A letter you can’t forget

Letters to a different you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[19th May 2012, Seoul, Myungsoo’s Apartment | Myungsoo ]

 

Sungyeol laughed out loud, but Myungsoo didn’t think the letter was that amusing. It was just impossible for the Woohyun in this letter and the Woohyun he knew to be the same person. His best friend would definitely never stutter or blush! How dare this sender writes things like that about him!

 

The choding wiped tears from his eyes and stopped laughing, but only to read the ‘best part’ – as he called it – out loud again. “On our way home later that day you actually ran against a lamppost and 10 minutes later you successfully embarrassed yourself in front of my family. I still can’t believe you asked them for my hand in marriage. Were you out of your mind? Back then I was about to kill you right on the spot, but you charmed your way into our (and my) hearts. Maybe I should have sensed something that time. Like the certain confidence in your eyes or the way you naturally touched me sometimes. The greasy beast in you was just waiting for me to lower my guard.”

 

Not amused Myungsoo took the bun from before and started eating. “There’s no way that’s Woohyun.”


“Well if you think about him, you think about grease.” Sungyeol argued. He put the letter away to make some coffee, which he really needed right now. “And did he ever tell you about his life as a student? I can imagine him being all cute and greasy at the same time.”

 

The younger snorted. “It’s probably the wrong address.”

 

“Don’t be stubborn. How many ‘Nam Woohyun’ living in this apartment complex do you know? I think Sunggyu must be his past lover, though I never heard him mentioning the name.” Sungyeol blinked. “Yah, Kim Myungsoo, why is there no sugar in this kitchen?”

 

“Because I drink my coffee black and I was his best friend, he would have told me something important like that.” He finished the bun and grabbed another one. Why was he even getting this angry about it? Could he be jealous, because there was a Woohyun he never knew about? Nah! No way!

 

“Let’s just forget about it.” Myungsoo said. He stood up, took the letters and put them in a drawer in the living room. “And don’t even think about telling me: ‘I told you!’”

 

Sungyeol looked up from his coffee and grinned. “I wouldn’t dare to. Let’s eat and then we will go on a date.”

 

The younger arched an eyebrow. “A date, hyung? Did the letter have some kind of influence on you? You want to try running against a lamppost after that?”

 

“Of course! And I should do the thing with the parents and your hand in marriage.”  The choding smirked and took a sip from his coffee. “Ah~ simply the best.”

 

“I would kill you if you do that.” Myungsoo glared at the older, but he couldn’t stop a smile from forming on his lips.


“That means ‘yes’ to the date?”

 

“It means shut your mouth and drink the coffee, Lee Sungyeol.”

 

[19th May 2012, Seou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter