You're Mine

Baby Maybe

SeoJooHyun cringed as she walked out and saw Yonghwa holding up a giant sign looking for her.

"HYUUUN!!!" Yonghwa yelled and flung into JooHyun's arms. 

The 21 year old who just came back from her community service in Africa was tackled by her very clingy boyfriend.

"Yong! I told you I'll find you, you didn't need to bring this whole thing." Seohyun looked annoyed, gesturing toward the giant poster.

"But I missed you." Yonghwa pouted.

"Well, whatever. But why'd you come here anyway? I told you we'll meet tomorrow."

"Well, I couldn't wait! I'm going to make up for 5 month's lost time starting today!"

"Yong! I have other plans too. You called me every hour in Africa! That's lost time?"

"But who's this other plans with?"

"Oh.. um.. it's with Yoona. This girl that I met on the AFrica community service." JooHyun bit her lips and looked away. 

"Oh... okay. We'll meet tomorrow." Yonghwa kissed JooHyun on the forehead.

"Okay, Yong. Pick me up  tomorrow."

"I love you."

"..."

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Oh, yeah, Yong. I love you too." Seohyun gave Yonghwa a hug and walked away to catch a taxi.

He doesn't know. He doesn't know my heart doesn't beat for him the way it used to.

Seohyun sighed. She caught a taxi and dialed a number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, oppa! I'm going there right now." Seohyun smiled brightly.

But there were tears in the corner of her eyes.


Yonghwa groaned.

He knew.

He knew that Seohyun didn't love him like she used to. He knew that she didn't love him as much as she does. He knew that she lied about Yoona, because she always bites her lips when she lied.

But he can't give up.

He's gonna stay with her.

Even if she's disgusted by him.

He's gonna stay by her side.


Seohyun's conscience took the best of her and she sighed.

She called the number again.

"Oppa.. can I cancel our plans? Can we hang out later?"

"Sure... JooHyun. Call me later."

"O..okay, oppa."

She hung up and called Yonghwa.

"Yeah, Hyun?" Yonghwa's bright, childish voice filled Seohyun's ears.

"Oppa... Yoona canceled on me. Maybe we can hang?"

"Sure! I'l...I'll be out right now!"

"Okay, I'm heading that way."

Seohyun hung up and drove to Busan, where Yonghwa lived.

"Hyun!!!" Yonghwa ran up to Seohyun.

"Hey," she said.

"I was thinking about going to the park!"

"Um... it''s 8 PM." 

Seohyun's plane landed at 5 PM but with all the time they wasted, the sky was already dark.

"Exactly! It'll be like night hiking!" Yonghwa grabbed Seohyun's hands and dragged her along.

Thank godness it was dark so Seohyun couldn't see his tears or his red eyes.

They walked quietly hand in hand. 

Suddenly, Seohyun linked her arm around Yonghwa's. She smiled at him.

"Oppa, I'm sorry." Seohyun said quietly.

"Sorry for what?" A sudden fear seized yonghwa.

"Sorry for...." 

Not loving you anymore, Seohyun thougt. But instead she said "leaving you alone for so long."

Yonghwa relaxed. "It's okay, Hyun. As long as you don't leave me forever."

"Just out of curiousity... what would yo do if I left you?"

"I'd die."

Seohyun searched for laughter in Yonghwa's voice but there was none.

"I'd die slowly and painfully. And that's why you can never leave me."

"Of course, Oppa.."

They again walked in silence until they reached Seohyun's house, which was right across from the park.

In front of Seohyun's house, Yonghwa smiled at Seohyun.

He grasped Seohyun's hand and brought it to his chest. He looked up and began to sing softly.

 

Star light, star bright

The first star I see tonight.

I wish I may, I wish my might

Have the wish I wish tonight

 

He let go and smiled sheepishly.

"What did you wish for?"Seohyun asked softly.

"If I tell you, they say it won't come true. But can't you guess?"

Yonghwa leaned in and kissed Seohyun. It was short and clean, just the way Seohyun liked it, but it didn't feel right today.

"I love you..."

"... I love you too."

Yonghwa turned to walk away, then ran back to Hyun and hugged her.

"You're mine, forever and ever. I know that I can't sleep because this is better than my dreams."

"Are you quoting Dr. Seuss?"

"Yup." He smiled as he pulled away. "Bye, Hyun."

He tapped Seohyun on the nose and smiled.

"Bye, Yong." 

It was too dark to see either of their tears. One out of happiness and other one out of sorriness.

A/N Sorry for the short chapter! This is more like the intro, so it'll be longer, don't worry.