor!"

"UNNIE!!!"

"Fine, whatever! I'm gonna break up with him soon anyway!"

"Unnie, you're really shallow. *-_-"

"Who cares? You need to meet actual people who has money. Break up with Yonghwa and come on! I'll introduce you to someone!"

Seohyun's phone rang when she was about to answer. Mr. Lee.

"Seohyun ssi! Search up your name right now! Have you read the news?!"

"What?!" Seohyun quickly logged in and sighed. 

"Oh, God, no!" Yoona gasped, next to Seohyun.

SeoHyun break up with Juniel's older brother?

The overnight Internet sensation left a mystery for us in her debut interview about who she dated in her past. However, one of our reporters saw Seohyun and Juniel discussing one of her ex-boyfriends in a cafe in Gangnam. The mysterious ex-boyfriend? It turned out to be none other than another celebrity, Juniel's brother. His name is apparently Yonghwa, and Seohyun, who seemed like she was innocent, was the one that cruelly left him. Juniel was begging her to take him back. Is this young overnight sensation starting off her reputation with lies?

Seohyun stared at the article. Then, another phone call disrupted her.

Yonghwa.

 

A/N I think I know what all my subscribers will vote but...