A letter usually ends with a goodbye (Part 1)

Letters to a different you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Attention: It's only part one~
Meaning this is not yet the end, because I'm cruel and I'm splitting it :( Sorry for the longer wait!
Angst with Myungsoo and Sunggyu ahead. *sigh* Honestly I don't know how you guys are going to react to this ö_ö I don't want to spoil anything *shuts up*
 


[24th May 2012, Myungsoo’s apartment| Myungsoo ]


Myungsoo nearly jumped out of his seat when the next message from Dongwoo came. The other apologized for the wait. They were climbing right now and the connection was really unstable. Sunggyu’s contact details were in the new message too. For a moment the black-haired male wasn’t sure if he should feel relieved or burdened. It was one thing to talk with a total stranger like Dongwoo, but writing a message to Sunggyu was on another level of difficulty. He wanted to say so many things to the older man, but it was hard to find the right words. Myungsoo would need a good plan before the photographer arrived in Seoul. Hopefully Sungyeol had some ideas when he returned – if he returned. He bit his lower lip slightly as he typed a quick message to Sunggyu on his phone.

I know this must be confusing for you, but I found your letters instead of Woohyun.
If you tell me when your group will be arriving in Seoul, we can meet in person and talk about it.
I wish I could tell you everything right now, but it’s not something I can explain to you over the phone.>

He reread the message again and again. Should he mention that the letters are now with Woohyun’s parents? But the whole thing was probably confusing enough for the elder. He could only imagine what Sunggyu must be thinking right now. Myungsoo guessed that Sunggyu had written a letter every month, every time with the assumption that his ex-lover will read them. The news that his words had never reached Woohyun should be hard to swallow.  Suddenly the younger wished he could have read the other letters. He only had the chance to read four letters, which was about half of the total amount, before Sungyeol gave them away. He thought about calling the parents of his best friend to ask them about the letters since Sunggyu had the rights to get them back, but the doorbell suddenly rang. Myungsoo stood up and went to front door to let Sungyeol inside.

The choding didn’t look any better than before, his hair was still a mess and he looked worn-out. “I don’t think he took it well. But I guess none of us did.”

Sungyeol immediately headed for the kitchen to make some coffee, which he really needed right now. Myungsoo closed the door behind him and followed the older man. “I finally found a way to contact that Sunggyu guy. Dongwoo-hyung helped me out.”

“Dongwoo-hyung?” The taller man gave him a curious glance. “Who’s that?”

“Oh he’s traveling with Sunggyu and some other guys. I found his Twitter account and asked him for help. You know what’s funny? He’s a fan of Hoya too.”

Sungyeol chuckled. “You should have told him that that guy is standing in your living room, I bet he would have sent you Sunggyu immediately in a paper box and with a ribbon attached.”

“You’re not mad because I continue with my stupid obsession?” Myungsoo asked.

The other shrugged and gave him a smile. “I know you’re too stubborn to stop, but you have to tell Sunggyu the truth yourself. Do you know when they will reach Seoul?”

“I already sent him a message, but Dongwoo-hyung said that the connection is bad at the moment because they’re climbing around Sobaeksan Mountain. I’m still waiting for his answer. I thought you could help me come up with a plan while we’re waiting.”

Sungyeol tilted his head slightly to the side. “A plan? Just meet up somewhere quiet and talk things out, though I don’t know if this place would be a good idea. I mean your kitchen is not in a very good condition and I think the memories this apartment holds would be suffocating for both of you.”

Myungsoo frowned. “I know that much, hyung.”

He sighed. “I mean I don’t know how to greet him. I only know him from the letters. I know nothing about the real Kim Sunggyu! The only thing I know is that Hoya doesn’t like him very much.”

“Lee Howon is a jealous , though I would be the same if someone stole you away. Just meet him without any expectations, you can still turn around and run away if he looks like a gangster that sells weapons and kidnaps little girls.”

Myungsoo hit his shoulder. “Be serious, hyung! If Woohyun calls him a hamster he can’t be that dangerous.”

Sungyeol turned his back to him because the coffee was done. “Well technically speaking hamsters can still bite you. Sorry Myung, I don’t know. I’m just trying to lift the mood a bit.”

“I know…thanks.” He heard his phone vibrate and Myungsoo quickly g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter