chapter 8

Leave Me Not ... [sequel to Again and Again]

 

“Guys, any information?” Hyunseung asked when they all gathered in his penthouse again.

“I’ve got her medical records. It you know. I need to stay in that server room for almost 4 hours!” Gikwang complained. Minyoung chuckled.

“That’s the hacker jobs,” Junhyung stuck his tongue to him. In return, he got a painful smack from Gikwang.

“Yahh~~” Junhyung protested.

“Hey! Stop bickering around,” Hyunseung glared. Hyunseung was one of the agents for the national security agency so all these spy things were his daily routine.

“Take a look at the records. You might not believe it,” Gikwang continued. They studied the records very well.

“One person with two personalities?” Bora asked.

“Yes. She’s really having mental problems. She can appear in either one of her personalities. Usually if the first personality is kind, the other is bad. She might be overshadowed by her alter ego,” Gikwang explained.

“Alter ego? What’s that?” Minyoung asked. She never heard the terms before.

“I’m not really knows about it but alter ego was the bad personalities of her. She has a trauma before. She likely to take revenge by using her alter ego,” Gikwang tried to make everyone understand. They just shook their head.

“That’s mean, she can be more aggressive?” Yoseob asked.

“Yes. She will be extremely aggressive than her usual self,” Gikwang said.

“That’s mean she’s a dangerous person. We really need to be careful,” Hyunseung said.

“I agreed. The only thing that we need to know now is what is her alter ego looks like? We need to know it so that we can act intelligently,” Gikwang said.

“Is there any possible way for us to make her become her alter ego?” Bora asked.

“I’m still working on it,” Gikwang said.

“Okay, that’s great. We already know that she have two different personalities. Yoseob, how about her past?” It’s Yoseob turn to presents his work.

“Well, I went to her parent house but totally failed to talk with them so I asked their neighbour, happened to be Suhyeon uncle. He said that Suhyeon was kidnapped when she was 5. She was left on the streets after 3 days. Since then, she’s suffered from mental illness. The illness becomes worst when Dujun asked for a break up, 3 years ago. He said again, Suhyeon father was asking Dujun to pretend to be Suhyeon boyfriend until he really finds a woman for his life. The reason he did it was he didn’t want to see Suhyeon depressed and suffered again,” Yoseob explained.

“He has been forced from the start,” Minyoung said and sighed.

“Minyoung-ssi, should we clear it to him?” Dongwoon asked.

“Ani~~ I still need more proofs,” Minyoung responded. Dongwoon just shook his head.

“What else, Yoseob-ssi?”

“This is not the good news for us. When Dujun was study abroad, she secretly continues her study in Forensic Science,”

“Mwo?!! Forensic Science? It’s makes her more advanced from us!” Bora exclaimed. Everybody looks surprised.

“That’s our biggest problem right now. We really need to keep an eye on her,” Yoseob said.

“Okay, we’ll take care about it. Junhyung?” Hyunseung asked Junhyung.

“Nae~ Her daily routines were as usual. But I caught her went to country side for several days in past week. I’m still check on where she was,” Junhyung said.

“Good! Keep following her. We need to be on track,” Hyunseung said. They all shook in unison.

 

*****

 

“Yeoboseyo~~”

“Hello! May I speak to Ms. Park Minyoung?” Dujun asked the secretary.

“Please wait, nae?”

 

(Minyoung POV)

“Miss, someone on the line 2,”

“Huh? Who is he?” I asked because today I didn’t expect anyone.

“He said he was your friend,”

“He? Okay, passed to me,” I said and get connected to the caller.

“Hello?” I uttered.

“Hello, Minyoung-ssi. Are you busy?” the caller asked.

“Huh? Who are you?” I asked because I really cannot recognize the voice.

“It’s me, Dujun,” he said.

“Dujun?!! How did you...” I stuttered.

“There’s only one PMY Architecture Firm in Korea, pabo,” he said and chuckled. I feel that I’m blushing now.

“Oh...”

“Dinner?” he asked.

“Nae? Dinner?” I asked back. My mind still didn’t function well.

“Let’s go out for dinner tonight,” he said joyfully.

“But...” actually, I don’t know what to say. I’m happy anyway!

“Wae? Have a date with Dongwoon?” he asked, sad.

“Aniyo~~” I completely denied it.

“Then?”

“I just need to check my schedule first,” I reasoned. I think that the most lame reason ever.

“Okay. I’m waiting,” he said.

“Uh? Waiting?” I get more puzzled.

“Palli, check your schedule,” he said.

“Uh? Okay,” I said. I’m messed up!

“Minyoung-ssi?” he called after ten minutes. I’m not checking on my schedule anyway but I was thinking of what he said.

“Uh? Nae??”

“Are you with me or not?” he asked.

“Mianhe~~”

“So, deal or not?” he asked.

“What deal?” I asked. Seriously, I don’t know what happened to me. I messed up everything!

“Aigoo~ Dinner tonight, deal or not?” he asked again.

“Deal,” I replied shortly. I mentally slapped myself.

“Okay. I’ll fetch you at your office at 6 pm. See you tonight, baby!” he said and hung up.

Baby?!! Dugeun... Dugeun...