A letter usually ends with a goodbye (Part 2)

Letters to a different you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well 'officially' this is the last chapter, but I already told some readers that I'll probably write some more chapters/stories/etc or a epilogue, other POV and so on~
I kept listening to B.A.P's "I remember", though the lyrics are not 100% fitting the song added the right atmosphere~
For now I won't say any more. See you down there after the longer chapter (that's why I split it >w<)
And if you don't remember Sunggyu's first letter was from 13/11/2011.

 

[12th November 2011, Seoul, The Apartment | Myungsoo ]

Myungsoo woke up when his alarm clock rang. He was quick to stop the sound since he didn’t want Woohyun to hear it. It was Saturday and normally Myungsoo would sleep in today, but he had other plans. Together with Sungyeol he wanted to surprise his friend and have some fun. He stumbled towards the kitchen with half closed eyes. The perfect start of a day included an excessive breakfast in bed that’s why he was already awake, though his body screamed for more sleep. Self-made breakfast was the original plan, but Myungsoo was not much of a cook. He could count the dishes he can make with only one hand. One of Sungyeol’s friends had prepared the breakfast the day before. It included everything that Woohyun liked. Myungsoo took the lunch box from the bottom corner of the refrigerator. He put the content on plates and then on a wooden tablet. He carefully peeled some fruits that Woohyun liked and prepared a cup of coffee. His stomach growled at the sight of the food. Stupid stomach this is Hyung’s food!

With a small smile he took the tablet and went towards Woohyun’s room. He carefully opened the door with his elbow and slid into the room. “Woohyun, rise and shine!”

Myungsoo blinked in confusion when he noticed that the bed was empty. It looked freshly made too as if no one had even used it last night. He searched the room for Woohyun but found no sign of the other. He set the tablet down on the desk and let out a frustrated sigh. So much for waking up earlier and surprising him. He wondered where his best friend was. Last night he had seen Woohyun enter his room, but maybe the elder had left after Myungsoo fell asleep.

After staring at Woohyun’s bed for a few minutes he decided to take a nap in his own bed. Maybe the other would be back soon. When he wanted to enter his room Myungsoo noticed a small notice on the door. That was quite normal. Sometimes they would leave a notice on the other’s door, so he didn’t suspect anything as he took it off and read it.

 

Don’t look for me.
I’m sorry.

 

He turned the paper around because he hoped for something like “It was a joke!” on the other side, but the back was empty. Myungsoo stared at the two sentences with wide eyes. He stumbled back and went to the check the other rooms. He kept calling for his friend. “Woohyun?”

Myungsoo looked at the piece of paper again, but the content was still the same. He couldn’t help but feel anxious. Suddenly he got an idea and the younger ran towards his room to get his phone. He called Woohyun’s number, but a robotic voice told him that the number couldn’t be reached. With shaking fingers he typed a quick message to Woohyun.

Woohyun-hyung, where are you?
Don’t joke around. Please answer your phone!

He his lips nervously and called Sungyeol. Myungsoo told him about the notice and Woohyun’s disappearance. Sungyeol listened until the end. “I’ll be there in a few minutes. Have you called his office or his parents? Don’t worry Myung, maybe he will jump out of a closet when you least expect it and scream ‘surprise’.”

Myungsoo gave him a quick thanks before he hung up and called Woohyun’s office. No one answered the phone. Unconsciously he started walking around in circles while he dialed the number of Woohyun’s home. The younger wanted to throw his phone against the wall when he ended up with the mailbox again. Instead he only threw it onto his bed and changed into some proper clothes. Myungsoo was on his way to leave the apartment when he ran into Sungyeol, who quickly accompanied him.

“Nothing new I guess?” Sungyeol seemed as uneasy as the younger. The taller male looked like a came straight from his bed.

“No, no one is answering the damn phone today! When I find Woohyun he’s going to get it from me!” Myungsoo said with a dark face.

“Let’s split up and check the places where we hang out usually. I’ll call the other guys to help out too.”

Myungsoo nodded and they separated again. He knew Woohyun’s note said ‘Don’t look for me’ but who would do that? Maybe it was only a false alarm, but the message sounded like Woohyun won’t return.


[13th November 2011, Seoul, The Apartment | Myungsoo ]

When the phone rang Myungsoo suddenly jerked from his sleep. He was disoriented for a moment, because he couldn’t remember falling asleep on his couch. But then he remembered how he had collapsed after looking for Woohyun the whole day and night. Sungyeol had probably carried him home since the taller male was sleeping next to him on the armchair. His phone rang again and Myungsoo looked for it with shaking hands. He found it on the ground behind the couch and stared at the caller ID for a moment. [Woohyun’s parents] the screen said.

Behind him Sungyeol woke up. “Aren’t you going to answer it?”

Myungsoo snapped out of his trance and answered the phone. He put it on speaker so Sungyeol could hear it too. “H-Hello?”

They could hear a police siren in the background and multiple voices. Myungsoo held his breath while they waited for an answer. “Myungsoo? This is Hyun-Woohyun’s mom.”

She paused, but the other two didn’t say anything. Sungyeol was staring at the distance and Myungsoo still held his breath. “Are you still there?”

He could hear her voice break as she choked on her own tears. Suddenly Woohyun’s father took over the call. “I’m sorry, she wanted to call you and tell you herself, but it’s too much for her right now. The police has found Woohyun’s car.”

The police has found Woohyun’s car.

Wasn’t that something good? Woohyun shouldn’t be too far away from his car. The car should be a hint to find his whereabouts not a reason to cry. Myungsoo tried to keep his voice steady as he asked. “What about Woohyun?”

Woohyun’s father sighed heavily. “He’s not here. They haven’t found his…him yet.”

Sungyeol jumped from his seat. “Where did they find it? Can we come?”

He gave them the address of the place and the two friends ran downstairs. They hurried into Sungyeol’s car and the tall male drove as fast as he could. The police had found the car by the roadside in a rural area. Myungsoo couldn’t calm down during the drive. He didn’t know how Sungyeol could still concentrate on driving, but he saw the knuckles of Sungyeol’s hands turn white whenever they reached a red traffic light, because his grip around the wheel got stronger each time.

They reached their destination after half an hour. Myungsoo could see the police cars at the roadside and the car of Woohyun’s parents. They were allowed to park behind them after the police checked their identities. The first thing Myungsoo saw was Woohyun’s mom. Mrs. Nam was sitting in the back of an ambulance with her face buried in her hands. He looked for Mr. Nam and found him a little further away from the street, next to a damaged car. Myungsoo felt his heart skip when he recognized Woohyun’s car.

Next to him Sungyeol cursed out loud. The choding leaned against his car for support. Myungsoo avoided his eyes. He didn’t want to see the other cry, because if he saw Sungyeol crying he wouldn’t be able to control himself. With shaking legs he stumbled towards the car wreck. He felt emptiness fill his heart. He couldn’t believe what he saw – he didn’t want to believe it. Mr. Nam turned around when he noticed the younger. The elder gave him a broken smile and Myungsoo looked at the car again.

Mr. Nam put an arm around his shoulder. Myungsoo could feel how much the other was shaking. “They said it was not an accident. The police found evidence that another car has pushed him off the street. The car rolled over several times because of the impact and the small slope.”

“What about Woohyun?” He asked one more time.

Myungsoo looked at Mr. Nam for an answer, but the elder man just stared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter