A letter bursting into flames

Letters to a different you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What a great day *_* the CD's I ordered from Yesasia finally came today. I had been waiting for my Infinite album for about a month >w< *dancing in circles*
Is anyone watching "The Genius: Rules of the game" by the way? I'm stalking the show for GrandpaGyu, but subs are so slow ;^;
Thanks again to the new subscribers! Special thanks to my loyal comment writers hebringsyalala, Noona_Khan, naznew, JPOPKPOP, rocheng09, xinshuang and everyone else of course too!
The next chapters will mostly be angst as we're getting closer to the truth behind the breakup.

Hope you guys "enjoy" the chapter!
('Enjoy' sounds kind of wrong ö_ö)
 

[20th May 2012, Seoul, Myungsoo’s Apartment | Myungsoo ]

 

When he opened the door smoke immediately engulfed him. Myungsoo tried to hold his breath, because he didn’t want to suffocate and faint after breathing too much smoke in. With his hands he tried to wave the thick smog away to actually see where he was going. It didn’t help much, but Myungsoo knew the outline of the apartment good enough. The younger squinted his eyes and looked in the direction of the kitchen. Warm air hit his face and he saw the origin of the fire. Myungsoo could literally feel his body creating more adrenalin when he saw the flames and his basic instincts were telling the man to run. He snapped out of his rigor and stumbled towards the drawer. His eyes burned from the sensation in the air and his body was screaming for air. The black-haired male extended his arms to feel around for the wooden cupboard.
He could already feel his knees weaken when he finally found the drawer. Myungsoo grabbed the letters, but his hands were trembling so much that most of them fell to the ground. He cursed out loud, which resulted in smoke entering his lungs and the younger started coughing. His sight got blurry and Myungsoo’s lung screamed for fresh air. Once he had opened his mouth it was hard to tell his body to stop gasping for air. Why was his body working against him in an emergency situation? Myungsoo bend down to pick up the letters, but he had trouble grasping them though they were right in front of him. He wanted to cry, but his eyes were too dry due to the blazing heat in the apartment. He couldn’t think straight anymore, his brain had entered panic mode and his body selfishly screamed for air. Myungsoo felt his consciousness fade as he fell over. Someone grabbed him by the arms and tried to get him up on his feet, but the male was too weak to stand. The other person started dragging him away, Myungsoo wasn’t sure where they were going. His mind was blurry und in his delusional state he suddenly thought Woohyun was still in his room.

“No! I’m not leaving without, Woohyun!” He screamed and tried to free himself of the other’s hold.

His savior didn’t stop dragging him towards the front door. “He’s safe, Myung.”

Once they reached the corridor other people surrounded them. Myungsoo could only see blurry shadows move, while strong hands lifted him off the ground and carried him outside. In front of the building he was laid on a stretcher. Someone took his hand and a face came into his field of vision. He could barely see right now, but Myungsoo was convinced he knew the person.

“Woohyun, you’re safe. They didn’t lie.”

The other didn’t answer, but his other hand started caressing Myungsoo’s face. He leaned into the touch and closed his eyes. Now that fresh air filled his lungs again, his body finally calmed down. Everything’s fine, he thought, Woohyun is alright.



 

[9th November 2011, Seoul, Myungsoo’s & Woohyun’s Apartment | Myungsoo ]

 

When Myungsoo left the bathroom he found his friend sitting at the kitchen counter. He checked his watch for a moment, before he looked at the other again. It was 4 a.m. and Myungsoo had woken up from a nightmare, which was why he had decided to pay the bathroom a visit. Woohyun didn’t notice him coming closer. The elder was staring at a distant point with a blank look on his face. He had never seen Woohyun like that before and it worried Myungsoo somehow.

“Hyung?” He asked, his voice merely a whisper.

Woohyun didn’t react and the younger took a seat next to him. “It’s still early. What are you doing, Hyung?”

Now the elder finally faced him. Woohyun tilted his head to the side and smiled weakly. “Oh Myung, I didn’t notice you. I had a bad dream, you too?”

The younger nodded. “Ne, but my alarm clock is set on 5 a.m. anyways. What did you dream about?”

“Nothing I could tell an innocent child like you.” Woohyun smirked. “It’s rated.”

Myungsoo pouted. “You do know I’m only one year younger than you, Hyung, right? I’m old enough!”

“I wasn’t talking about your age, but your mind. Don’t be like a little teenager, I’m not telling you about it.” The elder patted is head and a yawn escaped his lips.

“Is everything alright though? You looked like something’s on your mind.”

Woohyun sighed and avoided his eyes. “It’ just work… it’s tiring. My boss was being an lately, because I lost the case with that juvenile delinquent. He acts all high and mighty as if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter