BangDae #6

Oneshots

A/N: Okay, it's been a long time since I posted something and this might not be anything up to your standards. This is just a random fic that I wrote after watching a horror movie. LOL. This has got nothing related to horror though.

Since this is just something that I type out suddenly, it is quite messy and the ending is kind of weird and bad. 

But this is like the sweetest Yongguk that I have ever wrote. I hope that it's not too out of character since I can totally imagine him doing all those things. 

Btw, I am so tired right now, I did my best to change or find mistakes from the chapter, I hope that I didn't miss too many of the errors. >____<

Well, anyways, I hope you enjoy this update~ Comment and tell me how you feel about this so I at least have an idea of where I should change and improve on. Thanks in advance~ XD 

 


Daehyun is currently on the bed, with Yongguk trying to get him to relax a little. “Hyung, just a while more, I will be able to see it.” Daehyun groaned and Yongguk sighed. “I am not going to have any problems, you are the one that will die if this continues.” Yongguk had to literally hold Daehyun down to make sure that he doesn’t move about as he tried to get Daehyun to relax.

Daehyun has this ability to see things that normal humans can’t, or doesn’t want to, see. Whenever Daehyun touches something, with a small thought in his mind, he can see the past and near future of the thing. It is a scary gift since birth but Daehyun thought that it can actually be useful at times.

However, there will always be shadows when there’s light; there are pros and cons to this ability. The good thing is, thanks to this skill he has, they escaped quite an amount of mishaps that were supposed to befall them. While the bad thing is, using it has a side effect, Daehyun’s head will hurt like hell whenever he sees a clip of the past and future.

With a scientific explanation, when they went to the doctor, it is said that Daehyun has huge pressure in his brain and he has to relax a little or the blood vessels will burst. The doctor said that this condition is normally found in patients with brain tumor but Daehyun doesn’t so he only got the advice of relaxing so that the blood vessels won’t be under too much pressure.

The things that he can see aren’t limited to that, he can also see spirits that are around. This is useful, relating to Yongguk’s job. Yongguk works as a detective and with Daehyun, he is able to solve the cases faster than anyone would possibly solve it. Often, the appearance of the spirits around the humans Yongguk has to investigate shows Daehyun what type of person Yongguk is investigating.

Yongguk found this skill useful since the very moment when he knew about its presence, however, he chose not to use it unless needed since it is putting Daehyun under unneeded pain and danger. Daehyun, though, would often insist on helping Yongguk by using that ‘gift’ of his. So this duo became the most demanded detective in town, earning most of the money.

“Daehyun, just relax for now, you will get a if you continue.” Yongguk cooed as he ran his hand through Daehyun’s hair gently, soothing Daehyun’s headache a little. Daehyun decided that what Yongguk said makes sense and he stopped trying to get away from Yongguk’s grip.

After Daehyun relaxed, he was totally drained, using it requires high amount of energy that always leaves Daehyun tired and weak. However, instead of stopping this time, Daehyun grabbed Yongguk’s by his arm suddenly and closed his eyes. Yongguk just let Daehyun do whatever he wanted since Daehyun is very stubborn and Yongguk needs to let him rest.

Despite how Daehyun's brows are furrowed, breath getting quicker and harsher as time pass, he still insists on holding onto Yongguk's hand until he finished the clip. As sudden as how Daehyun checked Yongguk’s near future, Daehyun's eyes opened and he clutched onto his head, groaning in pain. Shocked by the sudden reaction, Yongguk pulled Daehyun up into a sitting position before he rested Daehyun's head on his chest, patting Daehyun's head gently and whispering comforts.

Yongguk didn't make a move to pull away even when he felt Daehyun relax a little. "Don't go near huge water bodies, they are angry and they just want to kill, let people know their existence, let them die in a terrible way like they did." Daehyun mumbled, voice weak and tired. "Okay. I will make sure to avoid huge water bodies." Yongguk assured.

"Now, just rest for a bit." Yongguk pulled away and pushed Daehyun onto the bed gently. Daehyun looks like currently and Yongguk felt guilty of using Daehyun like this. "Hyung, sleep with me."

That was all that Yongguk needs to hear before he slipped under the blankets, holding Daehyun close to him. "It's not hyung's fault." Daehyun whispered and found a comfortable spot. Yongguk's heartbeats acted as a lullaby, pulling Daehyun into a deep slumber.

Yongguk was actually kind of glad that Daehyun can read him like an open book, he really needed that, even though he knows that he is partially responsible. For now, this is enough, Daehyun sleeping in his arms is enough to make everything better. Daehyun is Yongguk's life support, without it, Yongguk wouldn't be the Yongguk he is now.

When Daehyun woke up, Yongguk wasn't on the bed with him anymore and he sat up with a groan. "Is your head still hurting?" Yongguk asked the moment he stepped into the room even though he sort of guessed the answer. When Daehyun didn’t reply him, his guess is affirmed. “Do you want to sleep more?” Yongguk asked but before Daehyun could reply, he spoke in an irritating, failed, higher pitch voice. “No.”

“Hyung, you .” Daehyun laughed and Yongguk smiled a little. “Don’t do this next time, you know that it’s dangerous.” Yongguk warned and Daehyun nodded with a pout. “I know it already, sorry.” Daehyun half whined and grumbled. “Don’t move.” Yongguk commanded when Daehyun made a move to get out of bed.

“Not yet, rest a little more, or it will be very dizzy for you.” Yongguk said softly, staring at Daehun gently. Daehyun didn’t say anything else and just laid back down on the bed, closing his eyes. Sitting beside Daehyun, Yongguk ran his fingers through Daehyun’s hair gently and he left after pecking Daehyun on the lips.

Daehyun curled up into a ball after Yongguk left, brows furrowing. His headache is threatening to crack his skull and he is feeling more nauseated than he should be. With the increasing nauseated feeling, it didn’t take long for Daehyun to stumble out of bed to the bathroom, throwing up into the porcelain bowl. His legs were about to give out on him when Yongguk appeared beside him.

There was nothing Yongguk could do except for holding Daehyun up and patting his back gently at this moment. Yongguk can only look at Daehyun suffer and not being able to do anything. “Don’t move, please.” Daehyun groaned as he leaned onto Yongguk after he felt like nothing is going to come out from his stomach anymore.

“Feeling better?” Yongguk asked after a while and Daehyun wasn’t able to give any reply. Yongguk didn’t move a bit until Daehyun whispered something about bringing him to the basin. After Daehyun brushed his teeth, he felt so bad he just leaned onto the wall beside him and slid down, sitting on the floor. “Should I send you to the hospital?” Daehyun shook his head lightly to the question.

Yongguk spent lots of effort before he finally got Daehyun onto the bed again. Once Yongguk got Daehyun on the bed, he stayed until Daehyun’s asleep before he went to cook something small and simple for Daehyun when he wakes up. Yongguk jumped when he felt something against his back and only relaxed when he turned a little and saw that it’s Daehyun.

Daehyun wrapped his arms around Yongguk, resting his head on Yongguk’s shoulder. “I am feeling better already, don’t worry.” Daehyun assured before Yongguk could say anything. “Then go sit somewhere, you are bothering me.” Daehyun shook his head and held Yongguk tighter. “You will feel bad not feeling more of my warmth when I leave.”

That caught Yongguk’s attention and he turned around, staring deep into Daehyun’s eyes. “What are you talking about?” Yongguk asked and Daehyun just shook his head. “Nothing much, I am hungry.” Daehyun changed the topic smoothly and Yongguk smiled, pulling Daehyun to the dining table, making him sits there as he cooked the meal.

Yongguk and Daehyun ate the meal happily, laughing once in a while, Daehyun ignored the sick feeling in him and tried to make this time as happy as he could. He wants the time that he spends with Yongguk to be filled with happiness. Besides, the nauseated feeling is subsiding and Daehyun doesn’t want to waste time sleeping.

