Goodbye

Baby Maybe

"Immortal Love" Jo Sung Mo

I'll love you till the end

Don't care if I have to give my all 

Even if I somehow live, 

It's hard for me to live without you

I'll give the rest of my life for you

You don't have to worry about me

But please just be happy


Junhee opened up the door, crying.

Seohyun didn't even look at her. She pushed her aside and knelt next to Yonghwa's bed. 

"Oppa," Seohyun said softly.

"Mm... Hyun?" Yonghwa's eyes opened.

"Oppa, you're playing a joke on me, right? You're not going to die. I didn't give you my permission yet."

"Hyun... I... have to... die..." Yonghwa looked like it was hard for him to say more than two words in a row.

"Oppa, I need you. I didn't realize how much it hurted without you."

"You'll... survive... There'll.... be... other....guys."

"None of them will be as amazing as you. Oppa, I'll spend my entire life searching for someone like you and never find them."

"You... can... live... without me." Yonghwa grasped Seohyun's hand.

"No, I can't. Don't you dare leave me."

"When...I...die... I want... to be... a star."

"Why?" Seohyun asked.

"Because...then...I can....at...least...look at...you..." 

"You're not going anywhere. Not without me."

"I... can't... take... you... with...me..."

"Then you're not going wherever you were planning to go."

"Hyun...do...you...want...to...know..what...I wished...for...5...months...ago?"

"The thing you wished for on a star?" 

Yonghwa nodded.

"If you tell me, it won't come true."

"It's...already...too...late...I...wished...I could...be...next...to...you...when...you...died..."

"Why are you telling me this? Why are you making me feel worse about myself?"

"I...didn't...want...to...keep...anymore...secrets...from...you."

There was silence, then Seohyun asked a question that's been bugging her for a long time.

"Oppa, why didn't you go to the hospital? Get treatment?"

"I..wasn't...going...to...live...anyway...I..would've rather...spend...time...with...you...instead...of...in...a...hospital bed..."

"That was dumb, oppa. Romantic, but dumb."

"I...guess...I'm...just...a...dumb..guy." Yonghwa smiled weakly.

"But the sweetest dumb guy around." Seohyun kissed Yonghwa.

He smiled again. "I...don't...have...any...regrets...anymore..."

He seemed to shoot Junhee a look, and Junhee nodded.

"Hyun...I...know...we'll...meet...again...because...we...were...meant...to..be..."

"I know that oppa, it's just I can't wait the rest of my life until I die to see you again."

"I'm...being...selfish..."

"Is it selfish to want to see something that belongs to you?"

Yonghwa closed his eyes, and for a second, Seohyun thought he was gone.

But he quickly opened them again, and smiled. He looked more tired than happy.

"The...one...month...without...you...was...torture... I'm...wondering...how I'll...wait...decades...for...you...to..join...me"

"You're not going anywhere," Seohyun's voice quivered, and even she didni't believe it anymore.

"Death...isn't...scary..Hyun...You'll...realize...that...when...you're...about...to...die...It's...uncertainy...and...loneliness...that...drives...people...mad..."

"People will love you in heaven, oppa. Because you're an amazing people, and I'm sure those people up in afterlife will know that."

"...I'll...try...not...to...fall...in...love...with...some...cute...angel." Yonghwa joked weakly.

Seohyun smiled although she was crying. "You always drove me mad when you used to check out some other girls."

They just sat there, until Yonghwa spoke again.

"I...wanted...to...spend..more...time...with...you..."

"Oppa-"

"Did...you...know...that...we...didn't...go...to...that...ice...cream...shop...and...ate...ice...cream...for...two...years...now?"

"No,oppa...I didn't.

"It's...only..now..I realize...we were...foolish...because...we...wasted...so...much...time...I could've...done...something...else...for...you..."

"You did way too much for me, oppa. If you don't go to heaven, I don't know who else will."

Suddenly, Yonghwa gripped Seohyun's hand tightly. He scrunched up his face in pain.

"Oppa!"

"Can...I...hear...it...one...more...time?"

"I...I love you, oppa."

His face relaxed only a little bit. He opened his eyes one more time and fixed them on Hyun. 

The same twinkle. With the same twinkle from the moment he pulled up a chair next to her in the ice cream shop.

The eyes that never lost their twinkle until Seohyun left him.

"You're...going..to...be...a...star...Hyun...Brighter... than...the...rest...And...I'm...willing...to...bet...my...life..on..it." 

Yonghwa didn't speak after that.

His grip on Seohyun's hand loosened.

Junhee finally sobbed, and Jonghyun, who arrived a second before, consoled her.

Seohyun didn't cry at first. It didn't seem real.

Then, letting out a sob, she kissed him one more time. Then, in a barely audible voice, she whispered one more time.

"Goodbye, oppa, I love you."


A/N Noooooo! I'm sorry, but I didn't want to seem like a phony like some miracle happens, because that's not the way it happens in real life. I know I got a lot of request for Yonghwa living, but I'm sorry, this was my plan from the beginning. And yes, this chapter was a lot shorter than the other chapters. I'm going to update another chapter within the week, so don't be disappointed. And please don't stop reading just because Yonghwa's dead. This story will be over soon, the least you can do is read it until the end. ^^ You might also want to play Jo Sung Mo's Immortal Love while reading it again, because it's a really sad song, listen to it full! Don't forget to comment!