They sat in the living room after the meal, watching the news quietly until Daehyun switched it off suddenly. “Hey hyung, let’s go shopping.” Daehyun suggested suddenly and Yongguk just stared at him. “Why so sudden?” Daehyun smiled and pointed to the streets. “The weather will start to get colder from now, it’s not too long before winter approaches.”

“Maybe some other day.” Yongguk made a move to get the remote back but Daehyun shook his head. “There’s nothing much for you to watch anyway, come on, let’s go out.” Daehyun whined in hopes that Yongguk would just go out with him already. Yongguk cupped Daehyun’s face, squeezing Daehyun’s cheeks a little.

“Arraso, let’s go out.” Yongguk sighed as he rubbed Daehyun’s face, ignoring Daehyun’s muffled complains. The mall is only down the street and they strolled there leisurely, commenting about the kids on the streets. Daehyun pulled Yongguk around the clothes, looking around happily. While Yongguk just followed quietly only giving some comments when needed, letting Daehyun decide on which to buy.

Even when Daehyun threw 2 sets of clothes to him and made him pay, he stayed quiet, never questioning him about the reason behind why he chose the same sets as last year’s. Yongguk brought Daehyun back shortly after they bought the clothes since he knows that Daehyun isn’t feeling too well yet. The headache always bothers Daehyun for a whole day.

Daehyun bugged Yongguk to cook a simple dinner when they are back since it’s getting late already. Considering that it’s Daehyun’s request, Yongguk couldn’t say no and so, they sat by the dining table, laughing a little as they ate. Daehyun offered to wash the plates since Yongguk cooked and, of course, Yongguk didn’t protest. It will only make Daehyun feel bad if he stopped him from doing even simple things like washing the dishes.

When it got pretty late, both of them lied on the bed facing each other. Daehyun leaned upwards and pecked Yongguk on his lips and a small smile appeared on Yongguk’s face. “I love you, hyung.” Daehyun whispered and Yongguk only pulled him closer, wrapping his arms around Daehyun. “Sweet dreams.” Yongguk whispered and Daehyun snuggled into a comfortable position before falling asleep.

 


Hyung, saranghae.

Yongguk sat up on the bed and he looked to his side to find that it is unoccupied. “Daehyun ah.” Yongguk called as he searched around the house for Daehyun. It was when the house showed no traces of Daehyun that Yongguk froze on the spot and stared at the floor, smiling sadly, with tears in his eyes. “Ah, I forgot… You’ve became invisible to me.”

It’s just a dream, the only time when Yongguk can see Daehyun again, a time that Yongguk doesn’t want it to end. Yongguk went back to the bed and tried to go back to sleep. When he couldn’t, he pulled the covers over his head, hoping that it will hide the soft sobs coming from him. A while after he calmed down, he washed up and opened the closet, staring at the 2 sets of exact same winter wear for the both of them.

Grabbing the scarf, he wore it around his neck loosely after changing into something simple. He went to Han river, standing by it and closing his eyes. It’s still quite early in the morning and there aren’t much people around. The amount of people around got lesser when it started drizzling and hence, no one realize that there’s one guy, slowly moving towards the body of water.

It was as if the river is calling out to Yongguk, asking him to walk in and he did. His brain didn’t seem to be functioning enough to inform him that what he is doing is dangerous and he should stop immediately. It was when his whole body seemed to be pulled back that he took a few steps back, away from the water.

 

Didn’t I tell you to not go near huge water bodies?

 

Yongguk looked around when he heard the familiar voice. “Daehyun…” He mumbled and ended up crying on the streets which wasn’t noticed since the drizzle turned into a downpour. It was almost as if the sky is crying for him, pitying him for his loss.

 

“I am always around, hyung, and I will always protect you,” Daehyun wrapped his arms around the shaking body of Yongguk. “even though you can’t see me now.”